Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Pechalat/Bourzat Retire?

So now we've had two sources saying that Nathalie Pechalat is going to hold a press conference in Zagreb announcing their retirement due to Fabian Bourzat's serious injury.

The Sport 2 (Russian TV channel) commentator said this on air during the Ladies Short Program and Arthur Verner has apparently posted in on his website.

I have put a question mark in the topic title because we won't know for sure until the press conference takes place but there's no reason to think they are both lying, I guess.

I feel really upset by this. They have shown original, interesting, entertaining programs for years and I really wanted them to win an Olympic medal.

YEAH!
    vCash
    OMG, please no

vCash
    No!!!! How awful....

vCash
    No they don't she just said they are going to Worlds

Proof from the press-conference: https://twitter.com/_White_Crow/stat...46700575653888

"Fab's getting better, we're going to Worlds, happy to be here with the team"

vCash

vCash
    Glad to hear that. While i may not be a big fan of theirs it would have sucked to have to retire a year before the Olympics when they are still the favorites for a Bronze medal.

On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    vCash
    I wouldn't have believed it. They're way too competitive. Retiring would have made no sense, even if his injury was worse.

vCash
    http://news.sport-express.ru/2013-01-25/563066/

"Fabian got injured several weeks ago. We did our usual routine and he suddenly felt pain in his leg. At first, it was unclear how serious it was. We tried to skate, but soon it became clear he can't do that - I saw tears of pain in his eyes, and he is not a sensitive man. Then we went to doctors, and eventually decided to skip Euros. It wasn't an easy decision, but our main goal is the World championships. We have to get ready for that. We hope in couple of weeks Fabian will be back on the ice. Meanwhile, I keep busy and enjoy time with my family, which is rare because of my work."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by circuscandy View Post
    I wouldn't have believed it. They're way too competitive. Retiring would have made no sense, even if his injury was worse.
    I agree, they are doing very well. Rumor starters are the worst!

vCash
    Hmmm, why have a press conference at all? Just to update everyone that they still plan to skate at Worlds?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    I agree, they are doing very well. Rumor starters are the worst!
    Agree people got carried away with their imaginations. I think people expect grand announcements to be made when skaters hold press conferences. I think the timing of this one, the day of the FD at Euros where someone will become the European Champion, is just to remind everyone they are still around and just temporarily off the ice. That they will be at worlds as the #1 team from Europe. It's smart.

YEAH!
    vCash
    I'm going to Ziggy for making me worry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Hmmm, why have a press conference at all? Just to update everyone that they still plan to skate at Worlds?
    Maybe because there were rumors flying around that they wanted to dispel?

vCash
    Thank God that`s only a rumour!I am not yet ready to let them go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    Maybe because there were rumors flying around that they wanted to dispel?
    I thought the rumors only started because they announced a mysterious press conference?

vCash
    Way to give people a heart attack.

I was about to request Schoenfelder come out of retirement to skate with Natalie.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Whoever wins here goes into the medal discussion for worlds, so I think it's a "Hey, we would have won this thing if we were here, so don't forget about us!" thing to downplay the importance of the outcome of this event.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    Whoever wins here goes into the medal discussion for worlds, so I think it's a "Hey, we would have won this thing if we were here, so don't forget about us!" thing to downplay the importance of the outcome of this event.
    I would love to see Nathalie just go off on all the podium contenders, like when she said F&S could not win Euros because their matador program wasn't hot enough and Federica was "not sexy."

vCash
    That was scary reading that
    I want them so much to end their career with an olympic medal not like Shabalin though Hopefully they'll be well and healthy for the olympics .Hey if V/M D/W retire after olympics they could have a chance of world gold !

vCash
    I thought maybe they were gonna announce that Fabian needed surgery. But glad to hear he's healing OK.

Nathalie and Olivier would be interesting!
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Could someone explain what exactly is wrong w/Fabian? While I've heard "something" happened to him to keep them off the ice, I haven't heard exactly what it was.

Good luck to them being at Worlds!! Not my favourite Dance team, but they certainly do come up w/programs that make you talk about them, and they will be missed for that whenever they hang up their skates.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast