vCash

What do you like to do on Ice during a Public Skate?

Say,I don't know if we've ever asked this here before. But what I want to ask everyone today is...What do you like to do on Ice during a Public Skate? Please include what your fav. thing out of everything you like to do is. Please use the following format. For me it's....

To Spin, to Glide,but most of all...my most fav. thing to do on the Ice during a Public Skate is Skating one-handed with anyone I can find to be my Partner!!!! Anyone else?

vCash
    Right now she likes to jump and spin. She plays a spin game with her friends where one does something and the next kid does it and adds something else and then the first kid does both and adds one more thing and continue until they are too dizzy to think of or do another combination spin. She also likes to run through her old routine.

vCash
    I have no preference because I go to uncrowded morning adult-only sessions while most adults are at work, or noontime sessions when the kids are still in school and most adults still at work. This means most days I've got open space to do anything I feel like doing. I can even do full-sized 2-circle figures without anyone going through my "patch".

vCash
    Technically the freestyle ice I skate on in the afternoons is public/freestyle, but I usually count publics as the morning sessions I sometimes go to.

My favourite thing to do on those is actually my edge patterns. The reason for this is that when I go to morning sessions I seek out an empty one on purpose. Sometimes I will go to choreograph. It's a lot easier to run layouts on empty ice. If a competition is coming up, I might find an empty public to do a runthrough. As long as I don't go near any public skaters that do come in, the staff don't mind.

vCash
    Our "public skating" is different here and no figure skating is allowed. But I will consider this asking about just a general skating session and in that case I like to...

review my dance I will test and then work on twizzles over and over. I also like to chat and do crossrolls and other basic stroking exercises.

vCash
    spin in the middle of the rink.

vCash
    If I go to an empty public session (weekday lunch time when school is in session), I can work on figures or moves in the field/stroking patterns that take a lot of concentration as well as a lot of ice.

On a crowded session, I'll usually only go if I'm joining my niece and nephew, in which case I will skate around and chat with them, and maybe work on some spins and isolated turns in the middle.

vCash
    The public sessions we go to tend to be pretty crowded, so we just stroke around, and sometimes, if we can, do some spins and things in the middle of the ice. We really just skate them for fun, not for real practice.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    This time of year, any weekend or evening public session is packed to the brim, so I'm lucky if I get to do a few spins in the middle of the ice. One rink close to my home has a 9-10:30 session, but I can't go to that unless I take a half day from work. If I go, it's usually empty enough to work as a freestyle session, so I just warm up some moves, work on spins and jumps and do a few run-throughs.