Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    Yeah, I thought so too. Lovely to see Scott so sweet and supportive.

Do you guys think they NEEDED to win here in order to win Worlds? How does that affect the way the program is viewed by the judges?
    Yes, I think if they were going to have a shot at winning Worlds, they needed to win here. I think it's pretty much over and done with now on who's going to win in London. The only question on placements is bronze, given P/B have been out with their injury.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    They really stretched themselves artistically and physically with Carmen that I hope Swan and SC can help them shake this disappointment off and pump themselves up for London.
    I think if anyone can do that, it's Swan. She seems like such a great lady and teacher! Very supportive and sweet.

The thing that makes me sad about today is now I really have this feeling they are going to dumb it down a lot choreographically for the Olympics. Having demanding choreography is just too big of a risk in ice dancing now. It's absurd.

vCash
    You can rewatch the Free Dance here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGEJKyFoNSo , I hope Tessa is ok :/

vCash
    Well, we will never know. A stop has to shake you up significantly. I do think had they been on, they might've taken it. It was close. We will need official word on what exactly happened, though. I haven't been able to watch it again, but maybe she could not breathe well. Positives? I think the PCS tells the story and it was close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I think if anyone can do that, it's Swan. She seems like such a great lady and teacher! Very supportive and sweet.

The thing that makes me sad about today is now I really have this feeling they are going to dumb it down a lot choreographically for the Olympics. Having demanding choreography is just too big of a risk in ice dancing now. It's absurd.
    That's my feeling as well on next year's choreography.
    Last edited by aka_gerbil; 02-10-2013 at 02:55 PM.

vCash
    Hey, you never know. They're very driven. If they're healthy, I wouldn't count them out just yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julianna0263 View Post
    You can rewatch the Free Dance here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGEJKyFoNSo , I hope Tessa is ok :/
    Thank you for uploading it. In the midst of all the commotion, has anyone noticed they've changed the first part of the spin? They couldn't gain enough speed with the previous one, but it worked so much better...

The arena was so silent when they stopped, you could hear their blades on the ice. I'm having a horrible deja-vu...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marikat View Post
    Thanks. I think from the video it was Tessa with the problem. Scott was trying to push on.

But the biggest news is they changed their spin Damn that tech panel at Canadian Nats

vCash
    Yeah, they changed it. With everything that happened, it was the furthest thing from my mind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    Yeah, I thought so too. Lovely to see Scott so sweet and supportive.

Do you guys think they NEEDED to win here in order to win Worlds? How does that affect the way the program is viewed by the judges?
    You know, maybe first time i didnt think about win at all. Even on home ice. I am thinking anly about Tessa and her health I want to pray for her - njt for there gold at WCh, but for her health. Its nice to see how Scott support her, how he hold her all the time during medal ceremony - even operator notice this. I dont know, what is going on< but it was Marina, who said in 2011 Russian Nationals - Tessa couldnt show all potential because of her injury. And for sad to see - coaches didnt try to support her. Do you remeber 2011 4CC and how Igor holded Tessas hands after her stop? Now she stay along, its good, if Scott support her.
    As for photo. I think T-S just didnt felt good and need to go from the ice quikly. How could she will feel good after what happened?
    And i think Scott tell her he couldnt made this, because Tessa didnt start doing this lift and he didnt know, what is happened.
    Like i said before, now i am thinking only about her health.
    Any oficcial words will not be truth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    Yes, I think if they were going to have a shot at winning Worlds, they needed to win here. I think it's pretty much over and done with now on who's going to win in London. The only question on placements is bronze, given P/B have been out with their injury.
    Oh I strongly disagree ... Virtue and moir weren't at their best so it will rightfully come down to performance at worlds for both teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    And i think Scott tell her he couldnt made this, because Tessa didnt start doing this lift and he didnt know, what is happened.
    Like i said before, now i am thinking only about her health.
    Any oficcial words will not be truth.
    I think the problem was hers. She couldn't get up for the lift, told him something over his shoulder and then I think Scott mouths "It's okay, it's okay".
    The fact that they managed to perform the rest of it so well shows what great athletes they are. The speed and precision of the rotational lift was amazing.
    But Tessa must be crushed right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Oh I strongly disagree ... Virtue and moir weren't at their best so it will rightfully come down to performance at worlds for both teams.
    No, they weren't at their best today. I'm just viewing things within the trajectory of the whole season. They needed for this not to have happened and to have won here. I think it's going to be another thing that will hurt them at worlds.

vCash
    a) Before the stop, they out GOEd D/W on three elements - the lift, twizzles and step sequence, indicating that the judges thought they were doing comparably well

b) After the stop, they didn't out GOE D/W on anything (combo lift doesn't count as D/W don't do one) - clearly V/M were pushing it but out of steam.

c) They beat D/W in terms of choreography, even with the viewpoint colored by the interruption.

d) It's gonna come down to levels. I think that favours D/W at this point.

vCash
    Can somebody tell me what happened? I just woke up and I'm hearing they stopped and something about breathing? Disappointed can't begin to describe how I feel right now.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Can somebody tell me what happened? I just woke up and I'm hearing they stopped and something about breathing? Disappointed can't begin to describe how I feel right now.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...KyFoNSo#t=164s Here is the video timed for the stop

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...KyFoNSo#t=164s Here is the video timed for the stop
    I can't watch it yet, I need to know what happened first please (sorry). Was it nerves? Did something happen during the performance?

vCash
    I can't watch it yet, I need to know what happened first please (sorry). Was it nerves? Did something happen during the performance?
    No, no nerves. I don't want to think it was her legs and she looked out of breath, drank a lot of water when they stopped. It also seems to me she's the one who told Scott they should continue.

We won't know until they say what happened.

YEAH!
    vCash
    They stopped going into a lift. It appeared random - difficult to tell what happened. The speculation is that Scott stopped it because Tessa couldn't breathe. The music stopped, they spoke to the referee, and then resumed and did the lift.

vCash
    Interesting that they were out-GOE-ing D-W before they stopped.

Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast