Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Sasha is starting a sock line?
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Sasha is starting a sock line?
    http://snoxxsocks.com/

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Snoxx Socks ("Colorful Athletic Socks With A Snap") is now live on Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ks-with-a-snap

ETA link to this GSD thread: Sasha Cohen featured in artistic short film
    Last edited by Sylvia; 04-16-2013 at 05:35 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Snoxx Socks ("Colorful Athletic Socks With A Snap") is now live on Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ks-with-a-snap
    Those look too thick for skates. I prefer the thin, hosiery socks that come above the ankle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UGG View Post
    Sasha does not age. Isn't she close to 30?

Wow...that was weird typing that out...
    you think that's old? lol

Alex is leaning towards a major in political science, a shift from her previous choice of financial economics, although she readily admits that it may change.
    Wow. I wonder if she wants to go into politics like Kwan
    Last edited by iarispiralllyof; 04-16-2013 at 05:20 PM.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Cross-posting the New York Observer's "Shindigger" column titled "On the Rocks: Boozy Ice Capades Send Fashion Figures (and Figure Skaters) Stumbling Into Spring" from the Figure Skating in Harlem thread in GSD: http://observer.com/2013/04/on-the-r...g-into-spring/
    Off the ice, Ms. Cohen divulged that she was a busy gal, designing a line of custom figure skates for Klingbeil (her preferred brand for competition) and attending classes at Columbia. “I also started a line of socks, and I have a boyfriend, which takes up most of my time. I have to show you his picture,” she giggled, slipping out her iPhone. “I get so excited.”

But can he skate, we wondered?

“No,” Ms. Cohen sighed. “He did buy a skating lesson with me, though, at a charity auction. He hasn’t used it yet.”

The poor guy is probably intimidated to skate with a former U.S. champion.
    She's being such a tease!
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iarispiralllyof View Post
    you think that's old? lol

Wow. I wonder if she wants to go into politics like Kwan
    I didn't say I think she looks old. She is almost 30 and she looks exactly the same as she did at 17. That does not mean I think she looks old it means I think she looks exactly the same as she did when she was a teenager. I am 36. Please.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Cross-posting the New York Observer's "Shindigger" column titled "On the Rocks: Boozy Ice Capades Send Fashion Figures (and Figure Skaters) Stumbling Into Spring" from the Figure Skating in Harlem thread in GSD: http://observer.com/2013/04/on-the-r...g-into-spring/

She's being such a tease!
    I know! Dying to find out who the guy is.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    World Champion?

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy25 View Post
    World Champion?
    In the short program?

I wonder if that part was written by someone else. The body of the text is careful to call her a "USA silver medal winning figure skater" (that section of the website is written in first person).

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    "Cohen trades skates for socks with snappy idea": http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Excerpt:
    Cohen, 28, is currently enrolled at the Columbia School of General Studies (Columbia University's college for students over 21 and non-traditional students) with an eye toward majoring in finance/economics, although that might change. She's had some great opportunities to investigate the financial community in New York and see where her future career may lie.

Although she spent time on the East Coast previously, Cohen lived much of her life in Los Angeles. When she decided to commit to going to college, New York seemed a natural fit. Cold weather doesn't faze her, and she has plenty of warm clothing from her years of competing.

"I love the pace of life in New York," said Cohen, who lives in SoHo. "I love the people, the possibility. I wanted to go to school in a big city. Columbia is a wonderful environment, both academically and also physically. The presence of the school and the whole architecture. The campus is a nice change from the city's hustle and bustle."

She's enjoying the intellectual demands of Columbia and is just finishing Contemporary Civilization, a part of the core curriculum. The year-long course starts with Plato and concludes with Freud and Woolf.

Teenage Mutant
    vCash
    "Cohen trades skates for socks with snappy idea": http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Excerpt:
    Sasha needs to bring this idea to Shark Tank!
    Sometimes I think I lost something really important to me, and it turns out I already ate it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    Those look too thick for skates. I prefer the thin, hosiery socks that come above the ankle.
    Are they supposed to be skating socks? They look like socks bikers and runners wear. I skate barefoot, but I've never seen anyone in ankle socks like these.

I wonder how they snap together- I think anything attached to a sock would be irritating. Not to mention, it really seems to be a solution in need of a problem; especially because they are all fancy designs. It is super easy to keep colorful socks with their mate.

I wonder why she is funding on kickstarter? Too nervous to put in her own money? She surely has plenty. (I know the answer- kickstarter is hipster marketing even more than it is fundraising.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Are they supposed to be skating socks? They look like socks bikers and runners wear. I skate barefoot, but I've never seen anyone in ankle socks like these.

I wonder how they snap together- I think anything attached to a sock would be irritating. Not to mention, it really seems to be a solution in need of a problem; especially because they are all fancy designs. It is super easy to keep colorful socks with their mate.

I wonder why she is funding on kickstarter? Too nervous to put in her own money? She surely has plenty. (I know the answer- kickstarter is hipster marketing even more than it is fundraising.)
    I think they are for skating. She said something about designing a snap that you don't feel in skates. And that she was losing her socks while on tour.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    I think they are for skating. She said something about designing a snap that you don't feel in skates. And that she was losing her socks while on tour.
    Interesting- I didn't read the comment about the skates. I've seen lots of products designed to prevent people from losing a sock, and lots of pitchmen say lost socks are a huge problem. But I've never known anyone to actually have this problem.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    1) I don't think this product is intended to be limited to skaters only. The socks look like anyone can wear them.

2) I & my family lose socks all the time. The problem does exist, otherwise there wouldn't be products out there to solve it.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I know! Dying to find out who the guy is.
    She has posted pics of him on Twitter..from dinners out to a Fla vacation. He's nice looking.

vCash
    I don't think Snoxx are made to wear with skates.

Try as I might, I just CANNOT hear "Snoxx" in my head without a Midwest accent ("Snaaaaaaaaaawx"). Been in the Midwest for too long!!
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    I don't think Snoxx are made to wear with skates.

Try as I might, I just CANNOT hear "Snoxx" in my head without a Midwest accent ("Snaaaaaaaaaawx"). Been in the Midwest for too long!!
    I don't think they are for skating either. By the way, Sasha just got a puppy. She posted a pic of it on twitter. Sorry I don't know how to link to twitter posts.

I am midwest raised and for the life of me cannot pronounce Snoxx the way you wrote it! Where does the "w" come in?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy25 View Post
    By the way, Sasha just got a puppy. She posted a pic of it on twitter. Sorry I don't know how to link to twitter posts.
    http://instagram.com/p/YV3Cp0xibD/

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast