Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 118
  1. #41

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    759
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    608
    Well, she often looks grouchy, but that's beside the point. I do wonder why Lyndon was so grouchy on this board about carriemarie "spilling the beans" a few days early. Mind you, carriemarie has offended people I care about on this board, but that's the nature of the board. Maybe he was just disappointed in himself for not controlling the spin this time??

    Regardless, I hope the two of them both find whatever they are looking for in the upcoming season. Seems they are tossing out a good option with a year to go - and while D might be short, she is certainly a much different build than Rockne's prior partners. Lots of work there too, if they go that route, and not a lot of time to get it together. Here's to US Pairs!

  2. #42

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,737
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    887
    Caelen Dalmer and Shane Firus are both on IPS so I guess that split is confirmed now (Tantallongirl mentioned the rumored/likely split in a Trash Can thread a couple of weeks ago).

  3. #43
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Age
    30
    Posts
    303
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sk8 View Post
    Well, she often looks grouchy, but that's beside the point. I do wonder why Lyndon was so grouchy on this board about carriemarie "spilling the beans" a few days early. Mind you, carriemarie has offended people I care about on this board, but that's the nature of the board. Maybe he was just disappointed in himself for not controlling the spin this time??

    Regardless, I hope the two of them both find whatever they are looking for in the upcoming season. Seems they are tossing out a good option with a year to go - and while D might be short, she is certainly a much different build than Rockne's prior partners. Lots of work there too, if they go that route, and not a lot of time to get it together. Here's to US Pairs!
    Who's Lyndon?

  4. #44
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    535
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by aemeraldrainc View Post
    Who's Lyndon?
    Lyndon Johnson is her coach in Florida.

  5. #45
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    569
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Both Shalena Rau and Phelan Simpson are listed on IPS. Unknown why they split but possibly he wants someone who can jump triples based on his profile of 2A and 3S ability.

  6. #46
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    474
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Rau completes the axel and sal with greater consistency than Simpson in practice

  7. #47
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Two-foot skating = BAD
    Posts
    20,501
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by johndockley92 View Post
    Rau completes the axel and sal with greater consistency than Simpson in practice
    The competition is what really counts though. Isn't he more consistent then?

  8. #48

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,672
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    43422
    Quote Originally Posted by madm View Post
    Lyndon Johnson is her coach in Florida.
    You mean Lyndon Johnston and not the 36th President of the United States.

    Phelan Simpson lists himself as 5'6"/167 cm. in his IPS bio.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

  9. #49
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Two-foot skating = BAD
    Posts
    20,501
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Phelan Simpson lists himself as 5'6"/167 cm. in his IPS bio.
    Good luck finding suitably sized partners then.

  10. #50
    I <3 Kozuka
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver/Seattle
    Posts
    19,211
    vCash
    730
    Rep Power
    44320
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Caelen Dalmer and Shane Firus are both on IPS so I guess that split is confirmed now (Tantallongirl mentioned the rumored/likely split in a Trash Can thread a couple of weeks ago).
    They were too close in height, a real shame.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

  11. #51

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,875
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5845
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    The competition is what really counts though. Isn't he more consistent then?
    Not from what I saw at Canadians and Challenge, where he was the one with jump difficulties. I remember also thinking while watching them that the throw errors they made were because of poor technique on his part.
    Last edited by Erin; 02-12-2013 at 12:29 AM.

  12. #52

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    956
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1550
    this thread makes me nervous everytime someone posts.

  13. #53

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lima
    Posts
    1,516
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    378
    LOL I know, everytime I see it updated Im afraid another team has split. and probably im provoking the same for another poster right now

  14. #54
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    26
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    After all the partner splits does anyone know about new partnerships? I am sure coaches are working on developing new partnerships for the new skating season.

  15. #55
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    683
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Haha that would be great!

  16. #56

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,672
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    43422
    Caitlin Fields, age 17 (7th in Junior Pairs at 2013 U.S. Nationals and 2012 U.S. Novice Pairs silver medalist with Jason Pacini) is now listed on IPS. She lists herself as 4'11".
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

  17. #57
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    12
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I wonder how good a Middleton/Johnson pairing would be. Both medaled the same year in intermediate and both had potential for JGP's with their old partners.

  18. #58
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    347
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by figuresk8302 View Post
    I wonder how good a Middleton/Johnson pairing would be. Both medaled the same year in intermediate and both had potential for JGP's with their old partners.
    Is relocation listed as an option for either? (Of course, relocation sometimes becomes a option unexpectedly for the right partner at the right time).

    They're on completely different coasts and Elise Middleton is still a bit young to relocate w/o a parent - by some standards. Her sister has a partner in Intermediate Dance (7th at Nationals with an All Year FSC partner)... so relocating outside of the SoCal area may realistically not be an option for the family until she's older.

  19. #59

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,672
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    43422
    Another thing to consider is that the new ISU Junior maximum age rule for male pair/dance partners of 19 will come into effect for the 2014-15 season. For example, Johnson will be 19 and ISU Junior age-eligible for 2013-14 but then will age out before the 2014-15 season.

    ETA list of 2013 U.S. Nationals skaters currently listed on IPS:

    Caitlin Fields (7th in Junior Pairs with Jason Pacini)
    Caitlin Belt & Michael Johnson (9th in Junior Pairs)
    Brenna Doherty (12th in Junior Pairs with Craig Norris)
    Elise Middleton (3rd in Novice Pairs with Robert Hennings)
    Lianna Thomas & David Botero (10th in Novice Pairs)
    Juliette Erickson (11th in Novice Pairs with Connor Fleming)

    Yura Min & Igor Ogay (11th in Junior Dance) - he has RUS citizenship & she lists herself as USA
    Alexander Martin (7th in Novice Dance with Sierra Chadwick)
    Cassidy Klopstock & Logan Leonesio (6th in Intermediate Dance)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 02-15-2013 at 05:40 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

  20. #60
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    USA
    Age
    17
    Posts
    65
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochelle View Post
    Is relocation listed as an option for either? (Of course, relocation sometimes becomes a option unexpectedly for the right partner at the right time).

    They're on completely different coasts and Elise Middleton is still a bit young to relocate w/o a parent - by some standards. Her sister has a partner in Intermediate Dance (7th at Nationals with an All Year FSC partner)... so relocating outside of the SoCal area may realistically not be an option for the family until she's older.
    I remember seeing that Michael Johnson posted a status about needed a backpack big enough for his tryouts-means that he may relocate for a potential partnership

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •