Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    I've always loved the way Michelle Kwan pointed her fingers on the landings of her jumps. It always stood out for me and caught my eye, really nice touch.

vCash
    This is probably a big thing ! but Hanyu's counter before his 3A-it was such a surprise that a jump came after it!

The little changes of edge in the spirals Meryl and Charlie addd to their free skate at US Nationals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...eYztaeI#t=138s

I like the stalking like a cat section where Tessa is chasing down Scott at the beginning of their Carmen FD.

vCash
    I loved that moment from D/W, too! So genius

vCash
    i love how ashley wagner used her arms in her black swan spiral sequence- i also loved how g&g presented thier jumps - skating backwards with a landing position prior to the jump sequence- it alwasy seemed so polished to me

vCash
    Just the little turn Katia's doing here, to give her hand to Sergei :
    http://youtu.be/qbLnF1cmDLQ?t=1m35s
    She is so graceful.

Of course, I also love, love, love this :
    http://youtu.be/qbLnF1cmDLQ?t=3m6s

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    I loved Sasha Cohen's very musical and long entry into her 3Flip in her Malaguena SP.
    Also liked Slutskaya's entrance into her 2Axel in her Olympic SP. I have "stolen" this entrance from her for my pupils actually
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    Jonathan Cassar's spread eagle sequence - deep edges, incredible speed, real drama.

I also loved Courtney Hicks' split jump variations in her exhibition programs and her wonderful combination spin. Was it my imagination, or did she and Agnes Zawadski both do blindingly fast back spins in their programs? Great way to end a program.

vCash
    I love the way Kwan used to combine her spirals together. 1998 East of Eden and 2002 Fields of Gold are grand examples.

vCash
    I loved the smile flashed by Midori every time she landed a difficult jump- not really a part of 'skating' but it generated a lot of excitement for the viewers.

vCash
    Facial expressions. Nothing more off-putting than seeing a skater look like they'd rather be anywhere else. It makes me think: 'If you don't give a shit about your own performance, why should I?' Performance skills in general as an extension but whilst not everybody can easily achieve a great posture, lines, etc. etc. it really doesn't take that much to show some kind of emotional involvement (yes, I know it's not easy if you're focusing on technical elements but still).

Giving a shit about music is nice as well. You know sometimes a really little detail, like bobbing your head to a musical accent, can make a big difference.

vCash
    Berezhnaya-Sikharulidze 2002 SP: I love the spread eagles & turn right after landing the throw before getting into the split double twist.

I also like their hands/palms/fingers positions throughout- a lot of attention to detail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAJUcgMZMO4

In their LP (Meditation from Thais) there are so many interesting little moments- the mohawks, the shoot the duck, taking steps back, the Eternal spring position from Rodin sculpture, the final sustained spread eagles-spiral positions, and they all were smoothly interwoven in to the choreography.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=B_VDRBCOslo
    Last edited by Vash01; 02-05-2013 at 04:19 AM.

vCash
    Oksana Baiul's 1994 Oly exhibition, skated to The Swan:

The way she looks at certain places in the routine, moves her neck, gorgeous arm movements and the little hand movement to indicate the dying swan. This is one of my all time favorite exhibitions by any skater.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI27ulyzUoM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    You know sometimes a really little detail, like bobbing your head to a musical accent, can make a big difference.
    Yes love Shae's head bobble in the SLSS in Waltz OD 2003

vCash
    The very beginning pose and first movement of Michelle's East of Eden. She's not even skating yet, but looking over her shoulder, then reacting to the beginiing of the music.

vCash
    When music goes down then you can here that pure sound that skate blades make with ice. For example, this. It's the moment of serenity. Just beautiful.

vCash
    Slide spirals!!! Alex Johnson does a small one as part of his step sequence in his current FS. It is a nice highlight; makes me catch my breath every time a skater performs one. Jeremy Abbott did a nice one in his Life is Beautiful program. IIRC, Robin Cousins had a gorgeous slide spiral... time to look on youtube!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    When music goes down then you can here that pure sound that skate blades make with ice. For example, this. It's the moment of serenity. Just beautiful.
    I want to watch him at practices without music and listen to his blades, for all my life !

Just me
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kiss-n-cry View Post
    Slide spirals!!! (snip) Robin Cousins had a gorgeous slide spiral...
    Yes!
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

vCash
    Gwendal's split position in the lift in TMITIM FD. I get goosebumps everytime I watch that programme especially leading up to that part.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast