Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash

Sasha Cohen tries new name, starts over as student

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    I think she is more interesting and down to earth than most ladies skaters. I have no idea why she gets little love. And I don't need to hear anti-Sasha talk from the rabid MKfans.
    Last edited by TheIronLady; 01-31-2013 at 03:19 AM.

vCash
    I have this strange feeling that this was published like a year ago. Anyone else?
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    I have this strange feeling that this was published like a year ago. Anyone else?
    Seeing that she just started at Columbia, I don't see how.

vCash
    No, this looks to be a current article. Have to laugh though, why an article on Cohen by Kelly Whiteside? Nothing else going on in Omaha this past week? ;-)

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I really hope she doesn't play rugby. She will get trampled like a hapless tourist in Pamplona.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    The name "Alex", yes. IIRC, someone mentioned this version of name in an another article about a year ago.

However, the USA Today article also says that she is now sophomore, which makes this article contemporary.

vCash
    I'm sure she was joking. At 2010 Natls, she could not have weighed more than 85 lbs soaking wet. She might be up to 100 lbs now. I'm sure she said it to provoke a response. ;-)

vCash
    I read that she had changed her name and was playing rugby about a year ago in an article on Icenetwork. Old news.

Curiously curious
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B.Cooper View Post
    I'm sure she was joking. At 2010 Natls, she could not have weighed more than 85 lbs soaking wet. She might be up to 100 lbs now. I'm sure she said it to provoke a response. ;-)
    She could be a hooker .

vCash
    Believe it or not, just recently I think I saw Sasha Cohen (now Alex) at the Highway Diner in East Hampton, New York. I live in the area and was surprised to see her. At first, she walked by my table of five (my spouse and three kids) and with the cold weather and all, I could still see it was Sasha under the coat, hat and scarf but I was not sure whether it was truly her. Later, I went to the rest room which gave me a few more opps to steal a couple of glances and a good stare (I swear, she did not notice). I walked away convinced it was her. She was there with another person; they held hands. I did not bother her because as a native New Yorker, you just don't do that to celebrities plus, I get the feeling with her new direction and all, that she probably wants to start anew and wasn't sure she would have wanted a figure skating fan gushing about her skating skills and accomplishments - so I left, disappointed.

vCash
    I'm surprised she's not recognized more often, but I guess not too many people follow figure skating as closely as I do.

vCash
    There were probably other articles about Sasha when she started Columbia. IMO, she is showing her brains by preparing for a life off of the ice; there aren't enough shows to keep her employed for any length of time.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Kwan managed to make it through college and get a Masters degree without having to use an alias. She even attended college while at her peak as a competitor. Kwan wins again.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    One of the reasons Sasha became Alex is that when she'd call to make reservations in NYC or LA, the person on the other end would think she was calling for Sacha Baron Cohen.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Banned Member
    vCash
    Totally for the Alex name change! hehe

vCash

I liked her in Borat.

vCash
    there was definatly an article about the rugby a while back/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post

I liked her in Borat.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Kwan managed to make it through college and get a Masters degree without having to use an alias. She even attended college while at her peak as a competitor. Kwan wins again.
    Kwan wasn't trying to become a serious student at an Ivy League school. Apparently she was denied admission to several.

I'm just glad Sasha's acting career is over. LOL!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast