Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

vCash
    Wishing Rachael the very best at the Cup of Nice; and during the upcoming season.

vCash
    Me too!

vCash
    GOOOOOOOOOO RACH, GOOOOOOOOOOOOO RACH, RAHHHH, RAHHHH!!!!

vCash
    Ad my voice to those cheering Rachael! I always think of her as being so cute and bubbly in nature, but here is a shot that shows a more serene and beautiful young lady: http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73...386411a602.jpg

vCash
    Rachael attended Kristi Yamaguchi's Always Dream Foundation benefit this past weekend in the Bay Area - here's a photo tweeted by Kristi:
    Skater time! @RachaelFlatt @RudyValGalindo @AlwaysdreamFDN event #literacy #alwaysdream http://pic.twitter.com/MoLlqrrkJ5
    ETA that she mentioned how excited she was about seeing Matthew Morrison perform at Kristi's benefit at the end of her latest update:
    Rachael wrote an update (settling back into Stanford, a bit about skating) for her official site prior to leaving for Cup of Nice this week: http://www.figureskatersonline.com/r...ok-102013.html
    Last edited by Sylvia; 10-24-2013 at 04:27 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Thank you so much Jot the Dot Dot for providing a link to that never before seen haunting photo of Rachael, so that's who she is inside, beautiful on the inside as well as the out.

And thanks to you too, Sylvia, for providing that starlet pic of Rachael with the biggest dreamer of all, Kristi Yamaguchi, whose charity is aptly named.

vCash
    Update:

Rachael finished 9th at Coupe de Nice, which is really great considering she finished 18th in the SP (fell into the boards on her opening 3Z and only did a 2/2 & 2axel), but then redeemed herself in the FS by going for and landing all her planned triples, thereby pulling herself up to 9th overall, not bad, great in fact. jmho.

Now onto Sectionals, and hopefully Nationals! I'm proud of you, Rachael, you're a wonderful role model. *heart*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post
    Update:

Rachael finished 9th at Coupe de Nice, which is really great considering she finished 18th in the SP (fell into the boards on her opening 3Z and only did a 2/2 & 2axel), but then redeemed herself in the FS by going for and landing all her planned triples, thereby pulling herself up to 9th overall, not bad, great in fact. jmho.

Now onto Sectionals, and hopefully Nationals! I'm proud of you, Rachael, you're a wonderful role model. *heart*
    And here it is! Saw this on YouTube, not too bad for a non-professional video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K26ZfyacwEk .

vCash
    ^^^ That's her unfortunate SP from yesterday's live stream.

A better performance of Rachael's SP at Central Pacific Regionals, along with her FS, are both up for Icenetwork subscribers.

I haven't seen a video of her Cup of Nice FS (7th place) yet. She landed all her planned jumps (likely a few underrotation calls): 3Lz+2T, 3F hand, 3Lo+2T, 3S+2T+2Lo, 3Lo, 3S, 2A.

ETA:
    FS protocols are up: 130.18 total, 88.59 in FS with 4 ur calls: 3Lz+2T, 3F< (hand down), 3Lo+2T, 3S+2T+2Lo<, 3Lo<, 3S, 2A<.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 10-27-2013 at 08:17 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I haven't seen a video of her Cup of Nice FS (7th place) yet. She landed all her planned jumps (likely a few underrotation calls): 3Lz+2T, 3F hand, 3Lo+2T, 3S+2T+2Lo, 3Lo, 3S, 2A.
    That bodes well for Sectionals.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post
    Update:

Where did she place in the free skate?

En el trabajo en mi obra maestra, "Bodegón de rosas, las toronjas y el Planetario", que se llevará algún tiempo.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fly On The Wall View Post
    Where did she place in the free skate?
    Seventh, with a score of 88.59 (TES: 45.31; PCS: 43.28).

http://nice-baie-des-anges.fr/images...013/SEG004.HTM

vCash
    Rachael is going to have her hands full at Sectionals. There are at least 3 skaters who can beat her Wang, Lam and Keiser. Luckily Zhang has totally tanked which might save Rachael but 130 points is beatable.

vCash
    A long way to go still but nice fighting spirit in the FS after bombing SP.

Title-less
    vCash
    Kiri Baga did rather poorly at regionals but turned around to get silver in Nice by rearranging the programs to do mainly jumps she could handle. Keiser did the same at regionals, garnering a super high score for the senior ladies event.
    So I'm not surprised everyone is strategizing and rearranging the programs to make out of sectionals. I think there will be some surprises at pacific coast and midwestern.

eta: Flatt's chance at sectional will improve if she can get her spin and step levels up

vCash
    I enjoyed watching her when at the top of her game and wish her well now. Look at others injured - top skaters who didn't keep up with the level of skating required to compete, and their bodies couldn't handle the return - Lysacek, Czissny, Kim - the list goes on. And please excuse misspelling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamSkates View Post
    I enjoyed watching her when at the top of her game and wish her well now. Look at others injured - top skaters who didn't keep up with the level of skating required to compete, and their bodies couldn't handle the return - Lysacek, Czissny, Kim - the list goes on. And please excuse misspelling.
    How has Kim not been able to handle the level of skating required to keep skating? She got injured this summer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    ^^^ That's her unfortunate SP from yesterday's live stream.

A better performance of Rachael's SP at Central Pacific Regionals, along with her FS, are both up for Icenetwork subscribers.

ETA:
    FS protocols are up: 130.18 total, 88.59 in FS with 4 ur calls: 3Lz+2T, 3F< (hand down), 3Lo+2T, 3S+2T+2Lo<, 3Lo<, 3S, 2A<.
    I love Rachel's competitive spirit & Really wish her success at Sectionals, but this outcome supports the position of those who suggested she was not the one who should have gotten this international assignment. A skater who had an "unfortunate" outing and another outing with "a few under-rotations" at last year's qualifying events or during summer monitoring would likely not have gotten the assignment (in fact, they like would not have even been monitored). It is really a USFS issue, not a "Rachel" issue - either make assignments solely based on certain results (which should include summer monitoring closer to the assignments than last year's Nationals), completed elements and technical scores/completed technical elements (not PCS) or at least acknowledge that the assignments are "political" at the end of the day. If you have been out of the game for a couple of seasons, you should start from "go" (Regionals) with no "favors" along the way.

vCash
    deleted

vCash
    I will have to hunt down the videos of Rachael's LP in Nice but it appears from Sylvia's post, the bulk of the UR's came in the 2nd half of the program. It sounds like a conditioning issue to me but good for her for attempting and standing up on 6 triples.

Still, 6 triples, 2 double axels and all her combos including a 3 jump combo only garner 88 points. I think the judges are tanking her in PCS.

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast