Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    Hey, I actually think the decor is kind of awesome!
    Bless your heart
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    I suspect that the decor is the sort of thing many of the patients (customers) would like.
    Bless their hearts

I've never been to Russia, but some pics I've seen of the interior decor there reminds me of that (very OTT feminine wall patterns accented by heavy textiles).

vCash
    Israel gets a fair amount of medical tourism, and I suspect that the decor is the sort of thing many of the patients (customers) would like.
    It looks cheap and hideous. If I spent big bucks on getting private treatment, I'd expect much better.

I wouldn't have any confidence in a place that didn't look professional.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    It looks cheap and hideous. If I spent big bucks on getting private treatment, I'd expect much better.

I don't think you're representative of the potential market, though

I agree about the hideous, but I don't know about the cheap. It certainly looks better than any hospital ward I've been to in Israel, except maybe maternity at some medical centers (there's financial incentive for them to make everything nice for expectant and new parents).

vCash
    I don't think you're representative of the potential market, though
    Russian millionaires? I guess that decor would be right up their street.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Russian millionaires? I guess that decor would be right up their street.
    Bingo! Is there a mini-giraffe available as a therapy pet?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I am sure it could be arranged.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by agalisgv View Post
    Bless your heart
    I am easily amused/entertained.

vCash
    I want this pet too, how can I apply if I m not a russian millonaire?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    I am easily amused/entertained.

Here's a pic of the rooms they advertise:

http://www.mcra.co.il/ViewImage.asp?.../83menuha2.jpg

It does have a Russian flavor, no?

I don't know what the public hospitals in Israel look like, but here's a pic of the standard rooms at the public hospital in OK.
    http://www.pspaec.com/images/stories...600x400/05.jpg

The bedspread pictured isn't standard (thankfully). The patient must have brought it in. (I believe all patient rooms are private).

Here's a pic of the outside of the public hospital:
    http://www.architectmagazine.com/Ima...m20-605067.jpg

Brezina's Nemesis
    Collecting papers to obtain status of a Goddess for Asli
    vCash

Here's a pic of the rooms they advertise:

http://www.mcra.co.il/ViewImage.asp?.../83menuha2.jpg
    OMG, this IS hideous!

But then again, seeing Pluschenko's programs, I'm not a bit surprised he might have liked it.
    In Soviet Russia, the skaters lobbychick YOU.

vCash
    I don't know what the public hospitals in Israel look like, but here's a pic of the standard rooms at the public hospital in OK.
    http://www.pspaec.com/images/stories...600x400/05.jpg

The bedspread pictured isn't standard (thankfully). The patient must have brought it in. (I believe all patient rooms are private).
    That is HUGE! All rooms are private? Must be nice- when I was in the hospital only ICU rooms were private, then the smallest you could get was a double.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I think if I were well enough after surgery and treatment to snark about the decor, I'd be happy, because it must mean I don't need painkillers anymore.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    From Russian TV news

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXGH7...ature=youtu.be

TV girl: The famous Russian figure skater Evgeni Plushenko who had to withdraw from the European Championship in Zagreb, was operated in the clinic in Israel.
    Our correspondent could meet him a few hours after the surgery. Evgeni said that before and during EC he was in pain, didn' feel his legs and couldn't properly train.

Plu: Now I am feeling like after the operation. Of course I feel some pain but in general I feel good. My attempt to skate at Euro was a risk.
    But I have always been a risky athlete who is going to his goal no matter how much it takes.

TV girl: Now Plu and his team are thinking about Sochi, if he can compete there at the proper level.

Doctor: I think with what spine I saw it's difficult to live, not to skate only. I think he is a person of a real will if he could skate with such pain.
    He had a severe distruction of his disk, but not the disk only. His intervertebral joints, connecting cords were all in awful conditions.

TV girl: Usually people after such an operation can barely leave the bed. But Evgeni started walking.

Plu (smiling happily): You see, they operated me yesterday, but today I can walk a little.
    TV girl: The detailed report from Israel' clinic see tomorrow in our News progs.
    I don't have any medical knowledge. Is it ok to walk and sit in the bed on the day after surgery?

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    In many instances they do want a patient to walk and sit up as soon as they are able after surgeries, Glacier cat. It is important to get the blood flowing through the lower extremities and also for gastrointestinal and urinary functions as well.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacier cat View Post
    From Russian TV news

I don't have any medical knowledge. Is it ok to walk and sit in the bed on the day after surgery?
    I can second peibeck's post. My father had back surgery when he was 72 and the doctors had him up and walking the next day.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash

I agree in the sense that those curtains are not suitable in a hospital environment which has to be bare to be kept as germ-free as possible. The tiles are very middle eastern in appearance, like what you see in Turkey, Rather I was taken aback in the video by the fact of the surgeon having an interview and showing xrays etc in what appeared to be an operating room! Aren't they supposed to be sterile? And yet there were numerous people and a cameraman in the room! Rather strange.
    Plushenko is my favorite skater and I dearly hope that he recovers 100%. His determination overcoming what must have been great pain is awesome. For selfish reasons I would love to see him skate next season but if it means compromising his physical integrity then I'll resign myself and start looking for another charismatic substitute. But so far, nobody inspires me as a replacement!
    Last edited by ItalianFan; 02-02-2013 at 04:06 PM.

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    I came home to my parents today due to my flu and they told me they've seen an interview with Plush on Russian tv and that even his doctors said they cannot imagine how he could even WALK with these injuries.
    So anyway...if he even manages to step on the ice in Sochi he's my hero.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    I came home to my parents today due to my flu and they told me they've seen an interview with Plush on Russian tv and that even his doctors said they cannot imagine how he could even WALK with these injuries.
    Which pretty much proves practising quads every day is not really something he should be doing...

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    So anyway...if he even manages to step on the ice in Sochi he's my hero.
    I too will give him respect, but with the caveat that he is crazy and shouldn't necessarily be a role model.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Yana's obviously landed in Israel and is by her husband's side.

She's tweeting pictures.

Plushy sends greetings while looking rather bored

This is an xray or scan of his back - pretty scary....

GET BACK IN THAT BED!
    The X Ray of his back....Le YIPE!!! And I thought any X Ray of my left foot was scary due to all the hardware in it.

Quote Originally Posted by jiggs View Post
    I really hope he will take his time to recover, but I guess this is unlikely. I am at the thought of what he does to his body ...
    So am I and sadly, I have a bad feeling about Evgeny and his future off the ice. As the doctor said, the shape his back is still in, how on earth was he able to walk. However any thoughts of him being in Sochi should be only as a Games Ambassador and *only* that. After reading what the Doctor said about the shape of his back, his skating days sound like they should be over period, so he can at least have the best quality of life off ice.

However, it sounds like AFAHC this is only a little bump in the road to Sochi.

If he doesn't listen to medical advice this time, I have a very bad feeling we'll be seeing Evgeni in a wheelchair in about ten years time just due to what he's done to his body. I *really* hope I'm dead wrong about that, as he has little ones who need their Dad to be able to play w/them and run w/them, but I just have a really bad feeling about this.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast