Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    They seem to be ticking off all the boxes with this SP. Next, I'd like to see them work at relaxing their neck and shoulder areas. They tend to be a bit tense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    TSL's 30-minute interview with Duhamel/Radford: http://www.theskatinglesson.com/tsls...-eric-radford/
    Thanks for posting - another great interview from TSL! I love how focused these two are on trying to improve their weaknesses and the discussion about Julie Marcotte choreographing to try to work around their height differential and lines not matching.

Finally got around to watching some of the Quebec Summer Skate videos and lots to get excited about here. I think that D/R's short is fantastic and love that the piece was originally a dedication to Paul Wirtz. I do agree that their lack of matching does show up in this program and they seemed a little off sync in places, but that is nitpicking for August.

Even though there is still a lot of work to do, I saw plenty of potential in Purich & Tran. I think she's come a long way in her basic skating since Canadians and hopefully the elements will come in time. I wasn't a huge fan of the program itself, so I'm hoping the free is a little more suited to the spark and energy she brings to the program.

Love Seguin & Bilodeau and can't wait to see their development this season. Very excited about this team.
    Last edited by Erin; 08-14-2013 at 12:47 AM.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I loved the music Eric composed for their SP - what a multi-talented person he is.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Was it for their Short? or Free?

vCash
    If I recall correctly, they said their Long program was from "Alice in Wonderland", and was something different for them.

vCash
    Double post, deleted

vCash
    I love Meagan and Eric's SP. just two minor area for improvement:
    1. Eric's hair, it makes him look taller and his head longer, both not to their advantage. The long hair was much better, the curls in the interview was so cute, handsome!

2. The death spiral entry is very nicely designed, love it! but I'm afraid Meagan hasn't done its full justice yet. The extended leg should be closer to the blended skating leg, ideally touching it, and the shooting the duck/pipe position should be tighter, chest to leg. if she can do these two it would be really to die for.

vCash
    Local article on Mary Orr, 17 next month, who is making her JGP debut in Latvia next week with her new partner, Phelan Simpson: http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/201...rtner-new-goal
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Does anybody know what music Bobak/penasse skated to at Detroit for their long? I think I remember really liking the music

vCash
    Matthew Penasse is on Ice Partner search this morning!

vCash
    Just thought I'd post this pic Gaby Daleman posted:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johndockley92 View Post
    Does anybody know what music Bobak/penasse skated to at Detroit for their long? I think I remember really liking the music
    It was the music from Somewhere in Time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cant Skate View Post
    Matthew Penasse is on Ice Partner search this morning!
    Dare I hope that this means that Bobak/Beharry might be back together?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aemeraldrainc View Post
    Just thought I'd post this pic Gaby Daleman posted:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    Anyone know who the other dark haired girl is? She looks familiar but I can't place her.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenifer View Post
    Dare I hope that this means that Bobak/Beharry might be back together?
    I believe Beharry has quit.

And also doubt Katie has any desire to return to the Wirtzes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blademate View Post

And also doubt Katie has any desire to return to the Wirtzes
    Both true. Katie has decided once again to leave skating. Matthew Penasse is a great guy/partner. Hoping he's able to find a fantastic partner and still compete this season. I feel very badly for him that she didn't see the season through.

vCash

Canadian Pairs 2013/2014 - News and updates

Quote Originally Posted by mag View Post
    Anyone know who the other dark haired girl is? She looks familiar but I can't place her.
    Is she Najarro???
    Last edited by rvi5; 08-30-2013 at 01:53 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blademate View Post
    Please say it isn't so!!

vCash
    According to the registrations for the Georges-Ethier competition in Quebec, the junior team of Ami Koga/Francis Boudreau-Audet are skating for Japan.

vCash
    (Are we allowed to talk about JGP results outside of the kiss and cry? I hope so, but I'm not clear on the rules for this board).

I thought Dylan Conway/Dustin Sherriff-Clayton had a very respectable debut on the JGP circuit this weekend. Their free skate was better than their short program IMO, and is on Youtube. (Their short program is also on Youtube). I could see them easily hitting 85 points by the end of the season, perhaps even 90 points if the throws and jumps become clean. Personally I think they did well enough to justify a second assignment.

Bryce Davison is no longer listed as one of their coaches; does anyone have any news on whether he is still coaching?

On the other hand, IMO the short program for the new team of Mary Orr/Pehlan Simpson was stronger than their long program. It is posted here. (Their long program is also on Youtube).

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast