Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
    Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ballettmaus View Post
    That's a mature comment especially considering that you just accused D/W fans of complaining about something...

Anyway, if you'd read properly, you'd have seen that no one's complaining about anything. People have just pointed out that interruption of any kind should receive a deduction. It's not about V/M. It's about the general situation of interrupting a program.

That said, I really do hope that it was "just" a cramp for Tessa and nothing more serious.
    i was just joking i thought i made that obvious. i dont really think that.
    lighten up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    Just wanted to say that although I am a Davis and White fan, I have immense respect for Virtue and Moir and I am so sorry Tessa has an injury. I hope she will be 100% asap. There might be some who are unpleasant about what happened, but please don't think all DW fans are that way. We aren't. They're both incredible teams, and we are so lucky to live in a time when we can enjoy them both. Best wishes to all.
    That's a very nice post, Holley!

I wonder if the cramp has something to do with the spin? With the changes, it seemed like the part where Scott holds Tessa's blade makes Tessa's foot come in a lot closer to her body than before. Though the cramp didn't happen til a bit later, maybe that's what set it off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post

I wonder if the cramp has something to do with the spin? With the changes, it seemed like the part where Scott holds Tessa's blade makes Tessa's foot come in a lot closer to her body than before. Though the cramp didn't happen til a bit later, maybe that's what set it off.
    Agree, Holley! Very nice

That occurred to me earlier.

vCash
    agree, that is a lovely post, Holley

Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post

interesting point, sap5. I hadn't thought about that.

I don't know if this sheds any further light on what happened, but I just thought I'd post a quote from Tessa on what happened today:

"I just had some cramp in my legs to deal with. I'm glad we collected ourselves and kept pushing through the program," Virtue said.

(http://www.tsn.ca/figure_skating/story/?id=415684)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Hi, SidelineSkater. Look, I do not think you are gloating either, but here's the thing, right now we are all very worried about Tessa. We don't care they lost, we certainly don't care about Worlds right this minute and, trust me, we could not possibly care less that DW won or whether DW got at standing ovation. I don't give a damn about Davis and White right now and I do not care to see their police here at this moment. It's nothing personal, trust me, but a fan war right now is totally uncalled for. I do disagree with certain things Pani says and I have told her so in the past, I disagree about people insulting DW, I've said so in the past as well. But, you see, this is VM thread, and even if I disagree with certain things that are said, those people have the right to say them here, correct? You, however, are picking a fight at a very bad moment and I find that disrespectful. Hey, we can discuss all you want later, we can match wits and whatever later, now, though? We're VERY worried and I would appreciate it if you showed some courtesy and backed off a bit? I think you do sound sincere, but really, come defend DW another day?
    Very well said, Golighty!

It is not the time nor the place for these types of comments. I understand the need to defend your team, but do so in your own thread please - this is a V/M fan thread. We try our best to try to prevent this thread from being about vilifying D/W, but like Golighty said, it is their prerogative to post those type of comments here.

And thanks Holley for that nice post - I think we're all cognizant of the fact that not all fans are alike.

On to more important matters ... The new thread title: I love both "Love is not a victory march" and "London Calling", although the latter is more apropos?

vCash
    they probably didnt have enough rest prior to the FD competition. they probably trained for and practiced Carmen more than they should have since it hasnt been received as well as it should by the judges in their competitions with D/W. it wouldnt surprise me if that has been the circumstance prior to the FD, knowing their perfectionism for their programs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rvi5 View Post
    The links to the various skates and the medal ceremony was posted in the 4CC Ice Dance FD thread at GS by mao88. Here are the ceremony links copied here...

Part 1, Part 2
    Thank you so much, rvi5! I find it amusing how much of an interest the camera operator took into Scott's hand on Tessa's hip during the ceremony

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    they probably didnt have enough rest prior to the FD competition. they probably trained for and practiced Carmen more than they should have since it hasnt been received as well as it should by the judges in their competitions with D/W. it wouldnt surprise me if that has been the circumstance prior to the FD, knowing their perfectionism for their programs.
    Yes, they are perfectionists, and it will be perfect for Worlds. This is what I believe!
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Here is my interpretation of the event...

Tessa is having trouble with her cramp and told Scott about it mid skate, but pushed to continue.

Scott while getting into the lift said "I can't do it" because he does not want to put Tessa into more possible pain.

They stopped, Tessa nursed her pain and decided she could continue and did.

They rocked it giving the circumstances.

I have nothing but admiration for Tessa and Scott, and find it hilarious the haters are having a field day. Oh so predictable haters, at least come up with something new like this is an elaborate plan to not win anything this season so they can have another fairytale ending next year in Sochi to top Vancouver and sell more books while sign a personal copy for their next for sure getting invited dinner date with the Queen.

vCash
    I haven't watched it yet but I heard of course. I must admit I was dreading coming here and reading doom and gloom negativity, but I'm proud of us for the most part I think we're optimistic and realistic especially after the initial shock wore off. First off get better Tessa whatever the issue and don't ever jepordize your health for skating. It's just skating after all. Next I believe they will be ok and I still believe they can and will win worlds if they perform it. Carmen is an epic masterpiece that just can not be denied if they no what is good for this sport. SD blows me away as well what a treasure it has become. Lastly 'people' wanna gloat and be ignorant let them. They can stand and laugh but they can never take away the FACT that V/M are 2 time World Champs and Olympic Champs forever and ever period. They have changed this sport, they are loved, admired and respected not only by fans world wide but by their peers. They are legends and this incident doesn't change that. So point and pass judgement when you have no idea and never could because you are not her. Injuries can happen to anyone at any time just remember that. Worlds, the one that matters and can change everthing is still to come.

BTW I love both titles for the new thread as well. I probably would be hands down for 'London Calling' but given the circumstances the other seems fitting.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post

Tessa is having trouble with her cramp and told Scott about it mid skate, but pushed to continue.

Scott while getting into the lift said "I can't do it" because he does not want to put Tessa into more possible pain.

I have nothing but admiration for Tessa and Scott, and find it hilarious the haters are having a field day. Oh so predictable haters, at least come up with something new like this is an elaborate plan to not win anything this season so they can have another fairytale ending next year in Sochi to top Vancouver and sell more books while sign a personal copy for their next for sure getting invited dinner date with the Queen.
    w o w their haters are so ridiculous

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post

i think tessa was the one that really asked to stop, not scott. if you look at their movements after that aborted lift, it looked like scott was ready to continue but tessa wasnt. that's why, after that aborted lift, i really think scott mouthed "it's okay, it's okay", not "i can't do it", to assure tessa that even if she didnt want to do the lift, they can still continue with the rest of the program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    i think tessa was the one that really asked to stop, not scott. if you look at their movements after that aborted lift, it looked like scott was ready to continue but tessa wasnt. that's why, after that aborted lift, i really think scott mouthed "it's okay, it's okay", not "i can't do it", to assure tessa that even if she didnt want to do the lift, they can still continue with the rest of the program.
    Yea, I agree that it looked like Scott was about to continue, but was unsure about it . My initial impression was that they communicated that they'd skip the lift and continue, but then Tessa couldn't. That would make sense if it looked like he said "I'm sorry" after, because he looked like he intended to keep going.

It'd be really interesting to hear what they say if they had mics on. Not necessarily this event, just like, their key words and communication in general.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    Goldenskate is not the best place for a V&M fan to be until the 2014/2015 season. Don't go there if you don't want to be upset.

But not all D&W fans are assholes just like not all V&M fans are assholes. I hate it when we all get lumped together so it's not right to do it to them.
    I agree - I am probably going to stay away from that place for a while. It just gets me angry. Honestly the only place right now that seems safe from the haters is the Tessa and Scott facebook group.

vCash
    If anyone's awake, this is a Eurosport link to the gala...
    http://88.80.15.211/b00ha/20130207/v...04-521679.html

Virtue and Moir are there.

vCash
    bmcg, I, too, hate it when all fans get lumped together. Thankfully, only one person seems to be doing that here.

and thank you so much, Fort! That is great news!

vCash
    Guys, feel sorry, I forget post about standing ovations for DW. I was so busy with thoughts about Tess
    a and miss one word in my message. I am sorry my message start all this war. If someone could watch gala, please post how Tessa look like

vCash
    hauntingly beautiful. Tessa was exquisite. *chills*

ETA: Now that I have found some words, I just wanted to add that Tessa seemed to be smiling and dancing to the beat in the finale. It was really nice to see that. The girl always puts on a brave face, but I am going to take this, and the fact that they skated in the gala at all, as a good sign.

and walei, I thought your post was sooo funny! thanks for that, I needed a good laugh
    Last edited by Bournekraatzfan; 02-11-2013 at 08:46 AM.

vCash
    I hope the fsu VM thread can be like a VM bubble... just as they have one, we have can form one too. Actually, the only time I ever hear about the "negativity" is when it's reported about in here. Wouldn't it be the dream to just cut out that drivel by not repeating it over and over?...repetition reinforces and strengthens the reach of all that negativity. We do have some power here to limit its reach. I also suggest that we save a future thread title for something about a bubble, like "our bubble", or "the VM bubble", referring to not only a place to celebrate VM but also a place to celebrate the VM fan, a place that can be safe and positive, with constructive dialogue and connections made.

eta: I'm still for "love is not a victory march". Also, reflecting upon what I just wrote, diversity of opinion is important too...I suppose that negativity would come with that. Oh dear, the freedom-of-internet-speech is a tricky one.
    Last edited by jl22aries; 02-11-2013 at 09:11 AM.

vCash
    Hello all, T/S were just wonderful in exhibition, and I was so happy to see smiling Tessa at the end!

Anyways, I just wanted to cheer you up, guys.
    Some pages before we talked about Tessa and My Little Ponies ( ) and even didn't know WHAT is going to happen.
    Can we just remember all the beautiful and funny moments what we have had with them and send them supportive vibrations?
    Tessa just send us her beautiful smile to say:"Life is going to continue!"

Sending 100 of hugs to you all.

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast