Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Wow... Eric looks so much taller than Dylan!
    According to their bios the difference is four inches so I think this picture has Dylan slightly back of Eric which exaggerates the difference.

vCash
    Those two guys have paid their dues twice over and deserve to enjoy every moment of their success.

vCash
    Assignments for Junior Worlds are posted.

Entries are Julianne Seguin/Charlie Bilodeau, Mary Orr/Phelan Simpson, and Tara Hancherow/Wesley Killing. The assignments aren't surprising, of course, since they are the only three teams that had met the ISU minimum scores for Junior Worlds.

vCash
    Congratulations to Mary Orr/Phelan Simpson and Tara Hancherow/Wes Killing on their performances at Junior Worlds. They finished 6th and 7th respectively, which means that Canada can send three teams to Junior Worlds next season. In terms of JGP assignments next year, Canada is fourth in line after China, Russia and the USA, which means that there will be three assignments for the five pair event (different than singles, where fourth gets only one assignment/event). That's certainly more than enough, given the number of age-eligible Canadian pairs skaters there are at the junior level currently.

Orr/Simpson short program.

Orr/Simpson long program

Hancherow/Killing short program

Hancherow/Killing long program.

Orr/Simpson should be age-eligible next season (his birthday is January 24, 1996 and her birthday is September 17, 1996), but I think Hancherow/Killing age out, because of his birthdate of January 11, 1993.

It will be interesting to see who does get sent out on the JGP next season. There's a really gpod opportunity for newly-formed teams, because there are very few age-eligible teams left.
    Last edited by geoskate; 03-16-2014 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Grammar

vCash
    Congrats to the Junior Pairs Team. A good start to seniors. Go go go.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Duhamel/Radford's pre-Worlds media teleconference highlights as tweeted by @LynnRutherford:
    Have moved 3S/2T to 1st half of FS, added 2T to make it 3S/2T/2T: "The whole program breathes easier" Duhamel said.

About free skate, Duhamel said, "If we nail it the way we do in practice, we're confident we will be on podium."

After worlds they do Manley show; Montreal club show; SOI. Week off & train 4 next season. '18 Oly is possible.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    There are some Canadian Skaters on the entry list to Gardena Spring Trophy

http://www.valgardena.it/gardenaspri...ntries2014.pdf

ADVANCED NOVICE GIRLS
    Sarah TAMURA (N1)
    Megan YIM (N3)

ADVANCED NOVICE BOYS
    Eric LIU (J3)

JUNIOR LADIES
    Kelsey WONG (J12)

vCash
    ^^^ This is the PAIRS news thread. Thanks for the heads up, sandra_persch! I've cross-posted the news in the Canadian men/women discussion & ladies uber threads in the Trash Can and started a competition thread in Kiss and Cry (March 28-30): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...rch-28-30-2014
    Last edited by Sylvia; 03-17-2014 at 07:20 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I'm glad Duhamel & Radford moved the sbs triple sal combo as it hasn't worked all season later in the program.

And that's interesting that they are keeping '18 olympics as a possibility.

vCash
    Any news on Purich/Tran?
    pug lover

vCash
    Beverley Smith on Duhamel/Radford ahead of Worlds in Japan: http://bevsmithwrites.wordpress.com/...ip-redemption/

ETA:
    Both Wesley Killing (he's 21 now) and Tara Hancherow (she turned 18 this past October) are listed on icepartnersearch as of today. Their ISU bio: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00034496.htm
    Last edited by Sylvia; 03-22-2014 at 05:06 PM.

vCash
    Both Wesley Killing (he's 21 now) and Tara Hancherow (she turned 18 this past October) are listed on icepartnersearch as of today.
    Thanks for the news. I find it rather surprising, since they seemed to be doing quite well.

That's one less team for the senior ranks in Canada next season, and those ranks were already thin. I hope they both continue on with other partners, because IMO they both are talented.

vCash
    amelie lacoste had pictures of her self doing pairs lifts on her FB page- anyone know anything? or was it just for kicks?

vCash
    ^^^ I think she was just having fun with Matt Blackmer? (he's a U.S. pair skater in Colorado Springs who is looking for a partner) Note: I haven't seen her FB photos but I did see an Instagram video of hers recently.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 03-22-2014 at 08:13 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Beverley Smith on Duhamel/Radford ahead of Worlds in Japan: http://bevsmithwrites.wordpress.com/...ip-redemption/

ETA:
    Both Wesley Killing (he's 21 now) and Tara Hancherow (she turned 18 this past October) are listed on icepartnersearch as of today. Their ISU bio: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00034496.htm
    Hancherow and Killing, really? I thought they were good for their first season together at Jr. Worlds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriajh View Post
    amelie lacoste had pictures of her self doing pairs lifts on her FB page- anyone know anything? or was it just for kicks?
    would be a little bit too late imo, but would be fun to see

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    would be a little bit too late imo, but would be fun to see
    I've actually been thinking she might make a good pair girl. She's got jumps and having dated Tran I wouldn't be surprised if she's done a few pair elements along the way. I was sort of wondering too from her posts whether maybe she was looking in that direction.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yfbg722 View Post
    I've actually been thinking she might make a good pair girl. She's got jumps and having dated Tran I wouldn't be surprised if she's done a few pair elements along the way. I was sort of wondering too from her posts whether maybe she was looking in that direction.
    I wouldn't mind seeing Amelie skates pairs. She has good skating skills.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Didn't Lacoste try pairs a while back? Near the beginning of her career in seniors, around the time she missed a season. I vaguely remember something about France, and that she decided it wasn't for her. Or am I confusing her with someone else?

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by emilieh View Post
    Didn't Lacoste try pairs a while back? Near the beginning of her career in seniors, around the time she missed a season. I vaguely remember something about France, and that she decided it wasn't for her. Or am I confusing her with someone else?
    I believe she tried skating with Yannick Bonheur around that time (2007 was the season she missed, or at least she didn't compete at the Canadian Championships).

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast