50 16.39%
  • Joubert

6 1.97%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I dont think that plushenko can go beyond yagudin, how long his career

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    My vote for Yag. I can't think of any performance by Plushy that I would called artistic, whereas Yag had quite a few, ie Winter, Car racing, etc.
    Because you are a fan. I could say the same thing about Yagudin
    But nevertheless, since it is FSU, if Yagudin did not win in the end, that would be the end of the world

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Yagudin, of course. Both Yags and Plush are great, great skaters. I choose Yagudin for the same reason as above - his programs, his "style" and artistry touched me far more than Plush's. That's purely personal and no rap to anyone. But truly, I can't remember anything Plushenko ever did, and I saw him live twice that I know of, including the SLC final, and watch everything on TV. I remember Lambiel's and Takashi's as well. I even remember some of Joubert's! But not like Yags! I can visualize almost everything he did.

I thought COP was begun because of many factors, and goaded into existence because of the SLC judging scandal. I don't pretend to be an expert, but COP didn't come into being because Plushy pushed the quads...not only that anyway. And please someone who is NOT a Plushy uber answer that one.

vCash
    I voted for Yagudin because I think he was the best overall skater.

When it comes to artistry though, Stéphane is in a league of his own.

vCash
    Lambiel, love his skating. He is by far my favorite.

vCash
    I'm really curious, Yagudin is better than Plushenko in wich aspect? And the question was who is the best skater in 2000th years, not who is our favorite. Yagudin retired in 2002. Plushenko was the dominant in 2000th, by far. But I'm not surprised, it's the FSU. I remember in summer was a poll who is the weakest skater or something like this. I registered and registered some other Plushy fans. We can registered, but couldn't vote and write. And it's true. I registered in july, but my first post was in september, I tried again in that time.

You will say I'M a Plushy uber..yes but you can convince me with arguments not with opinions. So I'm waiting for the details, and aspects.
    Last edited by lala; 02-01-2013 at 05:23 PM.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I think it depends on what you think the criteria for Best Male Skater is - whether competitive record, impact on the sport, technical achievement, memorability, skating skills, etc. Several people on this thread have noted that it's a close choice between Yagudin and Plushenko (or Lambiel), and that they could see either being thought of as Best Male Skater, even if it wasn't their personal choice.

vCash
    Best in terms of medals is Plushenko. But best in terms of "I could just watch him again and again", for me, that's either Takahashi or Lambiel.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

vCash
    As a competetive skater Plushenko by far the best one. Yagudin was good, but nothing close to what Plushenko achived and developed especially when he matured.
    Compare 30 year old matured Plushenko now to 21 year old Yagudin in 2002 is none sense.

vCash
    Interesting that while some people think Lysacek doesn't even belong on that list, he has six times more votes than charismatic performer Joubert.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Interesting that while some people think Lysacek doesn't even belong on that list, he has six times more votes than charismatic performer Joubert.
    I would like to think that this is because Joubert's fans admire his skating, but realize that other skaters have accomplished more than he has; while Lysacek's fans, or at least the poster who started this thread, maybe believe (wrongly, IMO) that an OGM makes him one of the all time greats.

Also, I don't think there are that many fans of Joubert on FSU. But he did survive way longer than Lysacek in that off-season Survivor game

I can't get behind voting for Yagudin in this poll; I don't think someone can be considered the best in a decade if that person only skated two years out of said decade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggs View Post
    When it comes to artistry though, Stéphane is in a league of his own.

vCash
    For me it's Yagudin. If it weren't for injuries he might have continued competing and won more World and Olympic medals. Plushenko is great but to me Yagudin was the more well-rounded of the two much better artistically imo.
    Congrats to my ♥Baroque Rock Princess Adelina♥Meryl&Charlie♥Tatiana&Maxim♥!Team ♥Mirai♥Adam♥Julia♥

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I think it depends on what you think the criteria for Best Male Skater is - whether competitive record, impact on the sport, technical achievement, memorability, skating skills, etc. Several people on this thread have noted that it's a close choice between Yagudin and Plushenko (or Lambiel), and that they could see either being thought of as Best Male Skater, even if it wasn't their personal choice.
    Well:
    most decorated -Plushenko
    competitive rekord-Plushenko
    impact on sport-Plushenko(Plushenko's spiral, first 4-3-2 combo, first 4-3-3 combo, he was the first who did donuts spin and Bielmann spin in man senior comp.)
    technical achievement-Plushenko
    memorability-I think Plushenko-2-3 weeks ago I read in an american article he is the most known figure skater
    skating skills-I think they about the same
    longevity-Plushenko
    artistry - Plushenko, surprisingly for some people I have examined the same period of their First World CH to six years (Because Yagudin had 6 years 1996-2002, thus Plushenko 1998 to 2004.
    Plushenko has 75 6.0 most of them presentation marks. He was the youngest male skater ever (16) who received perfect scores. Yagudin: I didn't count, but clearly less.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I'm not going to get into a Plush vs Yags battle, but there's no way an American article would say that Plushenko is the most known figure skater - maybe in Russia, but not in America, where there are at least a dozen American skaters whose names are familiar to the general populace, along with a dozen more international skaters.

vCash
    I'm not going to get into a Plush vs Yags battle, but there's no way an American article would say that Plushenko is the most known figure skater - maybe in Russia, but not in America, where there are at least a dozen American skaters whose names are familiar to the general populace, along with a dozen more international skaters.
    Not in Russia. In the World.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    Not in Russia. In the World.
    I won't believe it until I see the article, and even there, they better have some factual back up for that statement.

vCash
    I won't believe it until I see the article, and even there, they better have some factual back up for that statement.
    Ok, I'll have a little time, I will find it. That's funny, sometimes the Americans think, the America is the World. (And I'm not Russian.)
    Last edited by lala; 02-01-2013 at 07:50 PM.

vCash
    Love him or hate him, PLUSHY!!!!
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    For me it's Yagudin. If it weren't for injuries he might have continued competing and won more World and Olympic medals. Plushenko is great but to me Yagudin was the more well-rounded of the two much better artistically imo.
    Does might count in this poll?
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast