Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

vCash
    Who is Ami Koga?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cant Skate View Post
    Who is Ami Koga?
    I think she's a Japanese skater.

vCash
    I was bored and had some time on my hands so I've compiled a list of Canadian pairs teams for this season. I used the online registration lists from Thornhill and Quebec, the results from last year's nationals (kept teams from this list on mine unless there's been info of a split) as well as information from this thread. Feel free to correct me and I'll revise and repost.

Senior:

Duhamel/Radford
    Moore-Towers/Moscovitch
    Lawrence/Sweigers
    Purdy/Marinaro
    Jones/Beharry
    Rau/Schultz
    Bobak/Penasse
    Brown/Furiano
    Purich/Tran

Junior:
    Orr/Simpson
    Conway/Sherriff-Clayton
    Young/Young
    Killing/Hancherow
    Dobson/Sheldrick
    Fields/Arcieri
    Seguin/Bilodeau
    Koga/Boudreau-Audet
    Grenier/Deschamps
    Mercer/Morais
    Anderson/Michaud
    LeClaire/Mostert
    Digness/Thiessen

Novice:
    Wong/Su
    LaTulippe/Leak
    Boudreau/Savard
    Glenn/Stock
    Eby/Varley
    Thomas/Kugler
    LeMay/Wong
    Bourassa/Paradis
    Brasseur/Lapointe
    Matte/Ferland
    Gingrich/Portz
    Hoffman/Chudak

I was pleasantly surprised at the number of teams we have!
    Last edited by yfbg722; 07-03-2013 at 04:35 AM. Reason: add new teams, delete split team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yfbg722 View Post
    I was pleasantly surprised at the number of teams we have!

I think some of the younger skaters have had to notice the success that Duhamel & Radford and Moore-Towers & Moscovitch have had recently on the international stage and become more interested in giving pairs a try. Nice to see the junior/senior team numbers increase after the last few seasons when there were so few.

vCash
    A couple changes...the team of McGrath and Power are done, he has retired from skating. Also out of Calgary, two new Novice teams coached by Cody Hay and Anabelle Langois...Keely Gingrich/Davin Portz PN1, and Bryce Chudak/Bryn Hoffman (new)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    I think some of the younger skaters have had to notice the success that Duhamel & Radford and Moore-Towers & Moscovitch have had recently on the international stage and become more interested in giving pairs a try. Nice to see the junior/senior team numbers increase after the last few seasons when there were so few.
    ITA

Quote Originally Posted by Cant Skate View Post
    A couple changes...the team of McGrath and Power are done, he has retired from skating. Also out of Calgary, two new Novice teams coached by Cody Hay and Anabelle Langois...Keely Gingrich/Davin Portz PN1, and Bryce Chudak/Bryn Hoffman (new)
    Changes noted - thank you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    I think having successful seniors do help motivate the younger ones. With the greater increase in pairs, hope to see more Canadian pairs podium internationally.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Skate Ontario is hosting an introduction to pairs and dance seminar, so it seems they're interested in funneling more skaters into those disciplines too. Here's a link:

http://www.skateontario.org/wp-conte...pdate-post.pdf

Registration closes on July 12th or when they reach 100 participants.

vCash
    So I was just checking all the Canadian summer competition links and when I came across the schedule for Wildrose (no skater list posted), I noticed that a senior pair team is registered to compete! Anyone have any insider info as to who it could be? Alberta doesn't have a senior pair team....hmmmm...very interesting

vCash
    possibly Paige & Rudi? Thats my best guess for out west...

vCash
    Yay! It IS Paige and Rudy....the flights just posted I'm so excited to get to see them!

vCash
    Does anyone know how Purich/Tran are doing recently? Do they have any plan to skate at the summer competitions? Since I'm a big fan of Tran, I'm grateful for any small information.

vCash
    Purich/Tran are scheduled to compete at the Quebec Summer Championships near Montreal, Aug. 8-11, 2013 (see the Canadian Summer Competitions thread in Kiss and Cry for info links; hopefully there will be a free, live/on demand stream again this year).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-16-2013 at 01:13 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Purich/Tran are scheduled to compete at the Quebec Summer Championships near Montreal, Aug. 8-11, 2013 (see the Canadian Summer Competitions thread in Kiss and Cry for info links; hopefully there will be a free, live/on demand stream again this year).
    WOW Thank you, Sylvia. Happy to hear about them. I'll try to see the stream. I hope they will do well.

vCash
    I don't think this was ever posted -- interview with Margaret Purdy and Michael Marinaro from last week: Purdy and Marinaro Ready for Senior Stage

Including program news:

And to that end, the team is hoping their new programs – a short program set to “Unchained Melody,” and a long program to Casablanca – will contribute to that sophisticated look. Both programs were created by long-time coach and choreographer Alison Purkiss, and Purdy points to a few additional sources of help.

“We’re also working with some dancers and some world champions on our programs to help with presentation and skating skills,” she said, “so we have a lot of people helping us out this year to make us the best we possibly can.”

One world champion and Canadian legend has some experience with their long program’s theme.

“We’ve been working with Kurt Browning on Casablanca,” said Purdy. “We’ve seen him once so far and we’re going to continue to see him over the summer. We’ve been working on stuff with skating skills and also a lot of the presentation side to the program and the feel, and how we should be acting it. So that’s going to be very beneficial, and it’s already been helping us a lot, making us think about how to go at the program.”

vCash
    Ooooooo, Prudy and Marinaro working with Kurt -- what a wonderful pairing. Thanks for that update.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    Ooooooo, Prudy and Marinaro working with Kurt -- what a wonderful pairing. Thanks for that update.
    Nice!
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Was just running through the revised entry list for Wildrose (as of July 22) and the team of Digness/Thiessen previously registered in Junior, is now listed in Novice.

vCash
    Registered for Skate Detroit in Senior: Bobak/Penasse, Brown/Furiano (new), Jones/Beharry, Lawrence/Swiegers, Moore-Towers/Moscovitch, Purdy/Marinaro, Rau/Rob Schultz (new).

Registered in Junior: Dobson/Sheldrick, Orr/Simpson (new), Seguin/Bilodeau (new). Eby/Varley and Wong/Su are the 2 pairs signed up in Novice.

Look for SP news/results to be posted later today in the Skate Detroit thread in the Kiss and Cry forum.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Anyone able to confirm or deny the rumour that Jones & Beharry haves split (as posted in the Skate Detroit thread for those who have Kiss & Cry access)?

If it's true, that's the second partnership in a row for Beharry that has only lasted a year in spite of successful results. He's an incredibly talented skater, so it is very curious as to why none of these partnerships seem to be working out.

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast