View Poll Results: Would Ando from 2011 Four Continents and Worlds have beaten Kim in Vancouver Olympics

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2011 Four Continents yes, 2011 Worlds no

1 1.30%
  • Even Ando from 2011 Worlds would have been enough

4 5.19%
  • neither would have beaten Kim from Vancouver Games

72 93.51%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    No lady will ever beat Yuna Kim from olympics unless they are landing clean quads and 3-3combinations in competition

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Huh ? "Better jump quality", "bigger jumps"? Where do you see that? Also I think that what GOE Ando got for her jumps at competitions where Kim didn't compete is absolutely irrelevant.
    If Andofanatic is actually an Ando-hater who pretends to be an Ando fan, those wordings can be understood as as sarcasm.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ehdtkqorl123 View Post
    If Andofanatic is actually an Ando-hater who pretends to be an Ando fan, those wordings can be understood as as sarcasm.
    Wow, that's too complicated for me !

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8ingcoach View Post
    No lady will ever beat Yuna Kim from olympics unless they are landing clean quads and 3-3combinations in competition
    I definitely would not go that far! I do think Yu-Na Kim has always been a better skater than Miki Ando. If a truly special skater like Carolina Kostner were to execute all of her planned content cleanly at the Olympics, IMO, she would far surpass Kim's 2010 performances. There are many qualities of Kostner's skating that I find to be superior over Yu-Na, and Caro's fans and the judges know this, and we all are just hoping that Carolina can realize this on 5 rings ice. Caro most definitely would not need a quad or quads to beat Yu-Na. 2 pristine clean skates from Kostner with a 3+3 combination and all the 5 triples that most women skaters do (the Lutz, flip, loop (which Yu-Na doesn't have), Salchow, and toe) could beat Kim I think.

A SP and LP layout like this could get the job done, IMO:

CK SP:
    3flip+3toe
    3loop
    2Axel

CK LP:
    3Lutz
    3flip+3toe
    3loop
    x3flip
    x3Salchow+2toe+2toe
    x2Axel+2toe
    x3Salchow

Caro may even wish to repeat the 3loop in combination instead of the 3Salchow to potentially earn extra points in the LP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I definitely would not go that far! I do think Yu-Na Kim has always been a better skater than Miki Ando. If a truly special skater like Carolina Kostner were to execute all of her planned content cleanly at the Olympics, IMO, she would far surpass Kim's 2010 performances. There are many qualities of Kostner's skating that I find to be superior over Yu-Na, and Caro's fans and the judges know this, and we all are just hoping that Carolina can realize this on 5 rings ice. Caro most definitely would not need a quad or quads to beat Yu-Na. 2 pristine clean skates from Kostner with a 3+3 combination and all the 5 triples that most women skaters do (the Lutz, flip, loop (which Yu-Na doesn't have), Salchow, and toe) could beat Kim I think.

A SP and LP layout like this could get the job done, IMO:

CK SP:
    3flip+3toe
    3loop
    2Axel

CK LP:
    3Lutz
    3flip+3toe
    3loop
    x3flip
    x3Salchow+2toe+2toe
    x2Axel+2toe
    x3Salchow

Caro may even wish to repeat the 3loop in combination instead of the 3Salchow to potentially earn extra points in the LP.
    Remember how did she do in Worlds 2009 and Olympic 2010 It's even not worth to mention her in here ...

vCash
    It would be intriguing to see how high a clean kostner could score. However I would bet money as good as she is, it wouldnt be close to 230 points like Kim in Vancouver. I tend to agree with the quadruple jumps comment.

vCash
    Ando might have won silver. She would have benefitted from Mao single toe loop like she benefitted from yuna single flip in worlds 2011.

vCash
    Ando with her 2011 Worlds performances would have finished 4th at the Games, but would have deserved 5th, only been placed 4th due to reputation and Nagasu`s lack of. Meanwhile her 4CCs performances would have also finished only 4th at the Games, probably deserving bronze, but placed 4th due to Rochette being on home ice, reigning World silver medalist, and the sentimental factor. Her short program from either event would have had her way back of those, Rochette scored as high as someone will ever score in the short with only a 3-2 combo, and the other two had much harder jumps. Even 2nd in the LP (which I dont think she would have placed anyway) wouldnt pull her any higher than 4th there.

Ando did her best performances in her post 3-3 days at the right time, at events the caliber of skating was poor enough Ando the jumping bean even without her 3-3s can factor, rather than at the Games where the caliber was so high that a skater like Ando without a 3-3 is far too weak to be any factor even with her best skating.

vCash
    Nah I still think 4CCs Ando would have gotten silver or bonze. She was really on at that competition and did the 2a-3t and Mao and Joannie had mistakes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Nah I still think 4CCs Ando would have gotten silver or bonze. She was really on at that competition and did the 2a-3t and Mao and Joannie had mistakes.
    They had mistakes, but had harder programs with more technical content, would have gotten higher PCS, and would have been well ahead (4-6 points anyway) after the SP. Asada did 3 completely clean triple axels over the 2 programs, that was incredible, and would not cause her to lose to Ando with just 2 mistakes and no falls over the 2 programs. She was way stronger than at 4CC where, and she even barely lost to Miki there. Rochette was overmarked due to the variety of factors I noted. I did note Ando from 4CCs 2011 probably should have beaten Rochette with Rochette`s couple mistakes in the LP and also not having a true triple-triple herself, but woudnt have because Rochette had too many non skating related factors going for her.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12