Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    So Slipchuk was lying.
    Well the Slipchuk quote says "any of our notable or high-profile team members." Laceup says they are all on the National team. One does not equal the other.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    So Slipchuk was lying.
    Not necessarily. He didn't say anything about national team members - here is the quote:

Mr. Slipchuk emphasized that the incident didn’t involve “any of our notable or high-profile team members. Our top skaters do not get involved in things like that.”
    I'm certain that in speaking with mainstream media, he was talking about the skaters they would have heard of, ie Chan, Virtue & Moir, maybe a couple of others. I think it was his way of saying "there's nothing of broader interest here, just a little incident that we can take care of internally, no story for you to pursue."

vCash
    The journalist knew he had a good one when he quoted that. It was one of those things where he intended to say what Jenny said but ended up sounding ridiculous. Lol...

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    I would equate national team with high-profile. "Move along, nothing more to see here." Not that I blame him but damage control is sometimes funny.

vCash
    There are names on the national team that are hardly notable or high profile. But if you are hellbent on insisting Slipchuk was lying than pretend away.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I would equate national team with high-profile.
    That's because you are a skating fan. To the mainstream press, and most of Canada, there are only three skaters on the national team who are high profile.

vCash
    Much rather see two cuties mud-wrestling. Rachael & ElTuk, anyone?

vCash
    I would equate national team with high-profile. "Move along, nothing more to see here." Not that I blame him but damage control is sometimes funny.
    Yes, I think National team is high profile. But can't blame Slipchuk for trying to do some damage control. Most of the skaters involved are off to Worlds, Jr Worlds or 4CC. Not sure how they feel about not being "high-profile"?

vCash
    I imagine if they took a moment to look at a definition they'd say yeah, I'm not high-profile.

high pro·file
    Noun
    A position attracting much attention or publicity.
    Adjective
    Attracting much attention or publicity.

I would say Chan, V&M and now Katelyn Osmond are the most high-profile skaters SC has. Radford had his fluff piece during Nationals so he and Megan got a bit of publicity. Weaver and Poje get some attention. Outside of them no one else on the National Team gets much, if any, publicity. We know about them because we are not average skating fans.

vCash
    Why is there so much brouhaha about who was in the fight? It is amusing because skaters brawling -- particularly Canadian skaters-- is simply ironic. We all know Canadians are too polite to even ask the British Queen to stop ruling them. I don't care who the skaters were.

The police probably didn't arrest anyone. We know Canadian police don't arrest drunk people for beating each other up. They politely ask them to lower the volume, eh. Or if someone did get a little physical and arrested, this carousing person learned a good lesson. Just because they wear costumes and twirl in the air doesn't mean they always have to live like angels.
    Last edited by TheIronLady; 01-24-2013 at 12:27 AM.

vCash
    I just really want to know who was involved so I don't have to pay for the other section of this site where this is discussed

I'd totally have no problem paying if I wanted to go to the other sections but I really only want this detail haha. Mainly because I have a skating coach that won't leave me alone about it until I find out lol.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    then tell your skating coach to pay for their own membership if it's that important
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    If I were a near-top athlete in Canada I wouldn't be too happy to hear that High Performance Director of the association didn't think I was even "notable."

Banned Member
    vCash
    I'm not paying but I have the scoop. I had to laugh that the director said no 'notable' skater was involved. Actually I'm still laughing. What a put down.

Thing is, you can't even shove a person in the US without them saying you assaulted them. In Canada you can cut a bitch and the police just say "Nothing to see here. Clear out."

It's pretty funny, when you get the characters involved. This wasn't some angry, ultra-competitive Canadian ice hockey dad beating the crap out of the coach and the rest. LOL

vCash
    I hear the women can get as rough as the men.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laceup View Post
    Yes, I think National team is high profile. But can't blame Slipchuk for trying to do some damage control. Most of the skaters involved are off to Worlds, Jr Worlds or 4CC. Not sure how they feel about not being "high-profile"?
    Exactly. Of course I get reamed over saying this.

Quote Originally Posted by cbd1235 View Post
    I just really want to know who was involved so I don't have to pay for the other section of this site where this is discussed

I'd totally have no problem paying if I wanted to go to the other sections but I really only want this detail haha. Mainly because I have a skating coach that won't leave me alone about it until I find out lol.
    There are other websites, which I can't name due to banhammer.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    There's nothing going on in the other thread worth paying for IMO.

vCash
    "Skatamania's runnin' wild, brotherrrrr!"

-- Hulk Hogan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12