Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    I'm sure there will be SO's for everyone who deserves it
    We've been practicing for months.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    I think people get too upset too easily about silly tongue in cheek remarks. We will be fortunate indeed to have all these teams competing in London, and I'm sure there will be SO's for everyone who deserves it
    This old ladies tongues and cheeks are bad with other things Who care if you sit or stand or sleep when give ovation or not give ovaton? there is lot off people in arena. You not only one celebritis in stand. if you sit and someone in front of you stand the views is bloked but your seat will be hot. You can stand if you will feel hot with Carmen then cool air will come and cool old ladys seats

vCash
    After watching the fd a couple more times I have to say that I don't like the music change they've made in the middle of the program... I think it sounds weird

vCash
    Wow this thread is a mess.
    Marikat when I first realized what they did with the music I didn't really like it either (I wonder what made them do that cuz it was better before), but now it's kinda growing on me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    In protoclos from all events from this season it was - Sp (because they didnt change there foots). So for this spin ints 2 rotations in the same positions is enough. But in protoclos from Nationals its CoSp (its when couple change there feet during spin) so in CoSp they need to do full 3 rotations in every position. So what is truth? Did they change spin after GPF? I didnt see this.
    I have a really stupid question. How Tessa and Scott's spin could even be level 4 if there is no change of direction, or change of foot? I hadn't noticed this before, but I reread the rules, and, according to them, if there's no change of direction in the spin, it must have "4 different difficult variations from 3 different basic positions" (with at least 2 rotations in each variation) to be considered level 4. If there are just 3 different difficult variations from 3 different basic positions (with at least 2 rotations in each variation), then it must have a change of direction. Otherwise, if there are 3 different difficult variations without change of direction, it's level 3. And a combination spin must have both a change of foot (obviously, otherwise it's not a combination spin), and a change of direction (plus, at least 3 rotations in each variation) to get level 4 if there are just 3 different difficult variations. Again, without change of direction, it's level 3. So, honestly, I don't understand this. Or am I totally missing something?

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    So I wonder if Eurosport will cover the Nationals & we can hear what they have to say about the changes......
    Nationals are usually only broadcast in their own country. I doubt they will be broadcast outside of Canada. I've never heard of Eurosport showing any nationals from any country. They sometimes broadcast 4CC, so maybe we will get their opinions on the changes then.

vCash
    I tried to post earlier but my session timed out and my post was lost. Aargh.

It was a great weekend of skating, lots of highs (and a few lows, like P/I's fall in the FD and Amelie's struggles). I won't make any comments about the judging or judging system, because it's kind of immaterial to my enjoyment of the skating itself in this case. Re: Carmen, I found it thrilling to watch because they’ve captured some of the things I most appreciate in contemporary and classical dance off the ice – superb technique supporting physical movement that tells a fundamental story, expressing the emotions of the story in a visceral way. The movements have meaning, they have great detail, and they work in tandem with the music all the way. So difficult, and so beautifully done. Very happy they’ve gone this route.

Off the ice? IDK, Marina has a little dog that she carries in a designer bag which has a small plastic inset for the doggie to see out. She walked by me as I was standing in line in the concourse and I wondered what that odd pattern was on the end of her very chic bag, then when she stopped a few feet away I saw that it was the dog’s face pressed up against the plastic. The dance practice at the community rink seemed very friendly. Before practice, Scott was joking around with Patrice Lauzon and Aaron Lowe, and Marina likewise with Carol Lane. After Tessa and Scott took their FD starting position Tessa broke character and skated off behind Scott to pick up something from the ice leaving him standing there, causing Carol Lane to call out teasingly to Scott; they both laughed. Asher Hill struggled with a couple of elements in his runthrough, including a twizzle fall IIRC, and Scott stopped to speak with him and pat him on the back. (After Asher’s SD error, and remembering those earlier problems I wondered if he was sick this week. Hope that wasn't the case.) Paul MacIntosh sat with the Virtues and Moirs to watch the junior free dance, nice to see. Watching Igor with Barova/Stoll (new junior pairing), then Marina with the Hasegawas was interesting to say the least. Wonder how that went backstage.
    Last edited by flowerpower; 01-22-2013 at 03:40 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    After reading the above, it saddens me to learn that's how you feel, PDeb. I understand that you take a lot of pride in the skaters from your country (as do most skating fans), but I was under the impression that you were a fan of figure skating as a sport, and that you could and would show appreciation for well-skated programs, regardless of the skater's/team's nationality.

That type of planned display in the audience (the one in your post quoted above) is the kind of classless behavior I would expect from someone like Lissa, who seizes any opportunity to make one venomous post after another about Davis and White. Although you don't engage in that level of hatred and spewing of bile, if you're seriously intending to engage in the above behavior at the upcoming World Championships, I apparently was wrong regarding my opinion of you, and that's a disappointment -- I thought you were a better person than that.
    Guess I should have added an additional icon -- the winky one. I presumed (incorrectly apparently) that the smiley one was enough for people to know my post wasn't meant to be taken seriously. It was meant to be a "funny" back at pani who had made a comment about Canadians giving a standing O to Meryl and Charlie. Apparently she understood that I was just "funning" and that it wasn't meant to be taken seriously. Once again, the written word wasn't taken in the vein that it was meant and if you are offended, then I'm sorry to hear such.

As for being at World's -- well that won't be happening even though I live quite close to London. I will have to make do watching it either on my TV or the computer.
    Crazy about sports!

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    Not a surprise but I would've liked to see them try for 4 world titles. I don't want them to retire at all though.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Not a surprise but I would've liked to see them try for 4 world titles. I don't want them to retire at all though.
    I'm not surprised either, but I'm not ready yet at all. This may be worse for me than U/Z's retirement from eligible skating in 1994. At least with them, I was able to continue to watch them on the pro-circuit. We only had about 4 tv channels, and I still got to watch them what felt like 2 or 3 times a week there for awhile!

Even though I get nervous when they compete, I've decided I'm going to go to Canadian Nationals in Ottawa next year. I think I'll regret it if I don't.

vCash
    Well they didn't quite come out and say they definitely won't compete in 2014 Worlds but it does sound pretty close to being final. Drats! I understand that they need to begin the next part of their lives sooner than later but I will definitely miss them when they do leave the sport. It will be a bit less sunny in the sport for me -- at least for a while. All the more reason that I'm thankful so have seen them a few times live and here's to hoping I can get at least one more live glimpse of them next season.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marikat View Post
    After watching the fd a couple more times I have to say that I don't like the music change they've made in the middle of the program... I think it sounds weird
    I had the exact opposite reaction. The part with the music change is one of my favorite little bits of the program now.

vCash
    Even though I know it coming I'm not prepared at all for it
    I will sure miss seeing them skate competitively. They are by far and away my favorite skaters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    I had the exact opposite reaction. The part with the music change is one of my favorite little bits of the program now.
    me too- I love the changes- it seems to flow better- you know I forget its ice dance- and there are elements- i just see them and the music.... i LOve this program- I actually think it really highlights scott- he just shines - with his lines and such-i usually watch tessa but with this dance i cant take my eyes off him!

vCash
    I can't, I'm not ready to face this reality. How do I start preparing for the retirement of the team that basically introduced me to figure skating. Like who do I root for after they're gone (well I like more skaters now, but it's just not going to be the same). I have to find a way to travel to Canada next season to see them, even though my family will think I've lost my mind lol.

Anyways, they got made Canadian athletes of the weekend http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2013/...cott-moir.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    the kind of classless behavior I would expect from someone like Lissa

I thought you were a better person than that.
    Wow, what is this, our weekly lecture in morality? This is a personal attack to both Lissa and Professordeb. If you have a remark on a post please take off your preachy mask first, and I politely suggest you to take a look into the outside world to see what a "good" or a "bad" person really is.
    Sorry for the unpleasant interruption. Carry on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriajh View Post
    me too- I love the changes- it seems to flow better- you know I forget its ice dance- and there are elements- i just see them and the music.... i LOve this program- I actually think it really highlights scott- he just shines - with his lines and such-i usually watch tessa but with this dance i cant take my eyes off him!
    Me three. Love that transitional bit now. I never really ^noticed^ the transition between these segments before, but this time I went back and watched it three times. The flow in this dance is becoming superb.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    I have a really stupid question. How Tessa and Scott's spin could even be level 4 if there is no change of direction, or change of foot? I hadn't noticed this before, but I reread the rules, and, according to them, if there's no change of direction in the spin, it must have "4 different difficult variations from 3 different basic positions" (with at least 2 rotations in each variation) to be considered level 4. If there are just 3 different difficult variations from 3 different basic positions (with at least 2 rotations in each variation), then it must have a change of direction. Otherwise, if there are 3 different difficult variations without change of direction, it's level 3. And a combination spin must have both a change of foot (obviously, otherwise it's not a combination spin), and a change of direction (plus, at least 3 rotations in each variation) to get level 4 if there are just 3 different difficult variations. Again, without change of direction, it's level 3. So, honestly, I don't understand this. Or am I totally missing something?
    I *think* theirs is not combination spin? Or am I missing something too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    I *think* theirs is not combination spin? Or am I missing something too
    V/M's spin is not a combination spin. During the first three competetions this season, it was called a spin. For some reason, at this competetion, it was called a combination spin.

Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast