Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cant Skate View Post
    Is Maxime JGP eligible?
    No, he is already 21 according to http://tracings.net/desc-maxi.html
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Re-posting from the U.S. Pairs thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayana_mnk View Post
    ... but, as already pointed out, information of this sort should be considered strictly "hearsay" until confirmed. ...
    ... Jason Pacini was the 2012 U.S. Novice Pairs silver medalist with former partner Caitlin Fields. Fields and Pacini were the 7th place junior team this year at nationals.
    My latest hearsay info (from two different reliable sources) is that Caitlin Fields, who will be 18 in September, is relocating from Scottsdale, Arizona (where she trained under Doug Ladret) to Montreal to partner with Sebastian Arcieri, 19, and compete in Canada. Fields has yet to compete internationally (Pacini was too old for the JGP) - link to her profile with Pacini in which she mentions she is 4-11 tall: http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/de...d=40264&mode=P
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Glad to hear that Arcieri found a new partner. Hope Caitlin Fields does ok in her move to Montreal. St. Leonard is a great pairs training site so I can see why she made the move.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    I've posted the link to the entry list updated as of June 14 for Championnats québécois d'été 2013 in Kiss and Cry: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3939392

Interesting names added to Junior Pairs, such as Grenier and Morais:
    Maxime Deschamps
    Vanessa Grenier
    Tara Hancherow
    Wesley Killing
    Julia Mercer
    Samuel Morais
    Julianne Seguin (Charlie Bilodeau not yet listed)

Besides Hancherow/Killing, who is skating with whom?
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-15-2013 at 12:47 AM.

vCash
    Julia Mercer is with Samuel Morais according to my latest info.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Samuel Morais is 21, according to his ISU bio: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00011079.htm

Vanessa Grenier is also 21: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00011086.htm
    So it looks like she has partnered with Maxime Deschamps?

Natasha Purich has registered for the Quebec comp. in Senior Pairs, which is likely to be her and Mervin Tran's competitive debut.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Just came across this photo set titled "KWSC Pairs 2013/2014": http://www.flickr.com/photos/2429168...7633818031637/
    Pictured are Moore-Towers/Moscovitch, Jones/Beharry, and the 2 new teams of Shalena Rau/Rob Schultz and Mary Orr/Phelan Simpson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yfbg722 View Post
    There are no age restrictions for competition within Canada at Novice or Junior. ISU age restrictions apply only to international events.
    Really? That's good to know...

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    It's always odd in dance to see teenagers versus barely teens in pre-novice and novice events in Canada, but the older skaters often bring a lot of maturity to the CD's. (I'm too much of a wuss to watch anything below junior pairs.)
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    (I'm too much of a wuss to watch anything below junior pairs.)
    A dear friend of mine calls it " Novice Scares"

vCash
    So the new pair teams in Canada at the junior and senior level are:

Purich & Tran
    Fields & Arcieri
    Hancherow & Killing
    Mercer & Morais
    Seguin & Bilodeau
    Grenier & Deschamps
    Rau & Schultz
    Orr & Simpson

Anyone else?!?

vCash
    Plus the top four novice teams moving up to junior, if you are considering those as they are not technically "new teams", just new to junior.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    From post #1:
    Novice Pairs

1 Rachael Dobson / Alexander Sheldrick
    2 Judith Murtha-Anderson / Trennt Michaud
    3 Taylor LeClaire / Christopher Mostert
    4 Kendra Digness / Eric Thiessen

5 Robyn-Lynn McGrath / Matthew Power
    6 Renata Wong / Henry Su
    7 Sarah-Jade Latulippe / Alex Leak
    8 Sabrina Vigneault / Cedric Savard
    Latulippe / Leak are registered for Quebec Summer Championships in Novice. I am assuming they are still together, along with Emilie Bourassa/David-Alexandre Paradis and Lori-Ann Matte/Thierry Ferland, the 2nd & 3rd place Pre-Novice pairs at Challenge.

Edited to ask: Is Justine Brasseur & Jason Lapointe a new Novice team? Is Cody Wong still skating with Amelie Lemay? (PN6)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-17-2013 at 08:13 PM.

vCash
    are taylor steele and simon pierre cote still skating together?

vCash
    Steele had knee surgery I think in the spring and rumour has it that Cote retired. It will be interesting to see the registration lists for summer competitions to see what teams are actually out there. In particular I'm looking forward to the rosters for Detroit because it sounds like it's going to be a big one for pairs and it's close enough that many Canadian teams may make the trek. Hope it gets posted soon!

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yfbg722 View Post
    In particular I'm looking forward to the rosters for Detroit because it sounds like it's going to be a big one for pairs and it's close enough that many Canadian teams may make the trek. Hope it gets posted soon!
    The official roster for Skate Detroit (July 23-27, 2013) usually isn't published online until the week before/of the competition (though hearsay info will very likely trickle out before then ).

Lawrence/Swiegers are training in Ellenton, Florida with Lyndon Johnston at the moment and are scheduled to compete at the Summer Chiller club competition in Fort Myers, FL this weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    The official roster for Skate Detroit (July 23-27, 2013) usually isn't published online until the week before/of the competition (though hearsay info will very likely trickle out before then ).
    A skating blog I read occasionally had the roster July 11th last year - but I'll be really happy if hearsay info pops up before then

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Skate Canada just posted this youtube link on facebook about Dylan Moscovitch. It includes Elladj Balde and one other special guest.

Dylan Moscovitch (CAN), Figure Skater by day, Martial Arts Expert by night
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I'm pretty sure Zoey Brown is skating with Anthony Furiano.

Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    So the new pair teams in Canada at the junior and senior level are:

Purich & Tran
    Fields & Arcieri
    Hancherow & Killing
    Mercer & Morais
    Seguin & Bilodeau
    Grenier & Deschamps
    Rau & Schultz
    Orr & Simpson

Anyone else?!?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Posted earlier in this thread: Katie Bobak / Matthew Penasse have re-teamed and will compete in Senior.

Lawrence/Swiegers ended up not competing in the Florida competition mentioned above.

Ami Koga / Francis Boudreau-Audet are also registered now for the Quebec comp. in Junior Pairs - a new team?

Novice Pairs registered for Quebec:
    Naomie Boudreau/Cédric Savard (new)
    Émilie Bourassa/David-Alexandre Paradis PN2
    Justine Brasseur/Jason Lapointe (new)
    Sarah-Jade Latulippe/Alex Leak N7
    Amélie Lemay/Cody Wong PN6
    Lori-Ann Matte/Thierry Ferland PN3
    Lianna Thomas/Aaron Kugler (reportedly training in Montreal - she made US Nationals in Novice Pairs last season; he is new to pairs)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-01-2013 at 09:34 PM.

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast