Reminds me of the fire in a San Juan, Puerto Rico hotel casino that took place just before Three Kings Day when I was a kid (late 80's?) There it was also said that doors were locked to prevent money being stolen. Very tragic. (((Santa Maria)))
This is just terrible, all my prayers go out to the families of the victims. Will anyone ever learn from these fires
I think the band members & maybe the club owner or manager who ok'd the fireworks need to be charged with manslaughter. The pyrotecnics effect can be created with lights instead of fireworks and of course is 100% safer. Why anyone would think it's a good idea to set off fireworks in a crowded indoor space is beyond me. And it seems to me that a lot of deaths could have been averted if someone in the band had taken control & had made an annoucement to evacuate instead of just saving themselves when they saw the fire. Despicable!
Two band members and both club owners are in jail and should be charged.
Lead me not into temptation. I can find it, and eat it, all by myself.
It makes me sick. Over and over again fire safety regulations are flouted, just about everywhere.
I'm so sorry, beepbeep. I can't even imagine the sorrow and shock.