Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    Well, she often looks grouchy, but that's beside the point. I do wonder why Lyndon was so grouchy on this board about carriemarie "spilling the beans" a few days early. Mind you, carriemarie has offended people I care about on this board, but that's the nature of the board. Maybe he was just disappointed in himself for not controlling the spin this time??

Regardless, I hope the two of them both find whatever they are looking for in the upcoming season. Seems they are tossing out a good option with a year to go - and while D might be short, she is certainly a much different build than Rockne's prior partners. Lots of work there too, if they go that route, and not a lot of time to get it together. Here's to US Pairs!

vCash
    Caelen Dalmer and Shane Firus are both on IPS so I guess that split is confirmed now (Tantallongirl mentioned the rumored/likely split in a Trash Can thread a couple of weeks ago).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sk8 View Post
    Well, she often looks grouchy, but that's beside the point. I do wonder why Lyndon was so grouchy on this board about carriemarie "spilling the beans" a few days early. Mind you, carriemarie has offended people I care about on this board, but that's the nature of the board. Maybe he was just disappointed in himself for not controlling the spin this time??

Regardless, I hope the two of them both find whatever they are looking for in the upcoming season. Seems they are tossing out a good option with a year to go - and while D might be short, she is certainly a much different build than Rockne's prior partners. Lots of work there too, if they go that route, and not a lot of time to get it together. Here's to US Pairs!
    Who's Lyndon?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aemeraldrainc View Post
    Who's Lyndon?
    Lyndon Johnson is her coach in Florida.

vCash
    Both Shalena Rau and Phelan Simpson are listed on IPS. Unknown why they split but possibly he wants someone who can jump triples based on his profile of 2A and 3S ability.

vCash
    Rau completes the axel and sal with greater consistency than Simpson in practice

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johndockley92 View Post
    Rau completes the axel and sal with greater consistency than Simpson in practice
    The competition is what really counts though. Isn't he more consistent then?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by madm View Post
    Lyndon Johnson is her coach in Florida.
    You mean Lyndon Johnston and not the 36th President of the United States.

Phelan Simpson lists himself as 5'6"/167 cm. in his IPS bio.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Phelan Simpson lists himself as 5'6"/167 cm. in his IPS bio.
    Good luck finding suitably sized partners then.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Caelen Dalmer and Shane Firus are both on IPS so I guess that split is confirmed now (Tantallongirl mentioned the rumored/likely split in a Trash Can thread a couple of weeks ago).
    They were too close in height, a real shame.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    The competition is what really counts though. Isn't he more consistent then?
    Not from what I saw at Canadians and Challenge, where he was the one with jump difficulties. I remember also thinking while watching them that the throw errors they made were because of poor technique on his part.
    Last edited by Erin; 02-12-2013 at 12:29 AM.

vCash
    this thread makes me nervous everytime someone posts.

vCash
    LOL I know, everytime I see it updated Im afraid another team has split. and probably im provoking the same for another poster right now

vCash
    After all the partner splits does anyone know about new partnerships? I am sure coaches are working on developing new partnerships for the new skating season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Haha that would be great!

vCash
    Caitlin Fields, age 17 (7th in Junior Pairs at 2013 U.S. Nationals and 2012 U.S. Novice Pairs silver medalist with Jason Pacini) is now listed on IPS. She lists herself as 4'11".
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I wonder how good a Middleton/Johnson pairing would be. Both medaled the same year in intermediate and both had potential for JGP's with their old partners.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by figuresk8302 View Post
    I wonder how good a Middleton/Johnson pairing would be. Both medaled the same year in intermediate and both had potential for JGP's with their old partners.
    Is relocation listed as an option for either? (Of course, relocation sometimes becomes a option unexpectedly for the right partner at the right time).

They're on completely different coasts and Elise Middleton is still a bit young to relocate w/o a parent - by some standards. Her sister has a partner in Intermediate Dance (7th at Nationals with an All Year FSC partner)... so relocating outside of the SoCal area may realistically not be an option for the family until she's older.

vCash
    Another thing to consider is that the new ISU Junior maximum age rule for male pair/dance partners of 19 will come into effect for the 2014-15 season. For example, Johnson will be 19 and ISU Junior age-eligible for 2013-14 but then will age out before the 2014-15 season.

ETA list of 2013 U.S. Nationals skaters currently listed on IPS:

Caitlin Fields (7th in Junior Pairs with Jason Pacini)
    Caitlin Belt & Michael Johnson (9th in Junior Pairs)
    Brenna Doherty (12th in Junior Pairs with Craig Norris)
    Elise Middleton (3rd in Novice Pairs with Robert Hennings)
    Lianna Thomas & David Botero (10th in Novice Pairs)
    Juliette Erickson (11th in Novice Pairs with Connor Fleming)

Yura Min & Igor Ogay (11th in Junior Dance) - he has RUS citizenship & she lists herself as USA
    Alexander Martin (7th in Novice Dance with Sierra Chadwick)
    Cassidy Klopstock & Logan Leonesio (6th in Intermediate Dance)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 02-15-2013 at 05:40 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochelle View Post
    Is relocation listed as an option for either? (Of course, relocation sometimes becomes a option unexpectedly for the right partner at the right time).

They're on completely different coasts and Elise Middleton is still a bit young to relocate w/o a parent - by some standards. Her sister has a partner in Intermediate Dance (7th at Nationals with an All Year FSC partner)... so relocating outside of the SoCal area may realistically not be an option for the family until she's older.
    I remember seeing that Michael Johnson posted a status about needed a backpack big enough for his tryouts-means that he may relocate for a potential partnership

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast