Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Beach Bum
    vCash
    Layana is getting on my last nerve. She throws Richard under the bus one week, then she has a meltdown because Daniel betrayed her by sticking up for himself? Both those pieces had Daniel written all over them. The "creative genius" was totally stuck and crying in a corner until the others talked her off the ledge. She did the print, which I liked, but after that she just flailed.

I loved Stanley's dress, and Michelle's face print was great/loved the painting on the overcoat.

Also hoping for Michelle, Stanley, Patricia.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Layana was very fortunate this week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Layana is getting on my last nerve. She throws Richard under the bus one week, then she has a meltdown because Daniel betrayed her by sticking up for himself? Both those pieces had Daniel written all over them. The "creative genius" was totally stuck and crying in a corner until the others talked her off the ledge. She did the print, which I liked, but after that she just flailed,
    When she was sitting there totally falling apart, all I could think was, "You did it to yourself, sweetheart. Now own up to it." Oviously the judges have caught onto her and her dynamic.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Yes, I think her comment to the judges "I kept telling him to make something I would wear" really told them where she was coming from.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Layana was very fortunate this week.
    Yeah, she should thank her lucky stars Richard's piece was just pure crap. I actually liked Patricia's in the 'wearable art'/outre sense, though not in a thousand years could anyone actually WEAR it. I would have probably gone with Michelle as the winning dress. I didn't like the colors on their ready-to-wear, and while it certainly did MOVE, it billowed out so it looked like a circus tent. Summer maternity wear?

Another weakness of the 'team' format--the winner should really have been Daniel's look but his team didn't win. That jacket was just flawless. The skirt wasn't EXCITING but it was certainly a nice way to take the art print and tone it down.

vCash
    I agree about Daniel's jacket. It looked absolutely STUNNING on the runway. I SO want to buy it for my sister or niece.

I didn't like Stanley's dress at all. I didn't see the entire show (only the last half-hour or so), and didn't even think it was a dress. I thought it was a shapeless poncho.

vCash
    I think Stanley won based on the bubble wrap--that was his idea. It made the dress. I'm very over Leyana.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Layana or Leyana is so whiny. I can't stand her voice or personality this week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    ... She did the print, which I liked, but after that she just flailed.
    Actually from what I saw, Daniel and Layana were both working on a print idea which didn't turn out right when they enlarged it so they started over. And, then it was Daniel who came up with their final print at the last minute according to what he said in his voice-over.

ITA with everyone about Layana's attitude. Right from the beginning when she was paired with Daniel, the vibe was not good, because it was obvious Layana wasn't happy with the pairing (kind of ironic since she'd worked well with Daniel during the first team challenge at the beginning of the season). It went from bad to worse as they were walking around the art museum, and Layana was being nose-in-the-air while Daniel gave in to her. I think both Daniel and Layana were feeling fragile after some rough team experiences. But Daniel was less fragile since he'd gotten lucky the previous challenge where he should have been in the bottom but his teammate Michelle won, so he was saved.

Perhaps Daniel should have been the one to do the art piece and Layana should have done the ready-to-wear. It seems that Layana's nose-in-the-air attitude (masking nerves and fear of inadequacy) led her to become controlling without any substantial creative ideas to back it up. Next we see Daniel having to beg Layana to cut some of the print fabric so he'd have something to work with for his ready-to-wear outfit. She was in complete agonizing/ monopolizing mode and only gave Daniel less than a yard of fabric that he ended up making work. Daniel seemed to have calmed down from the previous challenge and didn't let Layana's high-handed manner and whiny nerves frazzle him.

Seems to me that Layana got over-excited about the prize money for this challenge and lost any creative edge. She was obsessing about how she needed the money to pay off school bills, when she should have just tried to get motivated, and more importantly, work with her teammate. She is young, good-looking and talented, so she will probably do well in the industry if she takes this all in as a learning experience and grows up.

Richard was clearly ready to go home, because he should have been sent packing a few challenges before. He was uncomfortable and out of his element. Too bad his former teammate, Samantha, didn't make it to at least this challenge. Patricia's idea didn't translate well this challenge ... it wasn't fully realized. The root of the problem is that Patricia and Richard didn't work together at all -- too many excuses re having different aesthetics.

Stanley and Michelle rocked, but the key is that they also worked well together and their aesthetics were complementary. It was cool that they combined on the concept and had input on both outfits. The print design was Michelle's, and she made an interesting coat, plus the hand-drawing on the back of it. Stanley helpfully edited out Michelle's original hat idea, and his dress worked very well with the art piece, plus the bubble-wrap for the art piece was his idea. But either of them could have been chosen as the winner. Michelle seemed good about Stanley winning since they'd worked so well together, and she'd won the previous challenge. She probably wasn't that happy inside though about losing the prize money. Stanley should probably give her half of it.

Next week hopefully Layana and then Daniel are out. Clearly, the most talented are Michelle, Patricia and Stanley. But the problem will be how they pair the remaining designers and what the challenge is, and if they are back to one day which makes the challenges more difficult.
    Last edited by aftershocks; 04-04-2013 at 09:22 AM.

vCash
    Layana's model has THE worst runway walk. How she got on the show is beyond me. She has very small steps, no strut whatsoever, and walks more like she's walking down a school hallway.

vCash
    Uh...okay.

vCash
    Layana's look was stunning, especially for a one-day challenge.
    Stanley's jacket was OK, the culottes not so much.
    Daniel's shorts; never fashion forward, and poorly constructed, IMO.

Michelle's ego! She won't listen.
    She's very lucky to have not been eliminated.

Patricia got less than no "help" from Richard.
    No wonder she was despairing.
    How did someone who can't sew get on PR, anyway?

4 More Years
    vCash
    Utterly BS episode, the producers are more and more blatant with their manipulations! Patricia should have been gone several episodes ago, that sad sack looked like a grade school craft project. I call BS on blaming Richard, yeah the guy can't sew, but she did much of the sewing herself and she did not do much better. I don't get the Patricia love at all, yeah she has some interesting ideas, but most of it comes off really artsy crafty and not at all fashion.

Layana's top was somewhat interesting, but not particularly well constructed and I am pretty sure I have seen that look before. The skirt was crappily sewn and ugly.

Daniel's look was just plain WTF? Although I think Nina was right, it might have worked better with a flowy skirt.

I thought Stanley's jacket looked dated, but the overall look was cute, but I don't think particularly editorial.

Michelle's look while not editorial was really cute and beautifully sewn.

For me the only two designers who have any business still being there are Michelle and Stanley. Everybody else is mediocre or just plain disastrous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemomaz View Post
    Utterly BS episode, the producers are more and more blatant with their manipulations! Patricia should have been gone several episodes ago, that sad sack looked like a grade school craft project. I call BS on blaming Richard, yeah the guy can't sew, but she did much of the sewing herself and she did not do much better. I don't get the Patricia love at all, yeah she has some interesting ideas, but most of it comes off really artsy crafty and not at all fashion.
    THIS.

Those round cut outs on the leather strips hanging on that "dress" looked like the result when a preschooler decides to cut snowflakes and doesn't know how to fold the paper first. And that had nothing to do with anyone's sewing skills or lack thereof; that was all her bad taste.

vCash
    I agree with Patricia's trainwreck of an outfit, but I felt bad that she was paired with Richard. And, aren't the remaining designers usually allowed to choose among all the ousted members? Why were just 5 brought back, meaning one designer would be stuck with the one no one picked (and of course it would be Richard)?

In the end, even with Patricia's trainwreck, I think Daniel should have been ousted. A yellow jacket with wings, paired with Daisy-Duke yellow shorts. UGH! It showed his continued inconsistency in taste. And with Michelle (tho I'm still confused how the episode ended), she did exactly what she was told not to do. Nina could not have been more clear in what the challenge was about, and Michelle totally ignored her. She was asking for it.

And wanted to say about Stanley...*SSHOLE! Imagine how awful it will be to work for him if he becomes a top designer!

vCash
    I thought Michelle or (shudder) possibly Layana should have been the winner last night. I don't know who I would have auffed. Patricia's trainwreck.....if you squint at it, you can see where she was going (she certainly didn't get there) and it was an interesting idea. Stanley's was a bit boring. Culottes? Really? Daniel, definitely some taste level issues.

I'm wondering what Michelle's "do or die" task will be. Probably something along the lines of "you have 15 minutes and a needle and thread and scissors. Convert the outfit you made into something editorial that is NOT a t-shirt and pants."

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    So this time the boring well-made outfit drew the short straw. I understand giving Patricia some leeway due to problems with Richard, but it would have been more fair to give her the "do or die" task than Michelle.

vCash
    I don't understand why Zac Posen is in the show. I don't remember him giving a single interesting, constructive comment yet. It's a shame Georgina Chapman is not part of the show any more because she always gave very specific, constructive comments regarding the fit, the seams, the proportion and other things along those lines that actually matter.

Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    She helped Richard with the concept but that jacket is all him. That's maybe the best jacket I've seen on this show. That black jacket was INCREDIBLE!!!!!
    It was incredibly well cut but it was almost exactly the same jacket as the one he's done before. And before. Yet he gets all the praise for it? One trick pony much?

And one week on, it was back to hideousville for Daniel.

I cannot believe that he wasn't sent home for that hideous, Sesame Street jacket. It was poorly constructed, it looked cheap and it looked like a costume. Ridiculous decision.

I guess producers want him in because he makes clothes that get talked about I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    How did someone who can't sew get on PR, anyway?
    Honestly...

It was incredibly cruel on the producers part to have Richard 'helping' one of the designers and of course Patricia 'drew' last. He was much more of a hindrance than of help. That look was never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by skatemomaz View Post
    Patricia should have been gone several episodes ago, that sad sack looked like a grade school craft project. I call BS on blaming Richard, yeah the guy can't sew, but she did much of the sewing herself and she did not do much better. I don't get the Patricia love at all, yeah she has some interesting ideas, but most of it comes off really artsy crafty and not at all fashion.
    Patricia is the most original and creative designer this season. 'She didn't do much better' because her outfit wasn't finished. And it wasn't finished because her design could not have been completed because Richard doesn't know how to sew so she struggled and had no idea how to resolve this situation. And when exactly should she have gone home when other this disaster, she has pretty much always delivered?

vCash
    Gotta spread rep around before I can give it to you again, Ziggy, but, yes, Patricia is THE most interesting and individual designer this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Patricia is the most original and creative designer this season.
    I totally agree. I hope she makes it to fashion week, because I am so looking forward to seeing her show.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast