Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    She is a dressmaker, she is NOT a fashion designer. She has absolutely zero taste.
    At least Cindy had construction skills; that's more than you could say for Benjamin; and some others.
    Her aesthetic/taste level wasn't "fashion forward" enough for PR.

vCash
    Oh but Benjamin's construction skills are his strongest point, don't you know? And that fabulous "roll around in the hay" dress of his had some fabulous construction going on but unfortunately you couldn't see it beneath all that crap his model was wrapped with. What a shame.

4 More Years
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
    It's a nice attempt, PR, but this season still probably won't be as bad as Amazing Race: Family Edition.
    you named the season that must not be named! go outside, turn around three times and spit. What the hell is the matter with you? West Wing nerddom

nothing can top that awfulness of that season.
    Last edited by skatemomaz; 02-12-2013 at 02:55 AM.

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    I actually agreed with the judges on 1st and last again. That doesn't happen too often. Although my bottom two would have included Patricia instead of Mossgirl.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I liked all of Dream Teams. Really pretty. I liked Layana's best. Samantha's skirt was cool, but there was an unfinished look about it.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Bette Midler was a cool judge!

I'm glad the lack of cohesion made Keeping It Real the losing team. The outfits had no cohesion, and the 'decades' argument (while a clever cover) didn't wash.

Great comeback for Samantha. She was totally lost, but ended up making an awesome outfit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I liked all of Dream Teams. Really pretty. I liked Layana's best. Samantha's skirt was cool, but there was an unfinished look about it.
    Agreed!
    Layana's dress: http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/proj...pisode-4#id=12 was worthy of Audrey Hepburn,

vCash
    This was the best Project Runway episode I can remember. The quality of the designs was just incredible.

And this season is the best ever by far, in general. The group dynamics make it so much more interesting.

Daniel did exactly the same shape as in week one, I'm surprised judges didn't pick up on that.

I am not happy about the result. Layana's dress was just impeccably crafted. But it's Tu who really got overlooked. He had the best design, in my opinion. The construction of the vest was out of this world and the dress flowed beautifully and it did look like it was made of feathers.

Really really bummed for Joe. He's super creative and I feel he's going because his view of fashion is very avant-garde and not very commercial. And it was him who actually saved Amanda's look! If not for him, she would have had the worst look by far. So it's really not fair, he's the one who is going. Another thing is why did she use the moss? She should have gone with her original idea, which would have worked much much better.

I would have sent Michelle or Richard home for that uninspired piece of trash. And omg, Michelle STFU PLEASE ALREADY.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 02-15-2013 at 11:01 PM.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    So I know ANOTHER person on Project Runway?? I know Matthew! This guy I only knew of but he worked at the same salon as my best friend and we would often see him out and they would always talk. I had no idea he even designed clothes. lol
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    He's so cute!

vCash
    I think the first 4 seasons of PR were the best. This season is shaping up to be better than I thought, as the team concept for an entire season appears to be working quite well.

When the Dream Team was asked to pick two people from Keepin’ it Real, I thought for sure Daniel would be one of the two, and maybe Kate since she’d won the previous challenge. It’s quite interesting that Benjamin of DT was so perceptive and smart about the dynamics of the other team. Benjamin was on the mark about Stanley being the brains and maybe the glue behind KIR’s triple home-run success. Indeed it was Stanley who got DT on track to win Challenge 4, with his ideas for a cohesive design theme.

Everyone did good work for the Hardware and Flower Store Challenge. Perhaps the weakest designs were by Amanda, Joseph, Richard & Michelle, and Patricia. I thought Patricia might be in the bottom two, and I think Richard & Michelle were lucky not to be. Part of the difference may be that the models for Patricia and for Richard & Michelle really carried off those designs well on the runway, while Amanda’s and Joseph’s models had sad looks on their faces, as if they’d rather be anywhere else. Plus I think the producers and judges respect Patricia’s design aesthetic. Unfortunately for Amanda, everyone on her team dumped on her, maybe because of her attitude and perhaps they felt she wasn’t open to listening and also because many of them had to help her get the design to work. The dynamics will be interesting going forward with Amanda and her teammates.

I think Samantha was lucky to win because she struggled with her design right up to the final day. It seems that the judges were overly enamored of how she trapped the leaves in the wire netting. Kate also saved her design in the end. I thought Benjamin’s look was decent, but his model’s styling was not. Also, he was a bit over-ambitious with setting up the loom in the time frame given, but they were all fortunate to have two days instead of the usual one day. I’m glad Cindy was gone and did not participate in this Challenge. It seems that cruisin essentially was right (in the earlier pre-season 11 discussion in the other PR thread) and I was wrong about PR often picking older designers not necessarily because they think they’re good designers.

I agree that Tu’s design is excellent. Stanley’s look was very strong, and the styling of his model was good too. This was a difficult challenge to choose a winner and a loser, but I think the judges were fairly accurate letting Joseph go, although his design wasn’t horrible. His model sure didn’t help him, and I think the judges really didn’t like the unstructured fit of his design. Taking another look on the PR website, I love the lightness and unique qualities of Layana’s design, and I’d pick her for the win, with Tu second, Stanley third, Samantha fourth, and Kate fifth.

Next week, judging from the preview clip, it appears that the producers are going back to giving the designers one day to accomplish something, with not so good results.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Both the fringy dresses were good - Amanda's was just a little too short, and Richard's had a little more sparkle.

I thought Benjamin's strapless clingy dress would look awful on Miranda. It would need a completely different construction to fit her properly.

Take a little fabric out of Stanley's skirt so it didn't poof from the waist, and it would be a great dress.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    The designers have no idea of how to flatter a "curvy" figure like Miranda's.

vCash
    I was thinking that it would have been better if the designers had curvy models to work with. Most of them didn't seem to get the concept of fuller-figured at all. Although I did think most of the dresses were pretty, just not designed for Miranda.
    "You just can't underestimate the power of positive underwear." 2013 Fruit of the Loom ad

vCash
    If they did we'd get more complaining about designing for "plus-sized" ladies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    If they did we'd get more complaining about designing for "plus-sized" ladies.
    I'm sure that Miranda's people made sure any of that was edited out. And I'm not sure that she knows how to flatter her figure, either. So the designers can't really be blamed.

vCash
    I thought it was funny how some of the designers tried to act all excited when it was announced who they were designing for. Clearly they (like me) had no idea who Miranda was.

I thought Daniel's dress was awful! I think he was spared because of his previous work.

4 More Years
    vCash
    Patricia's dress was hideous, surprised she was safe, but I guess her partner's dress was good enough to carry the team. I think Michelle or Daniel should have been aufed, both dresses were awful. Matthew's was totally wrong for the challenge, but at least it wasn't an over designed and dated mess. I thought Amanda's dress was the best of the top 4, it would have been more flattering on Miranda and the color was gorgeous.

vCash
    I also think Amanda should have won. Richard's dress was fun but a little too OTT and tacky.

I agree that Matthew's outfit didn't look cheap and messy like Michelle's or Daniel's but I think it was the right decision to let him go. He's been having confidence issues all along and sabotaged himself. Why should he be given yet another chance?

It's interesting that at the beginning Daniel looked like the frontrunner to win.

But in the last challenge he's made a dress which had a very similar shape to his first (winning) outfit and now he's made a cheap, style-less mess that he thought was amazing.

Yes the handiwork was great but that top did not look flattering, especially for a curvy woman. And I could not believe he seriously did that big apparent seam straight down the middle. It just looked baaaaaaad. And the fringe...
    Last edited by Ziggy; 02-23-2013 at 10:59 AM.

vCash
    I feel really pissed off. Amanda's dress was just a complete and utter disaster, which you could safely predict from the start given her attitude. I strongly feel that it's the producers that forced the decision to keep her in. She's opinionated, bitchy and provides great drama with her meltdowns. Benjamin's dress was badly fitted but it was nowhere near as much of a disaster as Amanda's.

I felt sorry for Tu. His design aesthetic is amazing but his idea was too ambitious and he ended up not having enough time to fit it properly. I love the chemistry between him and Kate. They really support each other. She showed how insecure she is when she said that her team didn't respect her but he does.

Good work from Daniel. Solid construction and some creative ideas. A big comeback.

I am glad Stanley won. Great design, very well made. Yes, there were some finishing issues but they had just one day so give him a break. Based on what they have made so far, I think he's the best designer this season. He has a sophisticated style and his garments are always impeccably constructed.

Definitely best season ever, the bitchiness is just .

I especially 'love' all of Michelle's bitchy put downs given everything she's created has been a piece of crap.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 03-02-2013 at 06:41 AM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast