Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by madm View Post
    I don't know why there is so much bashing of appliance and heating/AC repairs guy going on here. I have had nothing but the best technicians who are reputable and show me exactly what is wrong. I get referrals from neighbors or else go online to read reviews about them before I call. Another thing I do is to research my problem online before calling a repairman, because sometimes I can find easy solutions to try there (like checking the fuse box) before I spend money on a repairman.
    I don't have a problem with paying for good honest service either, and I don't begrudge paying that money for the work of a trained professional. But sometimes you just can't tell. We had to change repair companies after the one we used to use, which was generally very reliable and trustworthy, hired a lazy relative of the owner (I'm sure it wasn't their decision). And this person consistently showed up late with no idea what the call was about, was never prepared for anything regardless, and usually had to get someone else to come in to do the actual work. We stopped calling them because we were fed up with having our time and money wasted by this goof.

And IME it's not unknown for bad companies or sleazy repair people to post excellent online reviews about themselves.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Cupid, I believe jp1andonly was replying to AlexForrest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post
    Cupid, I believe jp1andonly was replying to AlexForrest.
    Oh, makes sense after reading back.

vCash
    Sorry..that was to Alex....and if I could type better it would have said I would tell my oworkers to not go to his place...meaning alex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12