Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    I want some of what Evan is smoking!

Skating is not an extreme sport and you aren't going to get more people interested in figure skating by pretending it's death defying when it's not.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    If aerial skiiers wore glittery outfits, would it no longer be extreme?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I could see it if they did in the same format as those jumping competitions they used to do. I actually found those interesting and wish they still did them. The skaters seemed to have a lot of fun with it.
    It was called Top Jump, IIRC...I think. It never caught on as a comp. For a couple of years maybe?

vCash
    Re-posting this from the U.S. Men's thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanlysacek View Post
    Here is another topic. Who is the biggest threat to upset Lysacek for the Olympic Gold next? I am not sure if it is Chan or Takahashi or Hanyu. It is obviously Evan's to lose but who has the best chance to beat him with a clean skate if he makes 2 or 3 uncharacteristic mistakes, or perhaps taking into account who of those others is most likely to skate cleanly.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    To 'upset' Lysacek for the Gold? I don't think it is his to loose at all. I think all three you named are more likely to get it than Evan. First, Evan would need to actually show up for a competition, and then he'd need to show a great improvement in skills from the last time he was out on the ice.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    What about that performance someone linked to involving...it was kind of theatrical, involved backflips, headstands, etc? I mean, does 'extreme' HAVE to mean 'stuff once done illegally in construction sites and the kind of antics that annoy serious downhillers at ski resorts' to be valid? Some people like doing tricks that are cool but illegal in FIGURE skating and to focus on how much bigger they can jump. Not something that belongs in USFS competition, maybe, but if there's interest, why not?

(I realize some posters would object to an end to world poverty and disease if Evan Lysacek said he was for it, but setting aside that he makes some people rabid...)

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Headstands are extreme? Well okay. We had those acrobats who were with Champions on Ice for a couple of years and I don't think teenage boys responded to their programs by saying "that looks rad, dude. I'm going to go home and try it!"

A backflip comes off as more of an extreme sports type of move or a headbanger in pairs.

I just think Evan is barking up the wrong tree. I think figure skating is an awesome sport (obviously -- I've been a fan for almost 50 years and even did it myself for a decade) and I think it deserves respect. But that doesn't make it an extreme sport that belongs at the X-games.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12