Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Two years ago Caroline Zhang somehow got a pewter medal. Weird things happen.
    Zhang hasn't taken time off for school like Rachael has. Flatt doesn't do the hard jumps now and is even slower then ever and isn't in elite shape for a skater.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fenway2 View Post
    I can't even believe we're debating applause decibels from a 2-year-old competition.
    Hey, you brought it, up so believe it. Nationals are too far in the future. I can't wait for the GPF next week.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Hey, you brought it, up so believe it. Nationals are too far in the future. I can't wait for the GPF next week.
    Touché

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Zhang hasn't taken time off for school like Rachael has. Flatt doesn't do the hard jumps now and is even slower then ever and isn't in elite shape for a skater.
    Referencing Flatt's Thanksgiving blog.....
    http://www.figureskatersonline.com/r...ok-112013.html

"The week off has been great to rehab my back"

Guessing her lower back prevented her from doing some jumps, obtaining levels on elements at sectionals. Wonder if she re injured her back recently.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Who is saying she's going to Sochi? Jammers said she is long past competing for the podium and I argued that a top 4 finish is not impossible.
    You know very well that calling a 4th place finish a "podium finish" is a complete technicality and not what Jammers meant.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    You know very well that calling a 4th place finish a "podium finish" is a complete technicality and not what Jammers meant.
    I have always maintained that 4th place at nationals is a podium finish. Because it is. So kindly stop telling me what I think or "very well know." How obnoxious.

vCash
    …. I can't wait for the GPF next week.
    I can. I'm going to be watching Ashley between my fingers. She competes against Lipnitskaya head-to-head in neutral territory. It will be very interesting to compare PCS, see where one stands against the other on the road to Sochi.

Anyway, not trying to veer OT,

I hope Rachael is healthy. I want to see everyone in perfect fighting shape at Nationals

vCash
    I've never been a fan of Rachel, but good for her going to nationals again. She seems like a nice girl with a good work ethic.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Rachael has THE work ethic.

I am really confused about the upcoming GPF, olympic. I am a fan of both Julia and Ashley. And Mao. And Carolina, although this year I am not really into her programs, so I will be rooting slightly less for her. What I am going to do???
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    ^^^
    Just hope that everyone skates well.
    That way you can be happy, whatever the result.

vCash
    Probably a lot better then you could do LOL. Sorry, but being the 4th best skater in the US hardly seems like total failure. Most of us would be happy to be top 5 in our sport/profession

vCash
    I have always maintained that 4th place at nationals is a podium finish. Because it is. So kindly stop telling me what I think or "very well know." How obnoxious.
    Um -do they actually have four skaters on the podium?
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AxelAnnie View Post
    Um -do they actually have four skaters on the podium?
    Yes.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:La..._Nationals.jpg

vCash
    And besides a 4th place finish at US nationals counts as a spot on the podium.
    As if that has any chance of happening.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolla5501 View Post
    Probably a lot better then you could do LOL. Sorry, but being the 4th best skater in the US hardly seems like total failure. Most of us would be happy to be top 5 in our sport/profession

No one said being 4th place at Nationals was total failure. They did say Rachael making the Olympic team was a pipe dream. To answer back to that statement with "a 4th place finish is totally possible" is just dumb because (a) 4th place doesn't go to the Olympics and (b) a 4th place for finish Rachel is also extremely unlikely. It's "possible" only in the "stranger things have happened" definition of that word but not in the "probable" or "likely enough to happen that it's worth planning for" definition.

Mind you, I would be over the moon if Rachael placed in the top six, but unfortunately think a top 10 is more realistic at this point. I'd be more sanguine about a top 6 if she'd won Coasts instead of coming second and had podiumed at Coupe de Nice.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    nm.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    And Carolina, although this year I am not really into her programs, so I will be rooting slightly less for her. What I am going to do???
    Is Carolina in the GPF? I thought it was Ashley, Mao and 4 Russian wonder-babies.

Back on topic, I don't envision Rachael on the podium, especially without a 3lutz or 3 flip. However, I think top ten is possible, and considering both her school schedule and health issues she has had, that would be a more than respectable result.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammers
    Flatt doesn't do the hard jumps now and is even slower then ever and isn't in elite shape for a skater.
    Obviously you didn't watch Sectionals. She didn't do the hardest jumps, but quite frankly it has been a couple of years since she has looked so physically fit. And compared to Zhang, Rachael looked like Kostner out there.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Flatt landed 3Lz+2T in her free skate both at CP Regionals and Cup of Nice in October.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    They did say Rachael making the Olympic team was a pipe dream. To answer back to that statement with "a 4th place finish is totally possible" is just dumb because (a) 4th place doesn't go to the Olympics and (b) a 4th place for finish Rachel is also extremely unlikely.
    No shit. No one is arguing that 4th place goes to Sochi. 4th place, however, is part of the podium and short of writing the USFS and getting them to overhaul their rules, you're not going to change that fact so accept it.

And if I recall, Jammers said Rachael wouldn't even get close to the podium. I argued that she could place top 6 and that would be "close to the podium." If she's healthy, she could possibly place 4-6, especially if Gao, Hicks and Zawadzki repeat some of their bomb performances this year.

You're an unbelievably angry person. Unclench already.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Flatt landed 3Lz+2T in her free skate both at CP Regionals and Cup of Nice in October.
    This. if Gao repeats her last GP long program performance (which I pray doesn't happen because she's my very sentimental pick for the third spot) and Agnes continues her string of bad long programs, it's not out of the realm that Flatt could pass them at nationals. Don't get me wrong. I don't want Rachael medaling (and I can't believe how much I've defended her on this thread when she's never been close to my favorite) but some people seem so angry that others believe she'll do better than expected. Debate is fine. Being angry with someone's opinion is scary controlling.

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast