Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tanith Belbin

vCash

Tanith Belbin

What is Tanith doing these days. I watched the US Championships and she was not comentating. Is she still with Charlie?

vCash
    Tahiti was commentating Ice Dance on Icenetwork.com

vCash
    I love autocorrect

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skipaway View Post
    Interesting nickname for the beautiful Tanith!

BTW, Tahiti Tanith is doing an excellent job commentating and interviewing for IceNetwork.com at Omaha Nats.

vCash
    Oops

vCash
    Lololololo!

vCash
    She is by far my favorite commentator for dance! Very informative, insightful commentary, feel like I learn so much. Would love to see her get an NBC spot for the Olympics...

vCash
    LMAO! i just almost spit my raw veggie smoothie everywhere. lolol

vCash
    She did do GREAT commentary on IN. Also a lot of interviews; MUCH more thoughtful and interesting than any of the vapid interviews they showed on NBC. (Which reminds me: I want to write IN and USFS and tell them about all the GREAT things about nationals this year--Tanith, Michael Buckley, B feed--and the not-so-great--the continuation of useless and annoying NBC commentators; much as I respect Scotty Hamilton, he totally phones it in on commentary).
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Tweeted by @TanithJLB today:
    "In talks" with @Ben_Agosto for a return to the ice later this year. Haven't performed together since 2011! Miss my better skating half.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Tranquillo
    vCash
    She's also been doing some choreography. IIRC she did a program for Hannah Miller and earlier this year she was talking about working with a team (I think pair team, but not sure).
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    I believe Belbin worked with some of the pairs in both Colorado Springs and Boston this past season. Here's a Belbin article that was published right before 2013 Nationals: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    On a daily basis, Belbin works as a coach and choreographer at two rinks in the Detroit area. A skater for whom she's choreographed -- Barbie Long in junior ladies -- will be competing at the U.S. championships. She's also had choreographic input into the programs of several other skaters. In these final days until she heads to Omaha, Neb., Belbin is also preparing for her work behind the microphone, commentating all of the programs in senior dance and serving as co-host of the AT&T ICE Desk [for Icenetwork].

"From the first-place team to the last-place team, there is certainly something to appreciate," she said. "My mentality as a commentator is to ensure that, overall, I'm delivering a positive message, even when a team doesn't skate their best. I try to find at least one or two things to point out where they really excel.

"I've always tried not to talk over the lower-level teams or use them to discuss the teams that are coming up," she added. "Truly, every team has something unique to comment on."
    Article on Ben Agosto (Jan. 2013): http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    She's also been doing some choreography. IIRC she did a program for Hannah Miller and earlier this year she was talking about working with a team (I think pair team, but not sure).
    According to her recent tweets she has been working on some new choreographies recently:

Getting another morning rolling in Colorado Springs! Few more days of choreography & then off to NYC to support Figure Skating in Harlem
    https://twitter.com/TanithJLB/status/319470149331730432

Back home after another fantastic FSH gala. Choreographing with Stephen Carriere this week--can't believe how fast this year's going by
    https://twitter.com/TanithJLB/status/322090612721586176

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Tanith Belbin will be attending/instructing at USFS' National Program Components Camp (Friday, April 19 - Sunday, April 21, 2013 in Charleston, SC), along with Steven Cousins, Karen Kwan-Oppegard, Gig Siruno, Jamie Isley, Suzy Semanick, Daniil Barantsev, Justin Dillon, Paula Wagener, Saga Krantz, Josh Babb, plus Amanda Evora, Alex Johnson and Doug Razzano: http://www.usfsa.org/Athletes.asp?id=473
    Last edited by Sylvia; 04-17-2013 at 08:53 PM.

vCash
    I saw Tanith working with Junior champs Simpson and Blackmer this weekend in Detroit. Looks like she is choreographing their programs this year. Should be interesting to see how her choreography is received.

vCash
    ^^ Nice to see Tanith branching out into choreographing.

vCash
    I liked the step sequences that she choreographed in Donlan/Speroff's SP last season. I'm looking forward to seeing what the does with Simpson/Blackmer.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Tweeted today: https://twitter.com/TanithJLB/status/339795865189363713
    Just confirmed a return to the ice with @Ben_Agosto:Shizuka's "Friends on Ice"! Time to see if these creaky joints can still do their thing.
    Shizuka Arakawa's ice show dates in Yokohama are August 23-25, 2013: http://www.friendsonice.com/

ETA: Belbin recently won the PSA's Sonja Henie EDI award "Presented to a female, professional skater who has brought recognition to the sport in a positive and favorable manner": http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3928541
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-29-2013 at 07:24 PM.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Always happy to see Tanith and Ben on the ice. They always exude such happiness on the ice.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Yipee! Hope there will be videos available!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast