vCash

Is it ok to return a snorkel?

I bought a snorkel last week and tried it out twice yesterday. I decided that it wasn't very useful for my swimming purpose and would like to return it. But since it has been in my mouth the idea that the product might go back on the shelf is kind of icky. Is it ok to return such a device?

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    How much did it cost? Was there a defect? If it wasn't too expensive and there wasn't a problem in the making of the product then I would just swallow the cost.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    I bought a snorkel last week and tried it out twice yesterday. I decided that it wasn't very useful for my swimming purpose and would like to return it. But since it has been in my mouth the idea that the product might go back on the shelf is kind of icky. Is it ok to return such a device?
    If it has a spearate mouthpiece, then the vendor can replace that part and re-sell it. Hopefully you are dealing with a reputable scuba shop. If not, call the store and see if they'll take it back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    It may depend on store policy - are you allowed to return things just because you don't like it, when it has been opened, tags removed etc. and used twice? I wouldn't think so - it's no longer new - but check with the store and ask.