Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    How many of you would like to be photographed in a hospital bed and the picture be made public for anyone to see?
    Didn't his wife share the pictures? I don't really see that as an invasion of privacy- heck, the one in the hospital bed it looks like he is posing.

Now if a tabloid snuck in there, I would think it was completely inappropriate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    How many of you would like to be photographed in a hospital bed and the picture be made public for anyone to see?
    I can think of 2: Pluschenko (thanks to Rudkovskaya) and Anisina (thanks to Dzhigurda).

vCash
    On a more important interior design note, do Israeli hospitals really tile their rooms like that and have heavy curtain tassles?

I found that more unfortunate than the x-rays

vCash
    I've never been to a hospital, but a heavy curtain sounds right when there is +40 outside and an airconditioner inside.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Yes, I think the decor would have an adverse effect on my recovery. Is that tassle really a call button? Or have I been watching too much Downton Abbey?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by agalisgv View Post
    On a more important interior design note, do Israeli hospitals really tile their rooms like that and have heavy curtain tassles?
    It's very obviously a private clinic. If it were a public hospital, he'd be hanging out in a hallway.

vCash
    Good Luck to Zhenya. I'm an old woman who wasn't a figure skater or an elite athlete of any sort but I have managed to develop arthritis & joint degeneration. Fortunately, I don't need any replacement parts yet but he needs to take good care of his body from here on out & I wish him well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Yes, I think the decor would have an adverse effect on my recovery.
    That was my reaction

Apparently feng shui hasn't made it to the private Israeli clinics yet. Sorrows....

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Kitsch should be eradicated from hospitals like mutant staph A.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    A real spinal disc is squishy and soft. Their purpose is to act as a shock absorber between adjacent vertebrae. They aren't made of bone. All of ours will deteriorate over time. Some people's just do it earlier due to their physical activity. It's not necessarily common for a 30 yo to have this, but it's not rare among athletes including golfers.
    For some reason I thought they were made of cartilage and thus would feel more like a nose than a boob. I know they aren't made of bone.

Yes, I think the decor would have an adverse effect on my recovery. Is that tassle really a call button? Or have I been watching too much Downton Abbey?
    Hey, I actually think the decor is kind of awesome! At least it isn't boring and sterile!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Intervertebral disc:
    Discs consist of an outer annulus fibrosus, which surrounds the inner nucleus pulposus. The annulus fibrosus consists of several layers of fibrocartilage. The strong annular fibers contain the nucleus pulposus and distribute pressure evenly across the disc. The nucleus pulposus contains loose fibers suspended in a mucoprotein gel with the consistency of jelly. The nucleus of the disc acts as a shock absorber, absorbing the impact of the body's daily activities and keeping the two vertebrae separated. The disc can be likened to a jelly doughnut: whereby the annulus fibrosis is similar to the dough and the nucleus pulposis is the jelly. If one presses down on the front of the doughnut the jelly moves posteriorly or to the back. When one develops a prolapsed disc the jelly/nucleus pulposus is forced out of the doughnut/disc and may put pressure on the nerve located near the disc. This can give one the symptoms of sciatica.
    From Wiki.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    I can think of 2: Pluschenko (thanks to Rudkovskaya) and Anisina (thanks to Dzhigurda).
    Hello! You need to know why she published

http://cursorinfo.co.il/news/sport/2...tsya-vimislom/
    This is a stupid article.

Plushenko’s Wife Blasts ‘Fake Injury’ Claims

MOSCOW, February 1 (R-Sport) - Former Olympic figure skating champion Evgeni Plushenko’s wife slammed claims Friday that her husband faked an injury to hide a poor performance at last month’s European championships.

Plushenko withdrew from the European championships in Zagreb because of injury after finishing sixth in the short program, and his coach Alexei Mishin said Thursday that the skater had successfully undergone an operation on his back at a clinic in Israel.

An unsourced report in the Israeli media Friday claimed Plushenko was not being operated on and insisted Mishin was lying to cover up failure in Zagreb.

Plushenko’s wife Yana Rudkovskaya called the report “shameful”, adding “it’s awful that these sorts of journalists still walk the earth,” in comments on Twitter.

She posted two photographs of Plushenko in a hospital and one of an X-ray apparently showing four metal objects had been inserted into the skater’s spine.

“Zhenya [Plushenko] is still wearing a catheter. But’s he’s already walking,” Rudkovskaya said.

This is the reason why she published.. They are too big stars, the yellow press often publish such a stupid things.

The russian TV news http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXGH7...ature=youtu.be Plush's interview from the hospital

The hospital:
    The Ramat Aviv Medical Center
    http://www.mcra.co.il/?CategoryID=461

Specialized Clinics - Orthopedics:
    http://www.mcra.co.il/?CategoryID=477&A ... AuthToken=

Operating Theatres:
    http://www.mcra.co.il/?CategoryID=480
    Last edited by lala; 02-01-2013 at 08:30 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    Hey, I actually think the decor is kind of awesome! At least it isn't boring and sterile!
    It does give me a feeling of going-to-Grandma's nostalgia, I must admit.

Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery to Plushenko.

vCash
    second that.
    i thought he was out of his mind - crazy in a brave sort of way - to attempt this comeback with the focus on quads and 3 axels.

i suffered a back/neck injury in a car accident last summer and i'm still doing rehab/PT and i'm nowhere near where i was at before.
    i am in awe of Plushenko for skating and competing at such a high level, despite his injuries. i hope he makes a sensible and strong comeback.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Intervertebral disc:

From Wiki.
    They are definitely more complicated than I expected!

Quote Originally Posted by falling_dance View Post
    It does give me a feeling of going-to-Grandma's nostalgia, I must admit.

Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery to Plushenko.
    Hah, maybe because I'm not Caucasian, I don't have the same reaction? My grandma's place was decidedly different from that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    I've never been to a hospital, but a heavy curtain sounds right when there is +40 outside and an airconditioner inside.
    Actually the "heavy curtain" makes my skin crawl. There's a reason we don't use a lot of fabris in hospital decor. Too hard to keep clean!

vCash
    nm

vCash
    They have the exact same patient gowns as we do! Get well Plushenko.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    I don't know who is more delusional, Plush or Suguri.: Know this won't be popular
    Yeah...

When you're injured, depending on the severity of injury, you'd need something like let's say a year or two years of no strenuous exercise to let your body heal. Obviously, competitive athletes can never afford that. So they do the bare minimum of rest and then return to practice. So the injuries keep piling up and piling up and they're pretty much in constant pain.

Yeah sport is healthy but not at this level.

I think Plushenko has now got to a point where the combination of multiple serious injuries and his age mean he'd be doing very serious damage to his body if he continued.

He's already the most accomplished skater in history (yeah Dick Button had more medals but that was back when figure skating wasn't a "serious sport" and anyone right in their mind recognises Plushenko as number 1 in that regard). He should bow out now instead of entering a few more events only to withdraw after the SP again.

vCash
    Israel gets a fair amount of medical tourism, and I suspect that the decor is the sort of thing many of the patients (customers) would like.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast