• Kaetlyn Osmond

12 6.25%
  • Mae Berenice Meite

1 0.52%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

vCash

2014 Worlds Ladies Poll- Top 5

Now that entries are out http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat00028068.htm - who do you figure for the top 5? Sorry I couldn't fit in Zijun Li or Kexin Zhang, but oh well.

vCash
    No Adelina, and Pogorilaya instead? Not surprising about Adelina, but kind of surprised about Pogo.

vCash
    Do you think the 2014 Olys gold medalist might have just an outside chance?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    Adelina isn't competing at Worlds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    She's not competing. I think it would have been nice if she did but I do think it's smart for her to sit out these championships. Adelina obviously peaked at the perfect time this season so for now, I think it's better for her to go out on top with those two strong performances and start over fresh next season. Smart move.

I'm sure if Elena Radionova was age eligible she'd be there instead of Anna. Anna could use the experience though. Don't forget: she's only 15 and this is her first senior season. Liza T hasn't done enough to merit the invitation this season and Alena Leonova, despite doing better at Euros, hasn't done enough either. Anna will benefit from the experience. She's got the content and the mentality but she needs a lot of work on things like projection, presentation, etc. so this is a good opportunity for her moving forward.

I picked Mao, Carolina, Julia, Gracie and Ashley as the top 5, with Akiko or Kanako sneaking in if they do better. My dream podium this year would be Mao, Carolina and Akiko...in any order really. I'd like to see these veterans have their final hoorah before exiting the sport.

vCash
    I went with Mao, Carolina, Julia, Gracie, and Akiko. Ashley could maybe do it, but not if she doesn't start landing on one foot.

vCash
    shin amano will be there..right?? i wonder why ISU didn't let him to be the tech controller.. i wonder why.. i wonder why...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by riveredge
    shin amano will be there..right?? i wonder why ISU didn't let him to be the tech controller.. i wonder why.. i wonder why...
    I'm not exactly sure what this is supposed to mean? Why Amano couldn't be the caller at the Olympics, or what?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    I went with Mao, Carolina, Julia, Gracie, and Akiko. Ashley could maybe do it, but not if she doesn't start landing on one foot.
    My choices as well. Go Gracie!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    I'm not exactly sure what this is supposed to mean? Why Amano couldn't be the caller at the Olympics, or what?
    i'm just wondering why.. he would have been fair to everyone..

anyway.. i predict gracie will have a chance to win the world title here.. julia and then mao or caro.. depends who will show up..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    I picked Mao, Carolina, Julia, Gracie and Ashley as the top 5, with Akiko or Kanako sneaking in if they do better.
    I went with them too . . . and yet I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Anna sneaked in there somewhere. She's already beaten some of the best.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    I went with them too . . . and yet I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Anna sneaked in there somewhere. She's already beaten some of the best.
    Meh, not top 5...she can't compete with Mao, Carolina, Julia, Gracie, Ashley, Akiko or Kanako when it comes to PCS. All of them are better performers and have stronger programs...plus, she's a newbie. This is her first year senior and her first trip to worlds. It's Julia's first trip to senior worlds too but she's won two GPs, Euros and an Olympic gold medal which gives her a pretty big boost coming in.

The good news for Anna is she has a lot of content (two 3-3s) and can get level 4s on everything. On top of that she's pretty consistent which is why I think she could definitely stay in the top 10 if she skates well. A lot of people would have to falter for her to place top 5. If Julia can medal and Anna skates well, I think the two of them have a great shot at getting that 3rd spot back for Russia.

vCash
    I am feeling a Mao, Gracie, and Ashley podium with probably Mao on top. I think both American girls will be very hungry here. Julia will probably face some backlash (unfairly) for the controversy over the Russian results and scores at the Sochi Games, which is probably part of the reason Sotnikova wisely WD; and Julia's confidence might be hurt by her Olympic skate too.

vCash
    I picked Mao, Julia, Carolina, Gracie, and Kanako. Since it's in Japan, I decided that Kanako will skate better. Akiko almost looked like a shadow of herself and on the downswing at the Olympics. I hope I am wrong. If it's not Kanako, it could be Akiko, ahead of Ashley.

vCash
    I thought Akiko wasnt even going to worlds. I expect Ashley to skate big. She probably feels this is her last real chance of a world medal.

vCash
    oh JudgeJudy is back!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I am feeling a Mao, Gracie, and Ashley podium with probably Mao on top. I think both American girls will be very hungry here. Julia will probably face some backlash (unfairly) for the controversy over the Russian results and scores at the Sochi Games, which is probably part of the reason Sotnikova wisely WD; and Julia's confidence might be hurt by her Olympic skate too.
    Unfortunately I think Julia is going to experience some backlash and not just at these worlds.

I still don't see Ashley on the podium. I would like to see two Japanese ladies on the podium, but that would mean either Kostner or Gold will not be on the podium. So I think the podium may be Mao, Carolina, and Gracie/Akiko/Kanako. Mao's podium spot may depend on whether or not she goes for the 3A in the SP. I hope she does not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronwynsings View Post
    Adelina isn't competing at Worlds.

A big bummer . I was looking forward to witnessing a fresh-out-of-junior skater finally breaking the world record score with a clean free program. The magic of the Olympics redux.

The skating genius Adelina isn't in, and it now seems like anyone's game really, as can be seen from the poll result.
    Last edited by amaro; 03-05-2014 at 05:34 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by amaro View Post
    A big bummer. I was looking forward to witnessing a fresh-out-of-junior skater finally breaking the world record score with a clean free program. The magic of the Olympics redux.
    Adelina competed at worlds last year. She went through some struggles her rookie season and learned from them. She is not a "fresh out of junior" skater.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Adelina competed at worlds last year. She went through some struggles her rookie season and learned from them. She is not a "fresh out of junior" skater.
    Still every bit as impressive, considering that this was her first senior grand prix season. Certainly she will bring the sport to a whole new level in the upcoming season.
    Last edited by amaro; 03-05-2014 at 05:48 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast