View Poll Results: Would Ando from 2011 Four Continents and Worlds have beaten Kim in Vancouver Olympics

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2011 Four Continents yes, 2011 Worlds no

1 1.30%
  • Even Ando from 2011 Worlds would have been enough

4 5.19%
  • neither would have beaten Kim from Vancouver Games

72 93.51%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Would Ando from 2011 Four Continents and 2011 Worlds have beaten Kim from 2010 Olympi

Miki of 2011 Four Continents and Worlds vs Kim from 2010 Olympics. Yu Na Kim was lucky that Miki Ando was off her game at the 2010 Olympics otherwise she might not have won. Would Miki from the 2011 Four Continents which was her best event of the year have beaten Ando. If yes would she also have beaten Ando with her performances from the 2011 Worlds which werent as good as Four Continents.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andofanatic View Post
    Yu Na Kim was lucky that Miki Ando was off her game at the 2010 Olympics otherwise she might not have won.
    Whattttt??

vCash
    How could Kim beat an in form Ando even in 2011 no longer doing a flip and triple-triples. Kim does no loop and only 6 triples so they are even there. Ando has way better jump quality and way bigger jumps and gets way huger GOE on her jumps, and her spins are better than Kim. Neither is that artistic, but Ando in 2011 was more artistic than Kim too. Kim's only edge is doing more triple-triples and difficult combinations than Kim in 2010 but still not enough.

vCash
    Miki of 2011 Four Continents and Worlds vs Kim from 2010 Olympics. Yu Na Kim was lucky that Miki Ando was off her game at the 2010 Olympics otherwise she might not have won. Would Miki from the 2011 Four Continents which was her best event of the year have beaten Ando. If yes would she also have beaten Ando with her performances from the 2011 Worlds which werent as good as Four Continents.
    Are you kidding me? Mirai even beat Ando at the Olympics and she had no international reputation.

vCash

Considering the nickname of the OP, this is clearly a joke
    No one could have beaten Yu Na Kim at the Olympics, it was the best performances ever (SP + LP).

vCash
    As I recall Miki had a pretty good FS at the Olympics but let's be honest...no one in the world could have beat Yu-Na that night. Yu-Na owned the Olympics in Vancouver...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    As I recall Miki had a pretty good FS at the Olympics but let's be honest...no one in the world could have beat Yu-Na that night. Yu-Na owned the Olympics in Vancouver...
    ITA. It was one of the best LPs by a lady in the Olympics.

vCash
    If we vote yes, can you stop creating stupid polls?
    Last edited by os168; 01-29-2013 at 09:43 PM.

vCash
    No, she wouldn't have.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    This definitely qualifies as one of the silliest threads of the decade. Thanks for the laughs!

vCash
    Yeah, great poll. It's like a North Korean election.

vCash
    Um no. She probably could have beaten Mao for 2nd though, Miki at 2011 4CC was pretty

No one would have come close to touching Yuna in Vancouver, however.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post

Considering the nickname of the OP, this is clearly a joke
    No one could have beaten Yu Na Kim at the Olympics, it was the best performances ever (SP + LP).
    In my poll for whether Kim was best female skater ever 60% of people voted "no" so that proves you are wrong that was the best performances ever by a women at the 2010 Olympics.

Curiously curious
    vCash
    In my poll for whether Kim was best female skater ever 60% of people voted "no" so that proves you are wrong that was the best performances ever by a women at the 2010 Olympics.
    This statement is all kinds of wrong, IMO.

1) One can say that Yuna's Olympics performances were the best ever, without necessarily saying that she was the best ever skater, or even that there is such an (incontrovertible) thing.

2) I think it is as incontrovertible as such things can be that Yuna's efforts were, indeed, and quoting your words above, "the best performances ever by a women [sic] at the 2010 Olympics".

3) My membership in this august forum notwithstanding, I hardly think that the unscientific, ad hoc polls we have here on any of these types of questions should be considered dispositive.

4) My personal views? a) Her Vancouver performances were simply on a different level from any of the others at that event; 2) I believe they were the greatest Olympic skates by a lady, ever; and 3) there is no way either of those Miki Andos would have won over OGM Yuna.

(I cannot believe you made me sacrifice 5 minutes of my life writing this)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Robeye View Post
    This statement is all kinds of wrong, IMO.

1) One can say that Yuna's Olympics performances were the best ever, without necessarily saying that she was the best ever skater, or even that there is such an (incontrovertible) thing.

2) I think it is as incontrovertible as such things can be that Yuna's efforts were, indeed, and quoting your words above, "the best performances ever by a women [sic] at the 2010 Olympics".

3) My membership in this august forum notwithstanding, I hardly think that the unscientific, ad hoc polls we have here on any of these types of questions should be considered dispositive.

4) My personal views? a) Her Vancouver performances were simply on a different level from any of the others at that event; 2) I believe they were the greatest Olympic skates by a lady, ever; and 3) there is no way either of those Miki Andos would have won over OGM Yuna.

(I cannot believe you made me sacrifice 5 minutes of my life writing this)
    Well, I enjoyed the 30 seconds or so I spent reading it....

Curiously curious
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    Well, I enjoyed the 30 seconds or so I spent reading it....
    Ah, the pain that I endure for the ephemeral pleasure of fans.

But I bet you'll be crying "hype!" the moment my logical step sequences loses complexity and coherence, and my adjectives fail to get +GOEs...

vCash
    I would love to see this logic put to use on the LSAT.

vCash
    No, even though Ando was technically good in both of those performances, Kim gave a better performance and had better skating skills apart from jumps.

vCash
    never

vCash
    Ando has way better jump quality and way bigger jumps and gets way huger GOE on her jumps, and her spins are better than Kim. Neither is that artistic, but Ando in 2011 was more artistic than Kim too. Kim's only edge is doing more triple-triples and difficult combinations than Kim in 2010 but still not enough.
    Huh ? "Better jump quality", "bigger jumps"? Where do you see that? Also I think that what GOE Ando got for her jumps at competitions where Kim didn't compete is absolutely irrelevant.
    Last edited by lauravvv; 02-01-2013 at 02:45 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast