Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fenway2 View Post
    I have not personally insulted her, either on this thread or in a PM.
    I didn't suggest that you insulted anybody. I know you didn't. I said that your posts sounded angry even though MacMadame's posts weren't confrontational or aggressive, they simply expressed a different opinion. In telling her that she's angry, you're projecting your own issues at another poster.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 12-17-2013 at 06:14 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I didn't suggest that you insulted anybody. I know you didn't. I said that your posts sounded angry even though MacMadame's posts weren't confrontational or aggressive, they simply expressed a different opinion. In telling her that she's angry, you're projecting your own issues at another poster.
    Good God. Are you actually drudging up a post from last month for a second time? What next a debate between Henie and Cooledge at the 1936 Olympics.My quote you referred to was sarcasm, as those there very things MacMadame did to me for the sole sake of my disagreeing with her Rachael Flatt assessment, I was called stupid, condescendingly told what I was thinking, and even called an idiot in a PM. Again - all because I simply disagree with her. Strangely enough I'm no longer bothered by this exchange since it happened nearly a month ago but I'll just call you Archaeologist Ziggy and carry on my way every time you want to dig up a useless fossil that is well-past its expiration date.

vCash
    I would not be surprised if Rachael went out and did two relatively clean programs at nationals. She has the experience and she has no pressure to perform well. People always underestimated her when she did the Grand Prix series but she would always pull it together by nationals to place top 2.

The problem is even if she were to skate to clean programs, the American judges HATE her and will never give her the PCS or GOE that she deserves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8ingcoach View Post
    The problem is even if she were to skate to clean programs, the American judges HATE her and will never give her the PCS or GOE that she deserves.
    I love people with a strong sense of irony.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    I love people with a strong sense of irony.
    She doesn't deserve high PCS or especially GOE with how she is skating now. She's even slower then before and has never had great skating skills. Only thing i wish is if we could do is take her competitive spirit and install it into some of the other US Ladies who seem to be almost afraid to compete or win.

vCash
    I think Rachael will skate fine at nationals but I agree with Jammers. I watched her at sectionals and Rachael was very slow and labored looking. She's nothing like she was this time 4 years ago...and that's fine. I honestly doubt Rachael is delusional enough to think she could get one of those spots to Sochi. She's going to nationals to soak up the atmosphere and have a little fun. B/c she'll be able to skate pretty much pressure free, I expect her to skate well but I don't expect her to place top 5...I'd be surprised if she placed top 10.

Rachael is skating for enjoyment now. I think that's pretty obvious at this point and for that reason, I don't think her placement matters much. She's just there to enjoy the experience. The fans will be very supportive of her and cheer her on no matter what.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    I think Rachael will skate fine at nationals but I agree with Jammers. I watched her at sectionals and Rachael was very slow and labored looking. She's nothing like she was this time 4 years ago...and that's fine. I honestly doubt Rachael is delusional enough to think she could get one of those spots to Sochi. She's going to nationals to soak up the atmosphere and have a little fun. ...
    I was trying to follow the jump debate and was not able to see the point, since both theories result in a well-off-the-podium result. To summarize, Rachel did 3 lutzes in her fall events, but is now suffering back problems. She turned in an element list at sectionals that included flip combos and solo lutz but attempted none of them, opting for the 3 easier triples. Some folks see this as her likely Nationals list, others argue she will be adding back the lutz and flips for Nationals. Given that Rachel was never a powerful skater and is even slower now, given that she never fared very well in PCS and is getting worse marks now, I don't see any real difference between 3 loops or 3 flips + one solo lutz in terms of her potential placement at Nationals.

As bright as Rachel is, I think, like kwanatic, that Rachel knows this. IMO she is going for one last experience at Nationals to say goodbye to her competitive career.

vCash
    I think Rachael was initially hoping/wishing for much more than a fun experience at U.S. Nationals. But, like so many skaters, she put her heart and soul into doing her best, and her body refused to cooperate. I hope she truly enjoys her experience, skates well, and can feel proud putting her competitive career to rest on a high note.

O-

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    So I kind of have a crazy hope that Mirai gets the 3rd spot. Since no one else seems to want it...
    I have this same crazy hope.

Back OT I think Rachael will try and put forth two good skates at Nationals and be very pleased wherevery she ends up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M View Post
    I was trying to follow the jump debate and was not able to see the point, since both theories result in a well-off-the-podium result. To summarize, Rachel did 3 lutzes in her fall events, but is now suffering back problems. She turned in an element list at sectionals that included flip combos and solo lutz but attempted none of them, opting for the 3 easier triples. Some folks see this as her likely Nationals list, others argue she will be adding back the lutz and flips for Nationals. Given that Rachel was never a powerful skater and is even slower now, given that she never fared very well in PCS and is getting worse marks now, I don't see any real difference between 3 loops or 3 flips + one solo lutz in terms of her potential placement at Nationals.

As bright as Rachel is, I think, like kwanatic, that Rachel knows this. IMO she is going for one last experience at Nationals to say goodbye to her competitive career.
    Flatt stated in her most recent interviews that she was dealing with reoccurring back issues during regionals and sectionals, but had also spent the last month or so doing PT to rehab her back, and hence, the watered down programs this autumn. She is finished with finals at Stanford and has almost a month before Boston, and is back training in Colorado Springs according
    to skaters who train at the Ice Hall.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Per Rachael's own twitter:
    Two days back into training at altitude. Great being back with @csworldarena and @OlympicCtrLife #FriendsandFamily
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    News: Rachael is going to be a sports envoy: http://twitter.com/RachaelFlatt/stat...15802194378753

vCash
    Isn't that what Kwan did, or was she a different kind of envoy?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    Isn't that what Kwan did, or was she a different kind of envoy?
    I think so. It looks like Flatt will be working with the US state department as Kwan did.

vCash
    What does that mean? A Commentator? She's still going to be competing right?

vCash
    It's more like a diplomat. She travels to other countries to represent thegovernment of the US.

Rachel has retired from skating competitions after nationals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    It's more like a diplomat. She travels to other countries to represent thegovernment of the US.

Rachel has retired from skating competitions after nationals.
    It's a State Dept. p.r. position...not an official diplomat ("foreign service officer"). Michelle was a p.r. person for the State Dept., not a "diplomat." Rachael will also be a p.r. envoy, not a diplomat.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    WHAT?!!!!!!! She is such a sweet Girl. What made her retire at such a young age? She's only in her 20's. I hope she knows about what her Fans think of her. That she's such a talented adorable fun too watch Skater. I surely hope she reconsiders.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FSWer View Post
    WHAT?!!!!!!! She is such a sweet Girl. What made her retire at such a young age? She's only in her 20's. I hope she knows about what her Fans think of her. That she's such a talented adorable fun too watch Skater. I surely hope she reconsiders.
    She's going to school fulltime at Stanford and doesn't have the time to practice and compete plus she probably knows that her time as a top contender is long over.

vCash
    Her time as a top contender? Does that mean her time as a favorite Skater?

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast