Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

vCash

Group Projects are Sew-Sew: Project Runway Teams

Catching up on PR: Teams. I don't know if I'm going to like it, but I applaud giving Michael "Disco Ball" Cors the heave-ho in favor of Zach Posen, who has not said anything interesting but nothing entertainingly dumb either.

Agreed with the loser. The guy with the fake blonde hair probably kills people in new and creative ways, while always looking classic but with an edge.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    I find Cindy to be a total whiner. Shut up and sew, lady.

in my underground bunker plotting your downfall
    vCash
    I haven't liked much of anything the Nightmare Team has done so far. I wonder if their members will continue to be eliminated each week until they're down to one person.
    When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed."
    Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

vCash
    I watched this tonight and have already forgotten most of it. The losing outfit really did deserve the auf. I hope that Whorosov does not watch the show and decide to put Elena in something like it.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    This was definitely one of their more blah challenges, obviously done only so they could get Susan Sarandon on the show. I do feel sorry for the couple of good designers on Team Nightmare and hope they have team shake-ups after a while.

vCash
    The problem with the team concept is that having less members isn't a bad bad, and having more members isn't a good thing. I'm thinking now that Keeping It Real has two more members, perhaps they will have to pick one to send to the other team? Likely the annoying, talkative one?

vCash
    I'd send someone home just for calling the team "Keeping it Real".

Not sure if I like anyone on this show yet, but I'll keep watching. Blond guy annoys me. I'm starting to love Mustache Man. And the female designer who wore that bright woven pot holder dress - I want it!!!

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Not sure about Zac Posen yet, but I am glad it's not Isaac Mizrahi.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    My observations:
    I find it quite odd that there are investors who are willing to fund a business based on table tennis + booze.
    I find it odd that the creator of the slogan "ball are our business" is offended when the slogan gets twisted.
    I find it odd that Susan Sarandon subscribes to the Hooters school of hiring.
    In summary, I found the whole episode odd.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    I'm starting to love Mustache Man.
    Ditto, though that silly looking mustache kills me!

vCash
    I'm still waiting for the talented designers to come to the forefront, instead of waiting for the "weak links" to be auffed.
    Not sure I like the "team" concept for PR.

vCash
    This is AMAZING.

Why didn't they think of it before? Everybody hates team challenges so we get drama and bitching from the get go!

And observing the relationships is really interesting.

I thought that Keeping It Real would kill each other with all those egos but good communication and reaching out to others has led them to success.

On the other hand, Nightmare Team is just a bunch of really disturbed, insecure wrecks with poor social skills.

Emily just crashed from the get go and didn't do anything.

James - serious issues. Shutting in, not communicating, not listening.

Benjamin tries too much "to help" when in fact he just wants to control and he's not helping, he pissing everybody off.

Cindy - what is she even doing there? Zero taste, zero fashion sense, very defensive.

They don't support each other enough and to me Benjamin is the worst. He might be experienced and he might think he's helping but he's just trying to take charge of everything and guess what, he couldn't even make a simple pair of shorts (they were so badly fitted!) as a result. They should have booted him.

My favourite Project Runway season so far.

Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    I'm still waiting for the talented designers to come to the forefront, instead of waiting for the "weak links" to be auffed.
    But they have! Daniel's pieces are impeccably structured and tailored. And you see some strong craftsmanship and some good ideas from some other designers as well.

vCash
    On another note, I've been really disappointed with the producers', I mean the judges' , decisions so far.

In the first episode, Emily did fall apart and not finish her clearly too ambitious piece but she had a great concept and certainly didn't lack artistic vision.

Cindy has zero creativity and vision and should be sent packing straight away.

I would have also given the victory to Patricia since her piece was the most interesting. Daniel's craftsmanship was incredible but looked like a million other high fashion French designs. That decision I could live with though.

In the second episode, Cindy showed zero creativity again and they let her stay again?

And the winning piece? It looked like a stereotypical French maid uniform. I thought that both the ball boy and the male server uniform from the winning team were much better. I would have given the first place to the ball boy, personally.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I thought that both the ball boy and the male server uniform from the winning team were much better. I would have given the first place to the ball boy, personally.
    I agree that either one deserved the win. I liked the all-black uniform better, and the guy looked smokin hot wearing it.

Tonight, I know Cindy was yet again in the bottom, but Benjamin's outfit was AWFUL!! It was SOOO bad.

vCash
    They need to shake up the teams. The Nightmare Team has so many losers and dead weight, it's just not fair. Benjamin and his ever-changing vaguely Brittish accent needs TO GO. He's not a good manager, and he's a worse designer.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Took a look at the finale collections. To my eyes, there were only two good ones. Not promising!
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Benjamin and his ever-changing vaguely British accent needs TO GO. He's not a good manager, and he's a worse designer.
    He acts as though he's "God's gift" to PR; and he's not done anything that would justify that opinion, thus far.
    What is his "real world" background?
    Could he have "exaggerated" his credentials?

vCash
    It's a nice attempt, PR, but this season still probably won't be as bad as Amazing Race: Family Edition.

vCash
    I wanted to send Cindy home the first week as well so I'm not sad to see her go. I only wish she could have packed Benjamin up and taken him with her. That dress was awful...

I like members of both teams, but lots of folks on Keepin' it Real annoy me. When I saw Patricia's look I thought for sure it would be a flop. What were those gold things on the skirt? And the top vest looking thing looked too casual and wrinkled somehow. I don't get the appeal.

Did they mention how they chose the winner considering that the winning look was designed by 2 people?

vCash
    I'm angry at the result again. Cindy should have gone home week one. I don't understand why they have kept her in for so long.

She is a dressmaker, she is NOT a fashion designer. She has absolutely zero taste.

Benjamin should have gone home. Once again, he totally failed at time management and he produced something that you couldn't even call a dress. The model was just wrapped around in fabric with her boobs hanging out. Jesus Christ.

Patricia got totally shafted. I cannot believe that they haven't chosen her look for Heidi to wear in the press event. Daniel's dress was well-crafted but boring as hell. Patricia's dress was original, unique and had the wow factor. But they went with something safe.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast