Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post

Patricia was, by far, my favorite; given what she showed last night.

I suspect that Zac Posen really fought for her.
    Heidi likes her too.

vCash
    She didn't seem quite so supportive last night.
    Of course, there's much discussion we don't hear.

vCash
    I liked Michelle's collection for the most part, but there did seem to be too many pieces. I also like Patricia's collection, but the blue dress, which was gorgeous, didn't fit with the other two pieces. Nina clearly doesn't like her, so I'm wondering what her chances at winning are with one judge already so weighted against her. Does anyone know if there is going to be a guest judge for the final?

vCash
    Nina acts as though she regards Patricia as a "throw-away".

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Stanley=boring
    Daniel=boring
    Patricia=didn't look like a collection.
    Michelle=attempt at being fashion forward and new. I loved the black coat. And the sweater. Looked like a collection. My color palette is the same as hers too.
    My assessment as well.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ageless View Post
    Does anyone know if there is going to be a guest judge for the final?
    The preview showed Michael Kors as a 4th judge.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Oh great, if Michael Kors is back Nina's got backup (though I still wonder if Heidi got Patricia into the fight for the final by reminding Nina that she and Kors INSISTED on giving the win to Wretchen and look how popular THAT turned out to be so zip it..)

vCash
    Sorry, I just do not get the Patricia love. I am totally on Nina's side here. The blue dress was cute, but the headpiece ridiculous. The other pieces of hers I just don't get. I am not really a fan of any of the designers, but am hoping Stanley pulls it out. He is just so classy in his designs. Editing is leading us to believe Michelle is going to win, with all her almost not making it and being given a second chance talk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
    The preview showed Michael Kors as a 4th judge.
    Yes, and the preview shows him saying "art teacher on an acid trip". I suspect he's talking about Patricia, which is worrisome.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Well, I don't expect her to win, but weirdly Patricia's is way more "fashion as art" than most PR collections. Seeing it all in context it made total sense to me knowing her POV--I see powwow made space age--paillettes on the blue dress remind me of the silver janglers on powwow dance outfits, the colors and 99% of the shapes worked for me, and the gray and black dress with the stripes is on my list with Michelle's first look of dresses I'm going to cut a bitch for. The checked blue shirt, girl on the rez, that even made sense when I saw it with the styling. The only one I didn't get was the red sequin short dress and I was partially distracted by the model's hideous walk. I mean, what? Miss Jay is going to have to take some girls to school....

I liked Michelle's overall--it had a kind of "Steampunk goes Hunger Games" vibe. (I want that first dress.)

And now, demonstrating he'll probably win, the first and only look so far of Stanley's where I haven't been like YAWN was the gray sparkling dress on the Asian model. The only thing interesting are some fabric choices. (How does what looks like a black cardigan over a bronze dress make it "sexier"?) Wow, a couple of those make me wonder...did he have a couple plus-size models in there? The dresses make them look huge.

ALL of them cranked out much better stuff than on the show, because gee, I don't know, THEY HAD MORE TIME, PRODUCERS?

Also...whoever styled Heidi? You're fired. I don't care that I don't have that authority, you're fired.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Holy crap. On the preview, Zac just said "techno powwow" on the blue/silver look, and Michael Kors "loved, loved, LOVED" Michelle's first look.

IOW, at least two judges agree with me on something and said exactly what I was thinking.

And one of them is Michael Kors.

...I don't know if I should buy a lotto ticket or prepare for the end times.

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    Did Patricia not get the message that this was a fall collection? Too many bare backs and shoulders for fall. But she definitely had a couple of cute spring/summer looks.

vCash
    I LOVED Patricia's runway show!! If I ever go to a live runway show, hers is what I want to see--bold fashion, bold colors, and an entertaining show. I also loved Michelle's show. I'm glad they were the top-two.

Stanley went into fashion week as the clear favorite, but he simply fizzled out. The 3 outfits Kors pointed out in his collection were AMAZING, but that was it. 3rd place is exactly where he belonged.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post

I liked Michelle's overall--it had a kind of "Steampunk goes Hunger Games" vibe. (I want that first dress.)
    ITA. Each of her looks could be titled with the first word being "Katniss."
    "Katniss goes to the Capital."
    "Katniss goes hunting."
    "Katniss hanging out at home."
    "Katniss leading the revolution."

Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Also...whoever styled Heidi? You're fired. I don't care that I don't have that authority, you're fired.
    Yeah...that was....not good. Damn, ease up on the slap, you've got it set on "clown".

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    They got it right.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reuven View Post
    They got it right.
    Michelle won? Because I would have gone Michelle-Patricia-Stanley (because Patricia had one dress that didn't fit the collection well, and two others where I wasn't in love with the fabric but had a fantastic looking and moving collection overall, and Stanley was a snoozefest, while Michelle didn't have any real missteps and a couple looks you could basically put in a store right now).

I went and was watching "Black Swan" on FMC instead because I really didn't want to hear the judges yacking.

Like I want that first dress. And the gray and black with kind of striping from Patricia's.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Though on most of Michelle's, I'd want a little more buckles/rivets and on that red in particular I'd want the compass back. Tim and the judges don't get steampunk. Or even just punk.

vCash
    I didn't like Michelle's collection.
    Too heavy and "costume-ish ; with its' Armageddon/Warrior vibe.

Stanley simply refused to listen and made himself irrelevant.

None of the others could have done what Patricia accomplished; either in terms of textile creation, or in using her theme in an interesting and beautiful way.
    She referenced, and honored her culture, without being too "reverential" for a contemporary woman to appreciate her approach.
    Her clothes were a blend of retro and modern; traditional and trendy - constantly intriguing..

Stanley and Michelle are "manipulators" of fabric,
    Patricia is a creator/designer, IMO.
    I hope that she finds an opportunity to shine in the industry.

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    Loved Michelle's collection. The most cohesive, and the best variety.

Stanley's was surprisingly pedestrian. I thought it right that he was immediately out of the running.

Patricia had some nice moments, but just not enough.

But all three of them will be set for life after this. They are all so talented.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    I was hoping Michelle was all set to win when she won the L&T challenge. Stanley's stuff is too much like what they already have, and Patricia's customer, if she exists, doesn't shop at L&T.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast