Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Finally caught up with all the news and posts.
    Feel gutted for them.
    Hope it's just a cramp and nothing more.
    So proud of them for pushing through.
    On the bright side, Scott didn't gel his hair

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyskate View Post
    ...I don't know about him waving the camera man away. I think they pay a lot of $ to film everything in certain areas of the rink. The reality element and behind the scenes stuff is big right now. (Of course there are exceptions say if a costume falls down and exposes things, etc.).
    He was just being his protective self, an instinctive reaction. I can't really blame him for that.

vCash
    It was cute how Scott wouldn't let her go on the podium. It's evident she doesn't like to talk when things like these happen.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skating678 View Post
    I don't really understand why Tessa getting a cramp in her leg = she must be on her deathbed. But maybe that's just me.
    please dont say that please

perhaps it could be very serious. the commentators said she was having trouble breathing which makes sense. to quote mayo clinic "As the pressure builds up within one of your muscle compartments, with no outlet for release, nerves and blood vessels are compressed. Blood flow may then decrease, causing tissues to get inadequate amounts of oxygen-rich blood, a condition known as ischemia (is-KE-me-uh). Nerves and muscles may sustain damage. "

i cant believe people are giving scott shit for shooing away the camera man

vCash
    Again, you guys pay way too much attention to Twitter. People will always talk, let them.

Right now, the important thing is that Tessa feels the support of all V-M fans and speculating about her condition won't help. Worlds is in a month, I think, unlike some of you, they can win it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Again, you guys pay way too much attention to Twitter. People will always talk, let them.

Right now, the important thing is that Tessa feels the support of all V-M fans and speculating about her condition won't help. Worlds is in a month, I think, unlike some of you, they can win it.
    Agree with ignoring twitterverse - exactly why I don't have a twitter account. Also reason why I only read this thread and FF (thanks to all of you who contribute) to get news and comments on V/M's programs.

Of course they can still win if the judging is fair (including proper interpretation of the COP).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    I just hope Tessa's legs are going to be OK, and that this is just a transitory problem :
    Me too! Praying for her!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    It was cute how Scott wouldn't let her go on the podium. It's evident she doesn't like to talk when things like these happen.
    Yes, that was sweet and sort of very mature for Scott. I mean we all know how openly emotional he can be. I like that he was able to set aside his own frustration (which he was probably feeling) and be there for his partner, particularly during that podium moment. How hard that ceremony must be for them.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    perhaps it could be very serious. the commentators said she was having trouble breathing which makes sense. to quote mayo clinic "As the pressure builds up within one of your muscle compartments, with no outlet for release, nerves and blood vessels are compressed. Blood flow may then decrease, causing tissues to get inadequate amounts of oxygen-rich blood, a condition known as ischemia (is-KE-me-uh). Nerves and muscles may sustain damage. "
    Well I'm not an expert but with CECS, the muscle compartments in the calves, shins, or thighs are the ones having trouble breathing, not the lungs. On the other hand, CECS can cause pain and cramping even after just a few minutes of exercise. But as others pointed out, she skated okay at nationals and as bmcg pointed out, they would not be skating such a difficult FD if they think they are not strong enough to train and perform this at its fullest. So let's not panic yet.

vCash

Virtue/Moir #24: We Like it Hot

Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    If Tessa's leg cramps go away and she feels better, I would definitely expect them to compete at Worlds. I can't see them letting the Canadian audience down just because some skaters are complaining on twitter that V/M didn't get penalized.
    Since it appears V/M are planning to retire after Sochi, Worlds in London will likely be their last chance to experience some of what they felt in Vancouver (the cheering home crowd at a big event). It is possible they may want the London win more than another Gold medal at Sochi. If so, they will definitely make every effort to be at London, and perform their best.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    I hope she will be ok. Looks like he just could not hoist her into the lift on time without her helping herself.
    I don't know about him waving the camera man away. I think they pay a lot of $ to film everything in certain areas of the rink. The reality element and behind the scenes stuff is big right now. (Of course there are exceptions say if a costume falls down and exposes things, etc.).
    well technically he said to move the mic away

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rvi5 View Post
    Since it appears V/M are planning to retire after Sochi, Worlds in London will likely be their last chance to experience some of what they felt in Vancouver (the cheering home crowd at a big event). It is possible they may want the London win more than another Gold medal at Sochi. If so, they will definitely make every effort to be at London, and perform their best.
    If they were at WCh 2011 in Moscow, they will be in London for sure.
    I am impressed with how strong this beautifull girl is
    I know, maybe all will be happy if they will retier, but i am happy she still compete and we all see Carmen and found Antony Hopkins waltz.

vCash
    He was asking Mike Slipchuk to get them to move the camera away.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsley Sage View Post
    He was asking Mike Slipchuk to get them to move the camera away.
    all i heard was him saying "mic... get out of here"

it was really disrespectful for the cameraman to get all up in their personal space

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    [...] And I celebrated Chinese New Year and fell asleep.
    Happy New Year, manhn and everyone else celebrating today!!!

and congrats on your new grandson, puglover!

And Shayii, I understand. It is hard to ignore all the negativity sometimes. I just try to avoid it if I can because I know some people are just going to take cheap shots any chance they get. I kinda feel sorry for people who feel the need to do so. That said, I don't think Sinead meant anything against T&S and I tend to agree with her regarding the rule itself.

Quote Originally Posted by ddtpdx View Post
    Agree with ignoring twitterverse - exactly why I don't have a twitter account. Also reason why I only read this thread and FF (thanks to all of you who contribute) to get news and comments on V/M's programs.

Of course they can still win if the judging is fair (including proper interpretation of the COP).
    Yes, a big thank you to all of you for contributing and sharing news, opinions, pics, etc. I am so thankful for this thread.

And I am with you, ddtpdx, regarding interpretation and application of the rules.

[...]
    I don't know about him waving the camera man away. I think they pay a lot of $ to film everything in certain areas of the rink. The reality element and behind the scenes stuff is big right now. (Of course there are exceptions say if a costume falls down and exposes things, etc.).
    I applaud Scott for doing that, because I find it in poor taste to film such moments. In figure skating, I still expect a certain decorum, no matter how $ is being paid to film. JMO, but the fans are usually tuning in to see the event, and I don't think people will stop watching because they don't have access to these moments. More importantly, Tessa was having difficulty breathing and was conferring with her coaches about an injury. She should have been given some privacy to do so.

I also want to (((Tessa and Scott))). I am so impressed with Tessa for showing such grit. And Scott was very sweet and tender with her...so nice to see. I just hope she is healthy and can enjoy worlds in her hometown.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    If they were at WCh 2011 in Moscow, they will be in London for sure.
    I am impressed with how strong this beautifull girl is
    I know, maybe all will be happy if they will retier, but i am happy she still compete and we all see Carmen and found Antony Hopkins waltz.
    Pani I agree with you.
    I was so gutted when this happened. But in the last few weeks since I went away I have just told myself to enjoy anything we see of them as time is running out.

I at least hope to see them live in CSOI or other professional shows in Toronto but for those who cannot see them Live I feel very bad.

vCash
    I think now they need to get a lot off good vibes, to feel fans support ect. I know, they are not social-network guys, but i hope they feel (especially Tessa) our support and and love.
    Get well soon Tessa. No matter what we will alwayse support you and Scott Thanks you for all you gave to us during all this year!
    Last edited by pani; 02-10-2013 at 08:35 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    all i heard was him saying "mic... get out of here"

it was really disrespectful for the cameraman to get all up in their personal space
    Mike Slipchuk, Skate Canada High Performance Director and Team Leader for 4CC's, was standing off to the side and he was the one that stopped the camera from moving any closer.

vCash
    I finally found the courage to watch the video and something was off before they even started to me. Tessa looked exhausted (I don't mean as in stamina, but something just wasn't right) at the beginning before they took their pose. It was very hard for me to watch everything that unfolded. Despite this setback I just love this program so much and even if it doesn't get them gold at Worlds, it's truly brilliant. I loved how supportive Scott is and how he just takes charge, how Oleg was also supportive and was helping Tessa with her skates once in the KnC, and finally how supportive the crowd was.

Also the fact that some thought they just wanted a breather is so crazy to me. That looked far from what was actually going on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I think now they need to get a lot off good vibes, to feel fans support ect. I know, they are not social-network guys, but i hope they feel (especially Tessa) our support and and love.
    Get well soon Tessa. No matter what we will alwauyse support you and Scott Thanks you for all you gave to us during all this year!
    Very nicely said, Pani. I hope they know their fans will always believe in them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    I finally found the courage to watch the video and something was off before they even started to me. Tessa looked exhausted (I don't mean as in stamina, but something just wasn't right) at the beginning before they took their pose. It was very hard for me to watch everything that unfolded. Despite this setback I just love this program so much and even if it doesn't get them gold at Worlds, it's truly brilliant. I loved how supportive Scott is and how he just takes charge, how Oleg was also supportive and was helping Tessa with her skates once in the KnC, and finally how supportive the crowd was.

Also the fact that some thought they just wanted a breather is so crazy to me. That looked far from what was actually going on.
    Yes, crowd were amazing. They gave all flowers ro D-W, but get standing ovationa to T-S. And they was so quite when they stop skating. Amazinng audience. They know a lot about figure skating.

Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast