Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    That's the one where a stoned Jimmy didn't catch a falling Karen and Karen got a concussion or whatever. I stopped paying attention to the show and listened to the music.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heckles View Post
    ... never found out what Ivy's going to do about being knocked up. She was talking to Derek in the last scene, but she's always talking to the guy...
    We see them talking at the party, but then later in the montage we see them back at Ivy's place, with Derek's arms wrapped around her and his hand on her stomach. That's universal TV body language for "I cherish you and the unborn child you are carrying." Barf-o-rama, and a totally tacked-on unbelievable character change for Derek ... but I do like to think of Ivy being a Broadway Mother version 2.0 and not repeating all the mistakes her mother made.

I agree that this series suffered from bad writing from the get-go, but I think the worst and least forgivable was what they did with Ivy's character in season 1. The pilot set it up with Ivy being interesting and 3-dimensional, and more than enough reasons to root for her. But then they turned her into diva-bitch for the rest of the season. Then she underwent a miraculous personality transplant over the break, and came back as interesting, well-developed, mature, and with likeability to match her immense talent. Season 2 Ivy is someone I could have watched for years.

I do think the show had some interesting things to say about the evolution of the Broadway musical, too. Even though I didn't care much for the music in Hit List, the concept was really interesting, and it really was a great counterpoint to the old-school Broadway style of Bombshell. But, perhaps more importantly, the music really suited Kat McPhee's pop voice, whereas the Bombshell score was so completely perfect for Megan Hilty's voice.

I too would see Bombshell in a heartbeat -- though of course in real life any actor playing Marilyn would be dead after three nights with the amount of singing required!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12