Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    Hoping Alexa's foot/ankle/whatever is OK for worlds.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Loved watching their Nationals Free program and I found myself wanting to see them at Worlds. So yay!

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Here's their 2013 Nationals 1st place FS (debut of "Life is Beautiful" program): http://youtube.com/watch?v=HY1ueehSTHI

More videos are on their site: http://alexascimecaandchrisknierim.w...m/apps/videos/
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Re-posting from the U.S. Pairs thread in GSD...

Scimeca and Knierim talk about their personal relationship, her foot injury, and their goals for Worlds in the second section of the "Inside Edge" blog published today: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Excerpt:
    Scimeca also spoke with confidence about the foot injury that forced the team to withdraw from the Four Continents Championships. She said that there were three different issues: cuboid syndrome, a bone bruise on the talus and tendinitis on the side of the foot. She says all three problems are under control and that the team is training well and looking forward to worlds.

"My foot is doing wonderfully," she said. "I'm going to two different types of therapy every day, and I get my foot taped at the Olympic Training Center. I'm feeling great on the ice, very strong, and we're able to train full force."

"I'm super-excited about worlds," Knierim said. "We're going in with no expectations, just wanting to put out a good performance. Getting a personal best is our goal."
    Also, the Professional Skaters Association (PSA) announced the winners of the EDI Awards for Best Performance at 2013 Nationals on March 4:
    The award is based on the "total performance" with an eye to costuming, presentation, music selection, choreography, style, and technique. Winners were determined by a committee present at nationals that reviewed all long and short programs at the junior and senior levels for each discipline.

Pair Skating: Winner – Alexa Scimeca & Christopher Knierim (Senior Free Skate)
    Coaches – Dalilah Sappenfield & Larry Ibarra
    Choreographers – Dalilah Sappenfield & Larry Ibarra
    Music – “La Vita E Bella (Life is Beautiful)” by Nicola Piovani

A formal presentation of these awards will take place during U.S. Figure Skating’s Champs Camp later this year.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Edit:

S&K

vCash
    S/K couldn't have a better mind set going into Worlds - skating for themselves w/ no expectations. I hope they rock!

vCash
    I really hope they do well at Worlds! I've been a fan for a while, especially of her. She will tweet me back if I tweet her and she's always sweet. They just seem like very very nice people.

vCash
    I'm officially on their bandwagon, lol, as I am for most American Pair Teams.

They just kicked ass at Worlds, surpassing the Italians, which was a huge surprise. Finally, the judging was right on, no hardware or rep to carry the day, just skating, and they did it, they did it, top 10 in their first Worlds!

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Scimeca/Knierim's 9th place finish at Worlds qualifies them for Team A envelope funding from USFS next season.

ETA:
    @LynnRutherford tweeted:
    "Mixed zone-Dalilah Sappenfield revealed Vancouver choreographer Mark Pillay will likely do ScimecaKnierim FS for next season."

Pillay choreographed Moore-Towers/Moscovitch's programs this season, as well as as Richard Dornbush's SP, and has been Liam Firus' choreographer for many seasons.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 03-15-2013 at 10:12 PM.

vCash
    Sylvia - Will their results this year get them 2 GP invitations next season? Meaning the USFSA could easily select them for SA, but I wonder if their current results will get them invites from 2 foreign federations.

Anyway, WOW. 9th at their first worlds in probably one of the most talented pairs fields of any quadrennial. To be put in front of the Italians who were Euro Bronze medalists means the judges really like them as they are! I'm further encouraged by the fact that they will go outside Colorado Springs for their choreography. For next season, I can't wait to see them work on their overall look with Mark Pillay. That right now is their biggest issue. I also think technically it would be great if they could upgrade to SBS 3toes in addition to their SBS 3sals, and just generally fine-tuning to get all the proper levels. Their 3twist and throw jumps (when she lands them) are top class and can rival the top teams. They in fact may be the top US team. I hope it works out for them! No pressure

vCash
    Congrats on their 9th place finish...how fantastic was that! I'm starting to get excited for US pairs again, and they are a big reason why. Love the choreographer choice and I'm really pulling for them to work hard and if they can get to Sochi next season...woohoo! Great job, guys!
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    From Alexa's twitter:

https://twitter.com/lexxapaige/statu...37962457407488

So honored to be asked to be apart of the Worlds Gala!!! @ChrisKnierim and I are stoked!

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Associated Press article after their FS (she's very animated in the photo): http://summergames.ap.org/boston/art...eyre-long-haul

Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Sylvia - Will their results this year get them 2 GP invitations next season? Meaning the USFSA could easily select them for SA, but I wonder if their current results will get them invites from 2 foreign federations.
    I would think so.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Time to bump up this thread ... their new official website was launched on Sept. 27: http://figureskatersonline.com/scimeca-knierim/

Photo of their pair lift at Beijing's Forbidden City! http://instagram.com/p/gUIEAkHdL6/

11/18 Journal entry before they left for Moscow: http://figureskatersonline.com/scimeca-knierim/journal/

New joint Twitter account is: http://www.twitter.com/Scimeca_Knierim
    Two tweeted pics by Alexa & Chris who were sightseeing in Moscow today:
    We made it!!!! #RedSquare http://pic.twitter.com/MVGbgyBPKv

Exploring! #lucky #gold @mirai_nagasu @ChrisKnierim http://pic.twitter.com/UjlaRXpwTB
    Last edited by Sylvia; 11-20-2013 at 11:55 PM.

Spitting Nickels
    vCash
    Sorry to see them playing catch up at their first GP. Really hoping that Chris' injury is behind him and that they have been able to sufficiently train their programs to compete will this weekend! Fingers crossed!!

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Alexa and Chris set a new ISU SB and PB score of 59.56 (previous was 57.99 at Cup of China) despite Chris doubling the Salchow. Triple twist & throw 3F both received + GOE - they are in 5th heading into tomorrow's FS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Alexa and Chris set a new ISU SB and PB score of 59.56 (previous was 57.99 at Cup of China) despite Chris doubling the Salchow. Triple twist & throw 3F both received + GOE - they are in 5th heading into tomorrow's FS.
    They did look much better in the SP then in their first 2 competitions of the season. I think they will be peaking at Nationals which is when it counts anyway. They got a late start to the season with his injury and it has shown.

vCash
    They skated a pretty good long too!

vCash
    ^Even if they were down in the rankings, they scored what I think is one of their best international scores. I think they are slowly but surely improving and are definitely setting themselves up for a spot on Team Sochi

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    I forgot to cross-post this latest "Inside Edge" blog from the U.S. Pairs thread in GSD - it has details on why Chris Knierim was stuck in Beijing after Cup of China, as well as some of their other challenges so far this season: http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2013/12/04/64386776
    Excerpts:
    "I think it's [the injury] affected more the mental aspect, rather than physical," Knierim said. "Everyone who has a serious injury knows that coming back into competition is mentally pretty tough."
    "We already climbed the mountain with Chris's injury in the summer, so we decided we just want to move forward," Scimeca said. "For the month of December, we're just going to train hard. Our goal is to put out two solid programs in Boston, and we believe if we do that we'll get the results we're hoping for."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast