Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

vCash
    Thanks guys. I don't know how to comprehend this. I just can't believe something like this happened again. I still wasn't expecting a win, but I couldn't have imagined this even if someone had told me it would happen. I know everybody in here must be feeling as I am, so hugs all around. I'll try and go process this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    I can't watch it yet, I need to know what happened first please (sorry). Was it nerves? Did something happen during the performance?
    And Scott after the stopping said "I can't do it."

So we don't know, it was Tessa's or Scott's fault.

vCash
    Yes, hugs to Tessa, who must be crushed right now. She looked extremely sad and was trying to contain her emotions out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CatherineC View Post
    And Scott after the stopping said "I can't do it."

So we don't know, it was Tessa's or Scott's fault.
    No, it was Tessa and I think they both tried to get into it again, but then he told her no and then I think he kept saying: "It's okay, it's okay".

Love how Scott told the cameraman to go away.

vCash
    Yeah it is interesting. I thought they were doing really well before the stop. Seeing the two teams head to head really highlights how fantastic this program is and what incredibly refined skaters they are.

That is the one thing I didn't expect to happen today. I feel so devasated for them

vCash
    It looked to me like Tessa was favouring her left leg.

Very curious to hear what they say in the press conference. Things were going well up to that point. The twizzles were amazing.

Her untying her skates/taking them off in the k&c reminded me of the 2009 season.

vCash
    How are people reacting to this? Some fans are upset and disappointed in them and those are their fans! Ugh this sucks so bad (this is me starting to process it). Poor Tessa, and Scott too, I don't want to think about how they're feeling now. How are they going to handle Worlds? They're putting too much pressure and stress on themselves.

vCash
    The Eurosport guy said that it was very warm in the arena. Once before, Tessa was sick before skating and said it was because the program was so challenging physically. I can see both playing a part.

vCash
    Did you read USA twittes (Icenetwork, Sarah and Drew?

Scoured ISU rules after Virtue&Moir stopped FD midway 2day&restarted, no deduction. Lots of words, seems 2 be at referee discretion
    Same as Shibutanis at CoR. Redid lift, no deduction. Interesting.
    t's been happening for many, many years, even at 2006 Olympics -- Zhang & Zhang took a long break.
    Sorry, but if somethinf like this happened with Meryl, i will never start talking about dedactions, score and referee - just will be upset for skaters.

vCash
    How are people reacting to this? Some fans are upset and disappointed in them and those are their fans! Ugh this sucks so bad (this is me starting to process it). Poor Tessa, and Scott too, I don't want to think about how they're feeling now. How are they going to handle Worlds? They're putting too much pressure and stress on themselves.
    Who is disappointed in THEM? That's absurd. They're not robots, stuff like this happens even to the best. It's disappointing that they couldn't skate clean, because they might have won and it would have given them the needed advantage going into Worlds. I hope, though, that they can rebound from this. I trust them and their strength, as always.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    It looked to me like Tessa was favouring her left leg.
    I think so too. And look, like Scott wish to continiue without this lift.
    Yes, i didnt saw her doing this with heer skates since 2009
    Send good bibes to her. Maybe i need to send support message to SC.
    Last edited by pani; 02-10-2013 at 03:59 PM.

vCash
    My reaction after watching the FD is that my respect for Tessa Virtue has gone through the roof!

Second, the suspense continues. They were beaten here, but they didn't skate to their potential. Getting over 112 is definitely realistic for them. If they're able to skate the way they can in London, it will be a nail biter for sure.

vCash
    Thinking about worlds too. Hometown = extra pressure, all the dangerous things in Carmen = More pressure. This is gonna be the hardest competition for them ever. Maybe not technically, but emotionally.
    If they will do all the best, I will take my hat off.
    Because they are stars.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Did you read USA twittes (Icenetwork, Sarah and Drew?

Sorry, but if somethinf like this happened with Meryl, i will never start talking about dedactions, score and referee - just will be upset for skaters.
    And that is where our sentiments should be, upset for skaters. We should want ALL skaters to skate their best.

vCash
    Who is saying this? I haven't seen it on this board.

vCash
    did scott mouth "it's okay, it's okay" or "im sorry i cant do it"? i thought he mouthed the former, and if it is, then it's with tessa.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I think so too. And look, like Scott wish to continiue without this lift.
    Yeah, he starts doing the little choreo "run" after the music changes, like he's going to continue.

vCash
    I've seen this as well especially on Twitter. I think that as London gets closer, there are a lot of Canadian skating fans that are basically preparing for failure. They think that Tessa and Scott wont be able to win with Carmen, that Patrick is doomed to lose, etc etc. There is just so much negativity right now.

Carmen is the type of program that people either love or hate. So there is a lot of pressure in that respect.

vCash
    Werid - no news from press-confference...

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    oh god i knew something bad would happen

Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast