Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Do you have any videos?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    They lost on TES mostly (52.73 vs. 54.94 for D&W), with the lift counting. The PCS were 56.47 (D&W got 57.74), close enough that I think they could've won the PCS without the interruption. The only mark they won was Choreography.
    Depressing they lost the Transition mark to Davis & White!

It'll be interesting to see what they say in the press conference and how Skate Canada spins this on their website.

vCash
    It wasn't obviously their best performance due to whatever happened but it was encouraging to see them finish. I find Davis and white's fd boring compared to their fd last year and especially compared to carmen.

vCash
    Took a look at the protocols and here's what I found:
    D/W began with a higher base as they got level 4 for everything but one element. V/M got two level 3s and hence lost 1.5 to D/W in that way.
    In the GOE column, D/W had higher marks in 6 of the 9 elements (which means, of course, that V/M had higher on 3), and had a .71 lead in GOE.
    There's a two mark differential.

The PCS is where I am again confused a bit. D/W had higher marks on 4 of the 5 categories with V/M only winning the CH and that only by .04 while D/W quite handily "won" over V/M in each of the other 4 categories. Is this where V/M likely got dinged for their stoppage? Perhaps not overtly but on some subconscious level? or are the judges just still madly in love with speed, speed, speed?
    Crazy about sports!

vCash

vCash
    I think it's reassuring that they continued. This tells me it wasn't an injury, they wouldn't have risked it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    Depressing they lost the Transition mark to Davis & White!

It'll be interesting to see what they say in the press conference and how Skate Canada spins this on their website.
    It was the same in the SD. I really think the lack of refinement of D&W and how they don't really stretch and finish off their moves gives the judges the illusion there is more going on. In that case they will always beat out teams like V&M and P&B when from where I´m sitting those two do so much more.

vCash
    It looked like she's going to cry in that medal ceremony

Maybe that's just for me, but...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CatherineC View Post

I watched the ceremony and they seamed very sad.At one point,I thought Tessa is going to start to cry.

vCash
    Interesting that they didn't stay on the ice for a photo with Marina.

I think shes injured. I watched the medal ceremony and it seemed like he helped her up onto the podium with both arms. I could be wrong, but at 2:35 I think she says to him something like "you're going to have to lift me" (or help me). She seemed uncomfortable. Hope I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Rafter; 02-10-2013 at 02:55 PM.

vCash
    I am down in the states waiting for the birth of a new grandson and wake up to a terrible bunch of pbp comments. They strike me as the saddest I have ever read. I'm very stunned anyone could question a problem happening during the amazing physical feat that is their "Carmen". Commentators have spoken of the "risk" all year long. These are young athletes and not machines and they are certainly not celebrating. It has always been very evident they are constantly trying to improve and be better then the last. Is the win for D&W so crucial they kick their competitors when they are down?
    pug lover

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CatherineC View Post

Yeah, I thought so too. Lovely to see Scott so sweet and supportive.

Do you guys think they NEEDED to win here in order to win Worlds? How does that affect the way the program is viewed by the judges?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    I don't think it was her legs, Pani. It didn't look that way to me at least.
    Will see on yotube with more attention to this.
    In any case - GOE was low, then D-W get.
    This show to me one more time how medals is not important, but important to stay healthy.
    And no official words about this. But will they tell truth& Dont this so.
    Anyone saw medal ceremony video? Was Tessa there?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    Yeah, I thought so too. Lovely to see Scott so sweet and supportive.

Do you guys think they NEEDED to win here in order to win Worlds? How does that affect the way the program is viewed by the judges?
    It will come down to performances at worlds which I have said all season long.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    The PCS is where I am again confused a bit. D/W had higher marks on 4 of the 5 categories with V/M only winning the CH and that only by .04 while D/W quite handily "won" over V/M in each of the other 4 categories. Is this where V/M likely got dinged for their stoppage? Perhaps not overtly but on some subconscious level? or are the judges just still madly in love with speed, speed, speed?
    V&M were hit significantly on P/E in response to the stop. Results between these two will always be "luck of the draw" as the teams are so close and there are judges who prefer one team over the other (as fans do) regardless of what happens on a given day. If both had skated great the components would have been closer, but I think it was clear after the short dance that D&W had this particular panel on their side all things considered equal. Ignoring the more subjective components, L4 on the footwork in the FD would have led to a D&W win regardless just as in the short dance V&M won based on their L4 footwork... Politics aside, I think world's placement is going to come down to levels and performance on the day. There is no way to predict the outcome. The beauty of this rivalry is that both teams have things that they do better than the other. I think for many judges this balances the two out so that it should hopefully come down to performance on the day. This is sport after all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    This show to me one more time how medals is not important, but important to stay healthy.
    CatherineC posted it #685.yes,tessa was there.

vCash

vCash
    And it should come down to performance and technical reasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Yes. Look a few posts above for link, there are three parts to the medal ceremony.

I agree they looked really sad. Also noted they didn't stay for on ice photo with Marina. Probably emotions. They really stretched themselves artistically and physically with Carmen that I hope Swan and SC can help them shake this disappointment off and pump themselves up for London.

((((( Tessa and Scott )))))))

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    I'm trying to remember times when the top ranked ice couple lost every outing to their main rivals throughout the season and still won Worlds... in 2009 DomShabs lost to K&N at CoR and DelSchoes at GPF, and WD after messing up the CD at Euros. They still won Worlds. In 2006 DenSta won Worlds with their only competitions being NHK (2nd) and Olympics (5th). So it's possible to win, but obviously this is not the ideal.

I guess the good thing is it will go down as "who knows who would have won if V&M had not stopped." PCS wise it was close, and the PCS should be good at home. I am happy that they skated pretty well aside from the stop. My big concern is that they are not hitting l4 on the steps. So basically I think they can win if they hit the levels at Worlds and skate well, which is pretty much what I thought before.

Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast