Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    4 More Years
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Honestly...

It was incredibly cruel on the producers part to have Richard 'helping' one of the designers and of course Patricia 'drew' last. He was much more of a hindrance than of help. That look was never going to happen.

Patricia is the most original and creative designer this season. 'She didn't do much better' because her outfit wasn't finished. And it wasn't finished because her design could not have been completed because Richard doesn't know how to sew so she struggled and had no idea how to resolve this situation. And when exactly should she have gone home when other this disaster, she has pretty much always delivered?
    To me most of Patricia's designs come off as artsy crafty and not at all interesting or creative. Sure, she has had a few successful designs most notably episode 1 beautiful , but while this used a somewhat interesting technique, in the end it was a boring dress with some whicketywack hanging off it. how much creativity did this really take? I am beginning to see a pattern here take a boring dress and overlay whicketywack

This monstrosity should have gotten her auf'd

boring and not particularly well made cruise wear

This was interesting I liked that she handpainted an additional piece of material, this piece along with the first episode dress were the only two pieces that really caught my interest.

This last dress was once again nothing but a boring dress with a lot of crap hanging off. The shape was not in the least flattering or interesting.

ETA, to be honest, none of the designers this season have particularly caught my imagination. The talent on this show has gone way down since the move to Lifetime.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemomaz View Post
    To me most of Patricia's designs come off as artsy crafty and not at all interesting or creative.
    I dislike the use of 'arts & crafts' as a pejorative term. It's like people who say 'pottery is not real art.' Yes, 'arts & crafts' meaning textile design and manipulation is her strength. She's also good at using unusual materials and techniques to enhance her garments. So basically all the things that you criticise her for are the things which are make her stand out from the crowd and which make her original and memorable. You might perceive them as 'not real fashion' but that's more prejudice than it is an argument. And at the end of the day, what's seen as 'legitimate art' and 'arts & crafts' is very arbitrary. It's a red herring.

She screwed this one up, definitely, but there were much worse designs in that episode. Like Amanda's:
    http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/proj...nway/episode-6

The flower-like overlay and the way it flowed were anything but boring.

vCash
    OT, sort of... Why do most runway models look stoned? Or like they have suffered years of abuse and have a dead look in their eyes. Is that just to keep the focus on the clothes?

vCash
    That seems to be the idea, I believe.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    So far (pre-elimination)....of all the "inspirations" the only one I don't get is Stanley. All the others I can look at and go "Oh, yeah, I get it, that's New York/Berlin/Paris/Barcelona", but...how the heck is that London?

vCash
    Yuck...I'm not feeling good about who the judges are going to pick.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    I'm kind of...huh? On their response to Stanley's. It was..not London. (And I'm sorry, everyone
    "in" but Stanley should be PARANOID--exact words, people, Heidi only told him "You will show at fashion week." All the others got "You'll make a collection and return to New York.")

And I have this delightfully evil thought that in the judges' deliberation we didn't see when going to bat for Patricia Heidi pulled on Meana Garzilla "Hey, the last time I caved in to you and Kors about 'sellable' clothes...you gave the win to Gretchen. We should trust your judgement why?"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by susan6 View Post
    I'm wondering what Michelle's "do or die" task will be. Probably something along the lines of "you have 15 minutes and a needle and thread and scissors. Convert the outfit you made into something editorial that is NOT a t-shirt and pants."
    That would have been a much better "task". In the end, there really wasn't one. I mean, she had to "wow" them? Isn't that the supposed task every week for all the designers?? Anyway, I'm glad she made it to fashion week. I too don't think all four will actually put on a show, but at least she still has a chance.

Daniel so annoys me. Did he cry during the entire show for heavens sakes? I will say that I thought his look so reminded me of Germany, but that may have more because his model looked like the white, blond rocker girls I saw when I was stationed there in the 80's.

Didn't at all get the Stanley love this week. Don't know all about London, but I just thought the black outfit was SNOOZE-fest.

I was scared for Patricia. I thought that jacket looked like a pinata, with the sleeves full of candy and toys.

vCash
    I didn't care for Stanley or Daniel's outfits.

Despite the "Sherlock" reference, the look was funereal and dreary.
    Daniel's look lacked the "snap" that would make it distinctive.

Shh...I liked Layana's jacket.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane View Post
    That would have been a much better "task". In the end, there really wasn't one. I mean, she had to "wow" them? Isn't that the supposed task every week for all the designers?? Anyway, I'm glad she made it to fashion week. I too don't think all four will actually put on a show, but at least she still has a chance.
    I thought that was really an 'Oh crap" moment for the judges/producers and their special challenge for her was more a warning. They clearly really did NOT want to send her home and they were stuck. The "task" was more like a punishment for not letting them eliminate one of the others. (I assume Leyana or Patricia.)

Though now I wonder if Stanley is the chosen one, or if there was something about that fabric that just REALLY doesn't come across on TV because it just looked like a really skinny black dress with a capelet.

vCash
    So glad my fellow Tiwa woman Patricia made it to fashion week. The only one who clearly is inspired in my opinion and draws her inspiration from within. I don't care if her clothing is 'wearable' or not, it's truly remarkable and so much different than anyone else as far as her vision and her ability to manipulate textiles. With several months to work her ideas will come to fruition without the constraints of time.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I liked Layanas jacket too. Not the ruffles but the jacket.it was the only piece on the runway that I would buy. I wonder if she'd had a short skirt poking out, would they have thought it looked younger.

Didn't they have an on runway remake challenge in the all star season? (Ulli and Josh? ) I too thought that was what Michelle would have to do. Loved her idea, didn't think the ombré worked.

Stanley's was boring and Daniels was dated Germany. I would have asked Patricia to remove the black leather at the top so I could see the jacket. I liked the fabric, not the shape. ITA with the piñata comment above.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    With several months to work her ideas will come to fruition without the constraints of time.
    I'll be looking forward to what Patricia does, as well.
    The preview of her visit with Tim is intriguing.

vCash
    I was disappointed by Stanley's dress. The sketches he originally drew looked brilliant but the final result looked like a widow's weeds! And that beautiful material he used as a liner looked tacky to me.

vCash
    Just catching this episode.

I'm so glad Michelle was given a second chance and that she pulled it together. I liked the bib thing, but the skirt of that dress was crazy big. I was kind of at her fascination with the soot places on the buildings and wondering how on earth she was going to incorporate it with her fabric. I also noted that Michelle was chosen for Fashion Week by every other designer. They only mentioned Stanley being named by all of the other designers.

Patricia's jacket looked like white plastic wal mart bags over top of fabric. I didn't care for it, but then I can't think of many of her designs that I thought were great. I do have to give her credit for doing something different. I am looking forward to seeing what she can do when she has less time constraints.

I didn't get the love for Stanley's dress. Maybe it comes across better in person. I thought it was just another black dress. I missed the wow factor. And yay for no Richard drama this week. Come to think of it, I'm not sure I saw Richard actually doing anything for Stanley. Maybe Stanley just did the whole thing himself.

Daniel's hair in the preview is I'm happy that he gave up the old stuffy look at least for one week. But who knows what he'll do when he's on his own to design. I do think Amanda really helped him this week. And I love Berlin! I so want to take another trip there some day.

I'm not sad to see Layana go, purely because her voice drives me crazy. She just seems to be perpetually whining whenever she opens her mouth. I appreciated her effort in designing that jacket, but I also got a old fashioned vibe from it. And the sleeves looked like napkins hanging out. It is that they liked the piece that she didn't make.

vCash
    Patricia's studio is AWESOME!!

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Michelle looks like the winner right now.

vCash
    I'm glad for the 3 who made it, but thought Michelle's outfits were awful!! I thought the 3 models looked unkempt and messy. I didn't like Patricia's outfits all that much either. But, they were't boring...like Stanley's and Daniel's outfits.

vCash
    If that was "representative" of Michelle's collection and taste level, UGH!

Stanley was a big disappointment.
    I've never understood what the judges see in him.

Patricia was, by far, my favorite; given what she showed last night.
    The "attitude" toward her, especially from Nina, seemed dismissive and rude.
    It's strange, since she was second into the finals.

I suspect that Zac Posen really fought for her.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Stanley=boring
    Daniel=boring
    Patricia=didn't look like a collection.
    Michelle=attempt at being fashion forward and new. I loved the black coat. And the sweater. Looked like a collection. My color palette is the same as hers too.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast