Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Beach Bum
    vCash
    I agreed with the result and the order. I really liked Michelle's collection. I also thought Hunger Games punk. I would wear her stuff though (with the compass too). She had so many pieces, it was cohesive and expensive looking. Loved the opening look, and the coat, and so many other pieces. I didn't love the bleeding heart sweater, but so funny that Tim told her to lose it and Nina just loved it. I think it might have given her the win. I liked her story too.

Some of Patricia's stuff was just gorgeous, and there is no reason that an art wear designer shouldn't win. But it looked like she had 4 or 5 different 2-3 piece collections, some spring, some fall, several completely different silhouettes.

I cannot believe Stanley blew it. He completely lost focus and clearly wasted a lot of his at home time. Plus, when Nina tells you to put the cool top with the black pants, do it! She'll cut you at the end for not doing her bidding. The looks that he made at the last minute were Michael Kors' favorite and my least favorite. The yellowish upscale shirt dress and white with gold sparkle dress looked like short versions of Pat Nixon and Betty Ford go to the Kennedy Center in the 70s. A number of matronly looks, adn so much poor unfinished sewing. I really only liked the plain black pantsuit and the outfit where Nina wanted the top paired with the black pants. Such a shame - I thought he'd be the most polished of the 3, not the least.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Michelle's was very yawn. I'm sorry it was just over redundant and had no originality to it in the sense that I have seen these sorts of outfits all over cosplay conventions before. It was really lame overall and would simply make my own post apocalyptic outfit if that's what I wanted.

Patricia was bold and refreshing and was clearly the most talented and the only one who took risks and attempted to innovate. The only thing that held her back was that indeed her aesthetic is probably not marketable to the general population. On the other hand her designs certainly make a statement. I love her and she should have won.

vCash
    I thought of another description for most of Michelle's collection - survival gear.
    Hardly flattering to anyone; and even difficult for those size 0 models to wear.

I'd rather Patricia represent the "future" of fashion/design, than Michelle, any day.

ETA: Casting for the next season of PR is underway!
    Last edited by skatesindreams; 04-26-2013 at 11:39 PM.

vCash
    I just hated Michelle's clothes. I even liked Patricia's better and heaven knows if anyone would wear her outfits.
    Stan really folded at the end. I didn't think any of the 3 were a success.
    what a disappointment.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    I've never liked much of Stanley's so I'm amazed he lost. I've seen all of it, and it's still blah.

Michelle won on cohesion and marketability. I'd actually wear much of that. Patricia I think would only have won if the prize didn't involve designing for L&T, and even then she had a couple looks that didn't quite blend with the others. I don't mean fall vs. spring (who honestly cares one way or another there?) but some of the ones with the wrap-around sort of fabric (like one Tim was suggesting she change the angle on) didn't quite seem finished or to fit with the others. It would take a lot to make most of that easily salable to the average L&T customer. Stanley's meanwhile they already have (but again, I felt the same way about things like his "London" dress, which looked like a less-ambitious Christian look...)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Latte View Post
    I just hated Michelle's clothes. I even liked Patricia's better and heaven knows if anyone would wear her outfits.
    Stan really folded at the end. I didn't think any of the 3 were a success.
    what a disappointment.
    Yep. I felt like after the mini collections, they should have just said, "meh, no one wins; go home."

vCash
    My favorite part of the whole finale was the update on Demitri. Love him and am glad he has been so successful since last season.

I agree that Hedi looked ridiculous. The face, the hair, the outfit...yikes!

vCash
    Coming from the Northeast, I loved Michelle's take on outerwear. Too many of the fall collections we see are just redos of the spring ones in darker colors. Hers was a true fall collection. Could I wear it? No, but I think the ideas were really good.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    See, now, I'm also from New England and my thought on Michelle's collection was that New England falls are depressing enough; her clothes would make me suicidal. OTOH, if I went homicidal, at least I'd be dressed to kill.

I liked Patricia's designs all along, even if I wouldn't wear them. But it was pretty obvious all along that her stuff wouldn't be a good fit for Lord and Taylor.
    "You just can't underestimate the power of positive underwear." 2013 Fruit of the Loom ad

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789