Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 800 of 1008
  1. #781
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    559
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    i dont remember
    but its amazing how when the shibs stop in the middle of a skate because of injury no one complains that they should get a deduction but when v/m do everyone complains
    I can understand this, TBH. Not that the Shibs aren't a great team, but it doesn't matter to the same extent. V/M are one of the top two teams vying for every title. People are going to pay more attention.

  2. #782
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I can't get the ISU website to function properly on this computer (it flashes all the time) but there is a rule for deductions for interruptions in excess of 5 seconds. It's -1.00 for 6-15 secs and -2.00 for 16-30 secs. What isn't clear is if the deduction is taken when the skater is injured or cramping such as what appears to be the case with Alex in Russia and Tessa here. Either there are exceptions or the referee forgot to take the deduction (maybe they forgot to time it?). So I don't think the system itself is broken but a matter of clarification. It's good that here it didn't affect the results unlike last seasons errors with the lift calculations that did affect results.

    The good news (and we all need some) is there were NO timing deductions on the lift and as sad as I am to see the old one go the new spin garnered the marks they wanted. So

  3. #783

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Staring at the ocean, anywhere anytime
    Posts
    9,866
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11372
    I just hope Tessa's legs are going to be OK, and that this is just a transitory problem :

  4. #784

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,729
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    IDK if they said the same thing when it happened to them, but IDK I just feel bad for T and S right now. It's Sinead Kerr and some other one (forgot her name). I'll miss them but if they retire I'll understand and everybody will be happy; Tessa doesn't have to deal with leg problems anymore and D/W will get Olympic gold.
    Only after SD she talked about OG and how they want to be there. This girl is a reall fighter.
    Maybe i will be more happy, if Tessa will stay healthy and happy, then will fight for second gold, when nobody know - will they get it ot it is in D-W hands already. So i will choose - greate happy life after skating.
    But from other hand - she skated really well in first part and in second part. So maybe it was acclimatization and nervous tension? I feel like she felt strong at Nationals, no? Maybe working with close rivals didnt work for her anymore?
    So i dont know. Wish her all the best.
    Will see - will be they at Gala tomorrow/

  5. #785

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,729
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    this season does feel like 2009 all over again, doesnt it?
    I feel its a little different- she skated during all the season.
    You know, if they had easy lifts, i am sure Scott could did it along and Tessa could have rest. But they all the time try to made something ober the top.

  6. #786
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Only after SD she talked about OG and how they want to be there. This girl is a reall fighter.
    Maybe i will be more happy, if Tessa will stay healthy and happy, then will fight for second gold, when nobody know - will they get it ot it is in D-W hands already. So i will choose - greate happy life after skating.
    But from other hand - she skated really well in first part and in second part. So maybe it was acclimatization and nervous tension? I feel like she felt strong at Nationals, no? Maybe working with close rivals didnt work for her anymore?
    So i dont know. Wish her all the best.
    Will see - will be they at Gala tomorrow/
    I've thought a few times this season that it might not be so much of a benefit anymore. I think Krylova was on to something last year. I don't think either team will give up Marina though so I don't see it changing. But I would like to see what each team could come up with next season without the other team watching and with a coach trying to make them #1 instead of trying to make them equal.

  7. #787
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The airport
    Posts
    1,242
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    this season does feel like 2009 all over again, doesnt it?
    No, I don't think so. As Pani mentioned, they have looked way more solid this year.

    Look, it is a fact that Tessa has leg issues, cramping is also a reality in this sport, as in any really, but more so here. They continued, let's not forget that. Tessa knows better than to risk a new injury after skating in pain for so many years, so I doubt she would have decided to continue if the pain was shin-related. Also, note how fast it was all going.

  8. #788
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    459
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    The poor things. I have a feeling her compartment syndrome has never and will never be truly fixed.

  9. #789

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    582
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Look, it is a fact that Tessa has leg issues, cramping is also a reality in this sport, as in any really, but more so here. They continued, let's not forget that. Tessa knows better than to risk a new injury after skating in pain for so many years, so I doubt she would have decided to continue if the pain was shin-related. Also, note how fast it was all going.
    I agree. It's true that her condition will never go away, but she's wise enough not to risk an injury. If she hadn't been able to, she wouldn't have continued.

