Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    I found this very disturbing. But, I think it's good to get this information out there.

In a cubbyhole next to Lauren Sheehan's bedazzler
    vCash
    This podcast along the others are up on iTunes for download now:

iTunes link

vCash
    I think he said one bad word once, and it was used descriptively, not to swear or be vulgar! Dan Hollander used colorful swear language as well during his responses, so singling out Lease seems juvenile.

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Okay, I give Jenny the benefit of the doubt that she didn't intend to make a swipe.
    I didn't take it as a swipe. My interview with him was not focused specifically on coaching styles, or abusive relationships specifically. We acknowledged and talked a little bit about the abuse, but then moved on to his professional career. I think it was perfectly valid for D/J to expand on the abuse topic. Clearly there was a lot more content there to discuss.

As for the language, the cursing doesn't bother me (pretty minimal really), though I'm not sure how they are rating their podcast on iTunes. If there's any cursing at all they can't get a "clean" rating on iTunes . . . those are iTunes' rules. Of course, D/J they may not care about that at all, so it's possibly a moot point. It's up to them really.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    Thanks for weighing in manleywoman. Yes, Dave and Jenny take a different approach that is interesting and valid. I didn't notice much swearing either during the podcast. I thought it was a great interview, and Dan was very thoughtful and forthright. I don't recall hearing him give many interviews during his skating career, so I never really got to know his personality. His show numbers have been quite brilliant and hilarious.

Banned Member
    vCash
    I don't recall any swearing tbh. Did he say 'skate like shat' or something? BFD. Dave is incredibly insightful, witty, and bright. And Jennifer is too. I love these podcasts. Yeah, sometimes I'm getting a "ooooh, let's not go there vibe, keep it on the up and up" but they are trying to balance a REAL interview with a boring one where someone says "I just want to skate my best....". They are finding the right compromise, IMO.

And I was incredibly impressed with how mature Dan Hollander came across, since I remember that Mrs.Doubtfire number and didn't know what to expect. I'd put my kid in his hands as a coach. This was Jennifer's and Dave's best interview yet.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
    Whoever Dave is needs to clean up his language.
    What did he say? I watched the interviews w/Tai and Tim and listened to Rudy's, haven't gotten to Dan's yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    What did he say? I watched the interviews w/Tai and Tim and listened to Rudy's, haven't gotten to Dan's yet.
    Guys, it was a total non-issue. Dave was quoting Scott Hamilton about how to be a champion you either have to be "an idiot or an asshole"-- meaning not very in touch w/ the pressure/expectations or ruthless about winning. I think at some point Dan might have said he skated "shitty" at a particular event but I might be remembering incorrectly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alfongsucks View Post
    Considering that Slavka coached Diana .....who coached Julie Berlin who coached Alissa.
    FWIW, Diana Ronayne coached both Amber and Alissa Czisny before either began working with Julie Berlin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12