View Poll Results: Choose your favorite USA lady of the 1980s (the Reagan years 1981-1988)?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Elaine Zayak

3 4.05%
  • Tiffany Chin

10 13.51%
  • Roslynn Sumners

4 5.41%
  • Priscilla Hill

1 1.35%
  • Vikki de Vries

0 0%
  • Debi Thomas

30 40.54%
  • Caryn Kadavy

22 29.73%
  • Jill Trenary

3 4.05%
  • Jerri Campbell

1 1.35%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Rosalynn was the most boring skater of all time. One of my least favorite skaters ever, sorry to offend some people on this forum like skateboy and Olympic who love her. I am so glad she choked at the 84 Olympics and made those 4 or 5 mistakes she apparently needed to lose the Oly Gold (considering she missed by only .1 even as it was) as the thought of all the attention she would have gotten as a pro all those years as an Olympic Champion is more unbearable than even the thought of Nancy Kerrigan being the Olympic Champion of Lillehammer (which for the record I think Nancy should have been, but am glad as heck in another sense she wasnt).

I loved all of Chin, Thomas, and Kadavy but I would pick Thomas. I loved everything about her, her feisty and in your face personality and skating style, her athletic, her line and power on the ice, her great basics and the quality of her spins and other elements, how she was having a great education and went on to a great career all through this. I like de Vries, I am sorry her career fizzled out after 82. I am one of the few on this forum who seems to actually like Trenary, and I felt bad her career kind of got stuck between two eras, then again while I like her there are many more talented skaters than her who never got a World title, so she didnt end up too badly off. Hill, Zayak, Campbell, I dont have any strong feelings of love or dislike either way.
    Are you referring to me?? Good God, no! Roz is definitely NOT a favorite of mine! She's an all-American version of Laura Lepisto.

I actually preferred Elaine in the early 80s. There was something so earnest and sincere about her skating that made me pull for her. Later in the 80s, I liked Debi for many of the aforementioned reasons, but I also liked Caryn Kadavy who hailed from my hometown!

94.500.000 kílómetrar frá sólinni (og enn frekar frá stjarnfræðilegur læsi).
    vCash
    Sumners is one of my favorite skaters. I love her free skates from 1982 US Nats and the 1984 Olympics. Very polished, effervescent, and musical.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by falling_dance View Post
    Sumners is one of my favorite skaters. I love her free skates from 1982 US Nats and the 1984 Olympics. Very polished, effervescent, and musical.
    I don't get the Rosalynn hate. I think in 1982-1984 she was pretty good in a throw back to Tenley Albright way. A couple things about her were bad: her air position on her jumps and her inflated estimation of her own greatness. She was not on the level of Tiffany Chin, and that may be why people are so harsh toward her.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12