  10. #790
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    510
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I'm really sad that this incident happened. Tessa and Scott were looking great up until that moment and they seemed to have recovered well afterwards. On a side note, isn't it great to see how Scott always supports Tessa and looks protective? If I was skating ice-dance, I wanted a partner just like him. This problem hurt their final score and now we can only speculate how the outcome would have been if both teams had skated clean. Would it be good enough or not (in the eyes of the judges) to beat Meryl and Charlie?
    However, I firmly believe Tessa and Scott will be stellar at the world championships. They will be there fighting for the gold. I don't think anybody can say that Meryl and Charlie have it in the bag. Carmen is a much more demanding free dance from a choreographical point of view and it's much original. Considering the changes that Tessa and Scott had in the FD after the GPF plus getting into better form, they may rock the house in London.

  11. #791

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,729
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Guys, you all saw her at Nationals. did you have feeling she wasnt OK?

  12. #792
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    197
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Guys, you all saw her at Nationals. did you have feeling she wasnt OK?
    I doubt we will ever see or determine if everything is okay or not based on their performances. I mean look at the Olympics. Who knew Tessa was counting steps to save her legs back then? I really, really hope this is just some random cramps all athletes suffers at one point or another in their careers. She was able to continue so that's a good sign. I hope.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bue View Post
    I can understand this, TBH. Not that the Shibs aren't a great team, but it doesn't matter to the same extent. V/M are one of the top two teams vying for every title. People are going to pay more attention.
    But the tendency sometimes is if things like this happen to a team like the Shibs, either people not pay attention or they blame the rules. With V/M being who they are, some people would probably blame both the rules and VM.

    And I do hope they will be in the gala, because not only will it mean things are not as bad as some of us are secretly fearing, but for the selfish reason that I need some sweet Hallelujah after this. But only if they can.
    Last edited by Sahararainfall; 02-10-2013 at 06:30 PM.

  13. #793
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I didn't. I felt she skated great at Nationals. I also don't think they would be doing such a demanding, difficult program if she were not healthy. They don't need to do all the things they do to achieve those levels. Just look at the lifts of I&K to see how easy a level four is to obtain. I think it's just one of those horrible moments that happens. Maybe the heat got to her and she suffered heat cramps:
    http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/heat-cramps
    I think she is and will be fine, just a really unfortunate time for that to happen.

  14. #794
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    667
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I hope she will be ok. Looks like he just could not hoist her into the lift on time without her helping herself.
    I don't know about him waving the camera man away. I think they pay a lot of $ to film everything in certain areas of the rink. The reality element and behind the scenes stuff is big right now. (Of course there are exceptions say if a costume falls down and exposes things, etc.).

  15. #795

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,729
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    I didn't. I felt she skated great at Nationals. I also don't think they would be doing such a demanding, difficult program if she were not healthy. They don't need to do all the things they do to achieve those levels. Just look at the lifts of I&K to see how easy a level four is to obtain. I think it's just one of those horrible moments that happens. Maybe the heat got to her and she suffered heat cramps:
    http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/heat-cramps
    I think she is and will be fine, just a really unfortunate time for that to happen.
    I hope you are right. Will hope.
    And i agree. At 2010 OG they didnt have such difficult program. All Tessas problems start from the OD.
    From other hand - they had it year before OG.
    But last season they had FF with slow part for the rest, no? I thought Tessa feel better, thats why they made such a difficult FD.
    At Nationals i thought they were very light on there fett. And in SD at 4CC.

  16. #796
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Age
    25
    Posts
    62
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I don't really understand why Tessa getting a cramp in her leg = she must be on her deathbed. But maybe that's just me.

  17. #797
    Rooting for the Underdogs
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Politicking for P&B and V&M
    Posts
    1,630
    vCash
    887
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Skating678 View Post
    I don't really understand why Tessa getting a cramp in her leg = she must be on her deathbed. But maybe that's just me.
    Because all of her previous problems with chronic exertional compartment syndrome, including 2 surgeries to deal with it?

  18. #798
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Skating678 View Post
    I don't really understand why Tessa getting a cramp in her leg = she must be on her deathbed. But maybe that's just me.
    Normally it shouldn't. I think people overreact in her case because she has had severe problems in the past requiring surgery. I personally think she will be fine and at Nationals and in the SD here they were light on their feet and floating over the ice. To me it looks like one of those "why now" moments which is probably why she looked so gutted.

  19. #799
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Age
    25
    Posts
    62
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    Because all of her previous problems with chronic exertional compartment syndrome, including 2 surgeries to deal with it?
    But it is not like they withdrew from the competition or something.
    In 2009 she was in a wheelchair. I don't see how people can compare that to this season.

  20. #800
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The airport
    Posts
    1,242
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    Normally it shouldn't. I think people overreact in her case because she has had severe problems in the past requiring surgery. I personally think she will be fine and at Nationals and in the SD here they were light on their feet and floating over the ice. To me it looks like one of those "why now" moments which is probably why she looked so gutted.

    I think you are right.

Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •