As The Iron Lady, I am very offended by all the pornography I have to look past in order to read these Russian skating articles. I think we should go back to Victorian times.
I just hate that i completely forgot how to read Russian...
To sum up both articles.
The first one is an interview with Morozov:
- he feels I/K were robbed at Russian Nats and that there are politiks against him
- he says again that Menshov should've been sent to Euros and that nobody would have even looked at Kovtun without Tarasova's influence
- he went to Japan to rework Daisuke's SP
- his daughter was with him recently and doesn't really attend school. She just sends her homework via e-mail to her teachers and Morozov himself doesn't know whether that's alright or not, he trusts his daughter.
The second article is an interview with Kustarova:
- she complains about the judging system and politiks (Durnev politicking for Zhulin, criticizes that Durnev has never skated himself but is a technical specialist)
- she agrees that I/K should've won Russian Nats over B/S
- she accuses Tarasova of politicking in favor of Zhulin's group
- according to her, Monko/Khaliavin only left her for Zhulin because Tarasova told them too. She implies that probably the same happened to B/S.
- Zhulin never said "Thank You!" for having given him "ready" skaters and she says that Zhulin has never prepared any couple from scratch but took already "finished" skaters from other coaches
Sounds like a lot of sour grapes to me. Also her comments on B/S aren't particularly nice. I can't recall B/S trashing Kustarova ever. They always were thankful in interviews even after they left her.
"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."
Why should I/K have won Russian Nationals? Any one with sight knows their programs, especially the FD, are AWFUL!!! Plus it is not like they have made any stunning technical progress in the last season, unlike B/S who have improved vastly.
Sounds more like they want politics to prevail over common sense!
I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.
I love B/S but I don't see them vastly improved..I just see them well sold and having clever choreography,but the things I wanted to be fixed are still there.Lack of connection and projection is still there,but the last part of the music is so powerful that helps them hide it.
Oh,and for some particular reason I like I/K FD while I never liked them in the past...Probably bad taste in my part,but I came to consider them as better skaters after all..Put one and two together,I think the teams are practically equal right now..
Morozov can't admit his "masterpiece" is holding I&K back. The first half of their Nationals FD performance actually shows that I&K are technically superior to B&S, but the second half just kills the whole thing.
As for Kustarova, she's probably pissed because now it's obvious to everyone that she was holding B&S back. I mean, how many seasons were B&S struggling to do that same catch foot twizzle sequence cleanly? Then they go to Zhulin, he immediately changes the first position, and they start doing them consistently. That's got to hurt for Kustarova. Plus, all everyone is talking about this season is how much better their packaging is with Zhulin than it was when it was her doing. Not good for her business.
Euros is very competitive in dance. For all the talk of b/s improvement they are not seen as likely winners because of their awful showing at the gpf where they came in last in the fd. The fall and levels still show they need a few mode years to get it together. Euros is must win for them. If they don't win it would probably be terrible for them.
I wish people would stop bringing up and discussing anything that Dadygin comes up with. I highly doubt any skater/coach actually spoke to him.
Politiking in Russian figure skating. Who knew?
About what Kustarova said, this makes her look even crazier (and this is comparing her to the crazy woman who said that Bobrova and Soloviev should have beaten Virtue and Moir)
Obviously she'll say that IK should have won because she hates BS because they left her. And why would Tarasova politick for Zhulin's group? Zhulin didn't make the changes to the SD that Tarasova suggested.
And why does Zhulin have to send Kustarova a thank you note for giving Ekaterina her posture problems? Anyway, Bobrova and Soloviev have always been so thankful to Kustarova. In every interview, they say the nicest things about her and how she was like family to them. It breaks my heart to see her turn on them so easily. It's not like she has anything to gain from it. Sinitsina and Zhiganshin are nowhere near the level that Bobrova and Soloviev are.
How old is Morozov's daughter?
12How old is Morozov's daughter?
Haven't they done this every year since COP began and a score card showed where points are actually awarded?