Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Very sad news. RIP, Mr. Mittan.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Very Sad news.
    He has always been helpfull with all who wanted pictures to create websites.
    I had the pleasure of working with him a while ago.
    My condolances to his family.
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

Quadless
    vCash
    I did not know Mr. Mittan, only his work as I remember a time when if there was a photograph of a figure skater, it was taken by J. Barry Mittan. From reading all these posts and his obituary, though, it's clear that in addition to being a very talented photographer, he was a very kind and generous person. I'm very sorry for his wife and all who knew him.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    "Photographer Barry Mittan remembered for generosity" by Sarah Brannen: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

Golden Skate's tribute article: http://www.goldenskate.com/2013/01/f...-barry-mittan/

Tallahassee updated news article (Jan. 25) that includes an old photo of him "performing on the slack wire for the FSU [Florida State University] Flying High Circus in the 1970s": http://www.tallahassee.com/article/2...four-car-crash
    Last edited by Sylvia; 01-25-2013 at 07:57 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    From the Tallahassee paper's article...

He published eight books of landscapes from foreign countries and had recently returned from Mexico, where he was photographing the country’s hidden cities of the past.
    I hope this book still ends up being made, as those pictures must just be amazing.

Thanks to one and all for adding new links as they appear to the thread.

vCash
    RIP

vCash
    I only just heard about this today when I got a message from Jayne. It is terrible news. I mentioned the point Aussie Williemade about Barry being treated as a bit of a celebrity and signing autographs and selling photos on the train back to Brisbane at the Goodwill Games in my reply to Jayne. Barry was staying with my late sister and me for the games.

We first met Barry at the Vancouver worlds. It was great when he visited me, sometimes alone, sometimes with Jayne. It was always a delight to catch up with Barry and David Carmichael at worlds.
    I last heard from Barry and Jayne at Christmas when they sent me a letter about their doings over the year.

This is so sad.

vCash
    Since I became a fan of figure skating, his photos have been leading me to a wonderful world. Very big loss.
    Cross fingers for Barry Mittan and his family.

vCash
    (Sorry for double posted)

vCash
    I wish people would drive more carefully... His poor family.

vCash
    Nothing has been said about the person who plowed into the back of Barry's car. I wonder what the circumstances were.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345