Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    If he doesn't listen to medical advice this time, I have a very bad feeling we'll be seeing Evgeni in a wheelchair in about ten years time just due to what he's done to his body. I *really* hope I'm dead wrong about that, as he has little ones who need their Dad to be able to play w/them and run w/them, but I just have a really bad feeling about this.
    Plushenko has steely determination and no one should be surprised if he continues to compete in Sochi. Wishing him speedy recovery.
    And I do agree with AragornE that he has a young family and one would hope he is fit enough in the next decade to skate, play ball and run with his kids.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Plushenko has steely determination and no one should be surprised if he continues to compete in Sochi. Wishing him speedy recovery.
    And I do agree with AragornE that he has a young family and one would hope he is fit enough in the next decade to skate, play ball and run with his kids.
    My thoughts exactly. I am very afraid that he will try to compete in Sochi and put his body through only God knows what!!

As much as I love to watch him skate, I really wish he'd retire from competitive skating. His children do not need him to win another medal (of any color). What they DO need is for their Dad to be healthy and able to be there for them in every way possible as they grow up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Lee View Post
    From the International Figure Skating facebook post this morning: "ESPN reported this morning that Evgeny Plushenko is having back surgery in Israel today to replace a deteriorated disk in his spine with a plastic one. He will not compete at Worlds."
    "Evgeni Plushenko, figure skater...."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post

)))))))))))))

vCash
    If Plushenko decides to train for Sochi Olympics in spite of his health issues, is his choice. He and his family are the ones who have to live with possible consequences.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    If Plushenko decides to train for Sochi Olympics in spite of his health issues, is his choice. He and his family are the ones who have to live with possible consequences.
    We can call him crazy though. I mean pointing the finger at Suguri got boring now so hey, here's a new target finally.

vCash
    The hospital room is probably decorated that way to encourage short stays!!!!!!

vCash
    I really think its time for Plushenko to call it quits. The man has 3 Olympic medals, multiple world titles/medals....Surely he wants to be able to skate with his kids...I know he's mentioned wanting to coach, I think he'll need his health to teach students awesome jumps... I'm not sure what Plushenko even feels he has to prove? I think in general though athletes are use to abusing their bodies...I can see why Plush wants to relive his glory days.
    Last edited by bek; 02-03-2013 at 08:29 PM.

vCash
    Evgeni Plushenko is back on the ice no matter what

According to this article, before the surgery, every morning Plushy had to sink into hot water 20 minutes, and then somehow he could start to walk or sit in a hot shower. He had to have regular massages before each training sessions. He was totally tired with that.
    In December, his foot was already paralyzed but won 10th national title with strong painkillers. However, in Zagreb, the medications didn't help him anymore. When he attempted a triple axel, he ordered himself "Just turn", but couldn't land because he didn't feel his feet. In addition, sharp pain ran through the right side of the body - spine, lower back, leg, knee, sole.
    Doctor saw that not only his disc, but also spinal joints and ligaments connecting the vertebrae were a mess. The entire mechanism was very badly damaged.
    Despite such a difficult situation, the operation went well. Plushy will return on the ice. However, to start training in March, as his coach Alexei Mishin hoped, can not. He will be back at the end of April.
    Plushy told his wife, who is taking care of husband at the hospital, that before he worked eight hours per day, but now, after the surgery, he can work twelve hours. And, thus, in doing so, he believes, he can stand on the podium in Sochi.
    He will never give up his struggle. I just hope he can compete in Sochi and finish his long glorious career as he wishes.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    And people call Fumie crazy.

vCash
    I cannot understand the people. Suguri just does what she wants.

And many people here forgot what Plushenko has done last year in Sheffield. It was just amazing. He can do it again if he is healthy :-)

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    They can do whatever they want. I'm just pointing out how Fumie has been insulted and derided while Plushenko is doing the same thing but receiving none of the vitriol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    They can do whatever they want. I'm just pointing out how Fumie has been insulted and derided while Plushenko is doing the same thing but receiving none of the vitriol.
    Well, Plushenko still had more success than Fumie Suguri. He even won Nationals while she didn't make it out of sectionals. Whether he can really come back and if so how strong he will be only time will tell. As others said, it is his choice (and also Fumie's choice). They are adults. For many athletes it is hard to find the right time to end their career, because they don't know what will come afterwards, they are missing new goals. This doesn't seem to be the case for Evgeni, though, as he repeadetly talked about his plans to open a figure skating school. I wish him a speedy recovery and the best for the future whatever he chooses to do.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    Try the "Plushy withdraws" thread in the Euros forum.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    The dancer Edward Villella described in his memoir how in the last years of his career, he had to crawl out of bed to the bathroom, because he couldn't walk, and how he had to have very long massages every day before he could stand and walk.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacier cat View Post
    I cannot understand the people. Suguri just does what she wants.

And many people here forgot what Plushenko has done last year in Sheffield. It was just amazing. He can do it again if he is healthy :-)
    He's not healthy though. And he won't be. His body won't just miraculously heal itself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    BRING ON THE FEMBOTS!!
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    The director of the clinic gave a radio interview about his situation the last couple of years, the procedure they took to decide surgery and this operation results in athletes, although Plush is probably the first of figure skaters..

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    The director of the clinic gave a radio interview about his situation the last couple of years, the procedure they took to decide surgery and this operation results in athletes, although Plush is probably the first of figure skaters..
    Some of those comments after the article are
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    Some of those comments after the article are
    Plush and Yana are too famous, too succesful, and too rich persons.. They are too much in the headlines..

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast