Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by geoskate View Post
    That has to be Rob Schultz. No other male pair skater has such red hair. Sorry, I don't recognize the girl.

Right at the end of the video there's an out-of-focus shot of a poster for the event. It looks like Javier Fernandez and Moore-Towers/Moscovitch might be on the poster as guests for the event.
    And Shawn Sawyer: http://www.hamiltonskating.org/files...ng/75-Gala.pdf

Link to the news thread that was started in GSD on March 16: Mervin Tran and Natasha Purich to skate together

Upcoming performances by pairs on the national team (source link):

March 23 Balmertown FSC Carnival – Cochenour Arena, ON
    Meagan Duhamel/Eric Radford

March 23-24 Polaris FSC Ice Show – Labrador City Arena, NL
    Paige Lawrence/Rudi Swiegers

March 30-31 Point Edward SC Carnival – Point Edward Arena, ON
    Margaret Purdy/Michael Marinaro

April 5 Niagara-on-the-Lake Skating Club Carnival – Meridian Credit Union Arena, Virgil
    Kirtsen Moore-Towers/Dylan Moscovitch

April 6 Hamilton Skating Club Exhibition – Mountain Arena, Hamilton, ON
    Kirtsen Moore-Towers/Dylan Moscovitch

April 6 CPA LeGardeur Carnival – Aréna LeGardeur, QC
    Meagan Duhamel/Eric Radford
    Last edited by Sylvia; 03-22-2013 at 04:27 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Hamilton's 75th Gala includes Javier, KMT/DM, and Shawn Sawyer as guests. Big event with dinner, show and dance! A lot of alumni skaters have been invited.

Believe the pair in the background is Shultz and Christina Yan.

vCash
    Thanks for the identification of the new pairing.

They shouldn't have any problem with side-by-side jumps, given her strength as a singles skater. He will have some work to do to match her elegance, but he should get there eventually. It's exciting to hear that Bryce is coaching this pair team. Does he have any other pair teams, besides Dylan Conway/Dustin Sherriff-Clayton who were 5th at Canadians in junior?

vCash
    From this article published during 2013 Canadians: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...ating-pro.html
    "Another pair of skaters Davison coaches from Eastern Ontario, Judith Murtha-Anderson and Trennt Michaud, picked up silver in the novice pairs competition."
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    That's great news that Schultz has found a partner, and I liked what I saw of Yan the year she made it to Canadians, so I think the pairing has potential. Plus it's just nice to see some new pair teams - I hope we don't see a field as small as this year again.

vCash
    "Radford, Duhamel dazzle Red Lake": http://www.chroniclejournal.com/cont...azzle-red-lake
    Radford is branching out of the athletic realm as well. The accompanying musical piece to their 2013-14 program will be an original composition by him. An orchestra will record it this summer, he said.
    “Music is a huge part of my life the same as skating is,” Radford said. “I’ve always loved to compose and wanted to write something to skate to. I haven’t had the means or the time to do it. With all of it building towards the Olympics, it’s kind of the right moment for it to happen.”

vCash
    That's exciting that Meagan & Eric are going to skate to a piece that he composed himself.

vCash
    I can't wait to hear his original composition! Such a talented individual. I am really looking forward to the Canadian pairs next season!

vCash
    Eric Radford has confirmed via Twitter that his composition will be used for D/R's short program.

This article, published one week ago and titled "A pair of aces," includes nice quotes from both Meagan and Eric: http://www.northernlife.ca/news/spor...e-sudbury.aspx
    Duhamel and Radford compete next at the 2013 ISU World Team Trophy event in Tokyo, Japan in April. They will then perform for the Stars On Ice Tour. In May, Duhamel and Radford, with their coaches and choreographer, will begin to hammer out a plan to ensure they represent Canada at the next Olympics.

vCash
    "Eric Radford: From the Ice Rink to the Studio": http://louisbabin.com/eric-radford-f...to-the-studio/
    Yesterday night (April 2nd), a new page of history was written in the world of ice skating at the Studio La Majeure in Montreal!

The Canadian pair skater Eric Radford, the 2013 World bronze medalist with current partner Meagan Duhamel, was at the string recording session listening to the music to be used for their upcoming short program in this olympic year.

His own music composition!
    Good to hear that TSN "prepares a documentary to be broadcasted by Fall 2013 in order to expose the creation work of Eric off the ice rink."

vCash
    It seems Lawrence/Swiegers are using Lance Vipond for choreography this year: https://twitter.com/paigehlawrence/s...11483922243584

Paige Lawrence‏@paigehlawrence1h

Love learning new choreography! @LanceV72 #welcome2virden #nostarbucks #sorry...

5:18 PM - 10 Apr 13
    I was hoping they’d make a coaching change, but maybe a new choreographer will help them be more competitive this season.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    Hayleigh Bell, age 16, is now listed on IPS. She won the 2013 Junior and 2012 Novice titles with Alastair Sylvester and they competed at the last 2 Junior Worlds. Link to their ISU bio: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00054197.htm

vCash
    I was shocked when I heard this a few days ago Weren't they opposite skaters? That will make finding a new partner more difficult...

vCash
    wow. they won national titles 3 years in a row, and did well at jr worlds. very shocking.

vCash
    At the moment on IPS she's saying that she won't relocate. Hopefully she sticks to that. Lee Barkell is a great pairs coach, and she should stay with him if possible.

It's interesting that her contact email on IPS is Lee's email, rather than hers. Is this normal? It's probably a good idea though to have her coach screen potential partners, since he'd have a pretty good idea who would and would not match.

vCash
    Maybe Alastair is quitting?

vCash
    Yes Alister has retired from skating. Such a shame since the team has had great success and a bright skating future. I hope Hayleigh has luck finding a new partner.

vCash
    Awe...so sad for Hayleigh Best wishes to her in her search for a new partner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Hayleigh Bell, age 16, is now listed on IPS. She won the 2013 Junior and 2012 Novice titles with Alastair Sylvester and they competed at the last 2 Junior Worlds. Link to their ISU bio: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00054197.htm
    It's the junior curse in Canada. The last three Junior Canadian Champion pairs teams have split after winning. In fact, in the last eight years, only Purdy/Marinaro are still together of all the winning teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yfbg722 View Post
    It's the junior curse in Canada. The last three Junior Canadian Champion pairs teams have split after winning. In fact, in the last eight years, only Purdy/Marinaro are still together of all the winning teams.
    That's a sobering statistic. Not surprising that we'd see an eventual drought in senior pairs. How many of the junior winners actually competed together at the senior level?
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast