Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Can an admin please rename this thread before I throw my laptop out of the window in a fit of rage?

THERE ARE OTHER COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD OUTSIDE OF THE US, THANKS.
    Ahhhh, the only reason I opened this thread was to see you freak out. Well done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    How is Patrick Chan not going to Worlds?!?! Or Trankov/Volosozhar!?!? This sucks!

vCash
    I hope someone withdraws from 4CC so Mirai can go, but we know that won't happen. Agnes probably has nothing better to do.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Instead of complaining, people could post who is going from other countries. I'd love to have all the names in one place.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    1) From the Skate Canada website:

Men
    Patrick Chan, 22, Toronto, Ont.
    Kevin Reynolds, 22, Coquitlam, B.C.
    One athlete to be named later.

Ice Dance
    Tessa Virtue, 22, London, Ont. / Scott Moir, 25, Ilderton, Ont.
    Piper Gilles, 20, Toronto, Ont. /Paul Poirier, 21, Unionville, Ont.
    One team to be named later.

Pair
    Meagan Duhamel, 27, Lively, Ont. / Eric Radford, 27, Balmertown, Ont.
    Kirsten Moore-Towers, 20, St. Catharines, Ont. / Dylan Moscovitch, 28, Toronto, Ont.

Ladies
    Kaetlyn Osmond, 17, Marystown, Nfld. & Sherwood Park, Alberta
    2) the Japanese World team (yay, Wikipedia):

Men
    Yuzuru Hanyu, Takahito Mura, Daisuke Takahashi (1st alt.: Nobunari Oda, 2nd alt.: Takahiko Kozuka)

Ladies
    Mao Asada, Kanako Murakami, Akiko Suzuki (1st alt.: Yuki Nishino)

Dance
    Cathy Reed/Chris Reed (1st alt.: Emi Hirai/Marien de Asuncion)

3) South Korea (hat tip to Sylvia)

Men
    Kim Jin-Seo

Ladies
    Kim Yu-Na

Perhaps this post will get the ball rolling?
    Last edited by falling_dance; 01-28-2013 at 07:55 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    Instead of complaining, people could post who is going from other countries. I'd love to have all the names in one place.
    Don't use logic! How dare you!

vCash
    Why does Canada not yet know who they send as their third dance team and third men entry? Given the depth in Canada, I'm positive they had someone place third at Nationals, so can anyone elighten me what's up with that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronLady View Post
    I hope someone withdraws from 4CC so Mirai can go, but we know that won't happen. Agnes probably has nothing better to do.
    Gao's school schedule could interfere with her going.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ballettmaus View Post
    Why does Canada not yet know who they send as their third dance team and third men entry? Given the depth in Canada, I'm positive they had someone place third at Nationals, so can anyone elighten me what's up with that?
    They decided not to assign their bronze medalists to Worlds, at least right off the bat. They assigned gold and silver (where there were two spots) immediately. Chan isn't going to 4C's, but bronze medalist Andrei Rogozine and Elladj Balde are going to 4C's, so SC may be waiting for that result. (Rogozine has the Worlds TES minimums, and Balde still needs the Worlds TES FS minimum.)

The Ice Dance podium is going to 4C's, but I assume Skate Canada is waiting to see if there's any chance that Weaver/Poje will be ready for London. They took a different approach than USFS, which assigned Denney/Coughlin a provisional injury bye assignment (subject to monitoring.) If not, I assume they'll send bronze medalists Orford/Williams, since there's no direct comparison between them and Paul/Islam (the only other Senior team with World minimums) at 4C's.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Quadless
    vCash
    So Canada isn't holding the 3rd sport for Sandhu?

(Hey, a gal can dream, can't she?)
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    wrong thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    They decided not to assign their bronze medalists to Worlds, at least right off the bat. They assigned gold and silver (where there were two spots) immediately. Chan isn't going to 4C's, but bronze medalist Andrei Rogozine and Elladj Balde are going to 4C's, so SC may be waiting for that result. (Rogozine has the Worlds TES minimums, and Balde still needs the Worlds TES FS minimum.)

The Ice Dance podium is going to 4C's, but I assume Skate Canada is waiting to see if there's any chance that Weaver/Poje will be ready for London. They took a different approach than USFS, which assigned Denney/Coughlin a provisional injury bye assignment (subject to monitoring.) If not, I assume they'll send bronze medalists Orford/Williams, since there's no direct comparison between them and Paul/Islam (the only other Senior team with World minimums) at 4C's.
    Ralph and Hill don't have the world minimums? I know it's unlikely they'd be sent due to their placement, but I'm just surprised if they don't have the minimum scores.

vCash
    this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    Jeremy probably declined.
    I concluded the same... (the other option being Jeremy being dropped by USFSA)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Thanks.

vCash
    Wang should have gotten the nod to go to Junior Worlds over Yasmin. Wang had a good year on the JGP while Siraj didn't even compete. Plus Wang has way more potential especially if she can start skating clean in her SP. As usual the USFS uses the standings at Nationals to pick their team and leaves off more talented skaters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Wang should have gotten the nod to go to Junior Worlds over Yasmin. Wang had a good year on the JGP while Siraj didn't even compete. Plus Wang has way more potential especially if she can start skating clean in her SP. As usual the USFS uses the standings at Nationals to pick their team and leaves off more talented skaters.
    Maybe they were questioning their judgement in sending Vanessa Lam on the basis of her strong JGP season last year when she placed behind Wang at Nationals then kind of bombed at JW and wound up 13th. Angela's scores on the JGP were quite a bit higher than Vanessa's last season, though the placements were pretty similar (both 1st and 3rd at their events, then 4th to Vanessa's 5th at the JGPF) and Angela scored higher at Nationals compared to Vanessa last season. I think it's more the situation that if they sent Wang, they'd have to send Miller too as she finished 2nd at the JGPF and also skated well at Nationals, finishing just a couple points behind Angela overall, and where Hicks medaled, she earned and after-Nationals assignment and Cesario skated so well and beat both Wang and Miller at Nationals and deserves an assignment too (and really needs it to get GP assignments next season), but there wasn't room on 4CC to send Cesario and Hicks there without chalking Gao, who really does deserve 4CC after her GP season and skating so well at Nationals too, so it was probably just easier to go with Siraj than having to pick between Wang and Miller. Also, Samantha can't compete on the JGP or go to JW next season, while both Angela and Hannah can, so missing out on JW this year is not a huge deal, they can definitely get JGP assignments next season and may even be able to get senior GP assignments based on their SBs and points accumulated on the JGP

vCash
    But I'd rather cry Nationalism and throw my laptop out the window

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    I have a feeling like we are back in 2012. Ashley is going to end up cleaning the ice like Alissa did last year and Gold will be the top finisher of the two.

YEAH!
    vCash
    It's posted here: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...es-2013-Worlds

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast