Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    I wonder what will happen if the USFS lands Worlds during this contract however? Maybe additional TV coverage is in the rider in case that happens. I know they plan on bidding for the 2016 World Championships.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    I'm thrilled with IN having the GP back!
    I'd love for them to show Europeans, too. That way I would only pay for IN instead of both IN & TVTeka.

vCash
    icenetwork.com's acquisition of all U.S. media rights for International Skating Union (ISU) events through the 2017-18 season.
    YAY!!!!
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    So does this mean the GP is back on the Icenetwork?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    So does this mean the GP is back on the Icenetwork?
    Yes. GP, Worlds, 4CC... and select speed skating events (IDEK)

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Great news about IceNetwork getting the coverage back!!

vCash
    Whew! I'm glad I didn't switch to Direct TV. I was really annoyed at Universal Sports this year. I really like Ice Network.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Now all these need are less commentators.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkFeathers View Post
    Yes. GP, Worlds, 4CC... and select speed skating events (IDEK)

Thank God. No more trying to find Russian streams that freeze all the time. So does this start next season?

vCash
    I'm happy I will be able to watch the GP on Icenetwork instead of looking for a link to a stream from Russia or another country. FIOS won't carry Universal Sports so that part of the deal doesn't effect me, would love to see Tanith, Johnny and Michelle doing the commentaries next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    Now all these need are less commentators.
    I have to say that the small amount of Europeans shown on Universal sports TV has been commentary free. Very nice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stjeaskategym View Post
    That's really disappointing that the majority of skating on TV will still be on Universal Sports. It would have been nice to at least get the coverage on NBC Sports Network since that channel is viewable in a lot more homes (without having to pay for a sports package). I was hoping that since NBCSN showed a great deal of Olympic Trials coverage in 2012, somehow figure skating would appear on that channel in the near future.
    With this new contract, there will be more skating on broadcast TV than there has been since the last ABC contract ended in 2004. NBC is committing to show at least 11 hours of USFSA events plus at least 20 hours of ISU events per year. Even when ABC had the rights, more coverage was airing on cable (ESPN and Lifetime) than on ABC itself. Yes, Universal Sports doesn't have the distribution on ESPN or NBC Sports Network, but at least a good amount of coverage will be available on NBC.

vCash
    I just hope IN will hire better commentators than the ones they have now. But please, no Sarah Hughes!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    I just hope IN will hire better commentators than the ones they have now. But please, no Sarah Hughes!
    I can't believe how bad Sarah Hughes is. I think she was more articulate when she was 14.

But yay that there still will be skating on TV!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    I'm thrilled with IN having the GP back!
    I'd love for them to show Europeans, too. That way I would only pay for IN instead of both IN & TVTeka.
    same... i like the icenetwork interface better than tv teka and it's easier to use, but if i can't watch euros live i might stick with tv teka again next season. i loved watching russian nationals in hd too. tv teka also has everything automatically archived which is so much better than icenetwork waiting days to post archived streams.

vCash
    Great news! Do we know whether the agreement includes this year's Worlds and 4CCs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aliona22 View Post
    same... i like the icenetwork interface better than tv teka and it's easier to use, but if i can't watch euros live i might stick with tv teka again next season. i loved watching russian nationals in hd too. tv teka also has everything automatically archived which is so much better than icenetwork waiting days to post archived streams.
    This link has been working for me all week for Euro's. http://html-bin.appspot.com/aghodG1s...IEUGFnZRixoUMM

vCash
    I can't comment on the online part since I don't get IceNetwork or Universal Sports, but for TV, I think this is the best we can hope for. Given that skating is back to being an "Olympic" sport, 11 hours of Nationals and Skate America coverage is pretty good. To me, any other international events would be an added bonus. When you think about it, only skiing among the winter sports get equal or better coverage. Even other Olympic sports such as gymnastics or track don't get this much coverage unless it's an Olympic year.

We might have had more coverage on ESPN, but let's face it, all ESPN is now is talking head shows, Sports Center, and the occasional game.

vCash
    Now if we can only get NBC to stop pre-empting skating for basketball, football and informercials.
    Last edited by judiz; 01-27-2013 at 03:24 PM.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i was so worried about where i would see speed skating

kidding, i love IN. i log in on the tv and it is better than nbc. yes some of the commentators arent good but they are better than scott and sandra so win win.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast