Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Dream Jobs OTHER Than athletes, actors/actresses

It would be wonderful to win the Oscar or the Olympics but if you exempt being the star athlete and being the star onscreen what is your dream job?

My dream job is to make movie trailers. I love them and feel cheated if I'm late to a film and miss the previews.

Et Vous?

vCash
    Occupational therapist working with children. I wish that I had known about this profession when I was in school, it would have suited me to a "T". I could go back to school, but that is not that financially feasible at the moment. Also, it is a two year masters program and none of the three universities around us offer the program. So, I would have to travel quite a distance.

vCash
    Restaurant food critic

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I'm always fascinated by people who become experts in their field, and get to spend their worklife researching and learning and sharing their findings and knowledge, and who are renowned by their colleagues for their work and expertise. I remember reading an article years ago and one of the people quoted was cited as a squid expert. I thought that sounded pretty cool, no? For awhile, I even had Squid Expert below my FSU user title

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Travel writer. Being paid to travel the world is pretty much my dream job.

Or orchestra conductor. Not only the experience of making beautiful music every day, but the control that a conductor had. (Conductors & music teachers routinely rank highest in job satisfaction and lowers in job stress.)

I used to think movie reviewer would be an amazing job ... but only if you don't have to review the bad movies.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    I used to think movie reviewer would be an amazing job ... but only if you don't have to review the bad movies.
    Oh I think reviewing bad movies would actually be more fun than reviewing good ones. Think of all the snarky comments you could make!

vCash
    - pastry chef with limited hours (restaurant business suck for this)

- horse breeder/sponsoring equestrian athletes.

- teaching university level stuff without having to deal with academia politics or research

- wine yard owner & wine producer

- Foley artist!

Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    vCash
    I would like to be a casting director (not assistant, I'll just skip to the good part) for a company or station that has enough $$ to work on a variety of projects, but not commercial enough to go with stahs over deserving actors. You did say *dream* job .

vCash
    I'd love to be the purchaser/secret ingredient locator for a cooking show contest. And your mystery dessert ingredients are chicken hearts, pixie sticks and turnips! Immense job satisfaction.

Or perpetual student. Someone who can just go to school and learn all day and still pay the bills.

vCash
    My dream job is to be an office organizer.
    I love office supplies and my own office is colour-coded and filed to within an inch of its life. My boss actually offered to pay me overtime to come in on a weekend and help her organize.

Liberal Furry
    vCash
    International Spa reviewer.

Member of the IOC (I'm sure that there are lots of perks)

Professional genealogist
    I know. But I do not approve. And I am not resigned.
    (Edna St Vincent Millay)

vCash
    National Geographic photographer... but only have assignments in nice, tropical climates, LOL

Fashion photographer

Stylists to the stars

Talented and respected clothing designer, ie Very Wang, Tom Ford (so sexy!)

Martha Stewart or Oprah Winfrey, whatever job titles they have. Heck, I'd even do whatever Sandra Lee's doing.

vCash
    Anything that is full time, day shift and with benefits.

vCash
    I'd would LOVE to be an archaeologist and dig around Rome/Egypt/Greece. I don't think it's an actual job but it would be so much fun to play Marie Antoinette and prance around Versailles. I forgot to add in: photographer for pretty/cute things. I don't want to take picture of icky stuff. Yeah, so professional, lol.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    I think I pretty much have mine; just wish it paid enough that I only had to do it 2 days a week
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    I always thought that the ice cream taster position at Ben & Jerry's sounded pretty close to a dream job for me.

And this one is a bit obvious on this board, but one of my dream jobs would be to be a figure skating commentator.
    I'm not spoiled...I deserve all my stuff.

vCash
    I would love to work on the Amazing Race, traveling, figuring out the logistics of where/when to get the legs to flow well.
    Research the tasks (just not actually do them) that relevant to where they are.

vCash
    I'd be really good as a paint mixer. I can tell beiges and greys apart with no problem. Since that only pays about $15 an hour, I guess it would be a corporate strategy consultant. $1,000 a day and you don't have to live with your messes.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Museum curator. It would be the coolest job ever for a nerd like me. Or perhaps an adjunct history professor somewhere. Avoid the research pressures and stress of trying to get tenured.

myhoneyhoney, my cousin is an archaeologist. He also lectures at UF, and a museum in Gainesville, but he also goes on digs andd whatnot. He told me to never get into it.

vCash
    Book reviewer
    Investigative journalist
    Food critic

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast