Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I meant to ask, since this SD has changed significantly since its debut, what are your favourite moments? What stands out to you most about the dance? and how has your overall impression of the dance changed since its debut?

vCash
    I think now its more flow in SD. I love how they dance polka - so light, easy. But i am not sure is this becasue they change SD ot becasue they now skate better, then at the begining of the season.
    I love how Tessa after lift put her one foot on ice and made turn on one foot - so easy, so elegant.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    I meant to ask, since this SD has changed significantly since its debut, what are your favourite moments? What stands out to you most about the dance? and how has your overall impression of the dance changed since its debut?
    This isn't so much a moment, but I love how much lighter the whole mood of the dance is now. I thought it was a pretty dance at the beginning of the season; however, the tone they projected seemed too heavy for the music I love how joyful and playful the whole dance is now. I think Tessa and Scott just being themselves out there, having fun, works a lot better than the original concept.

Like a lot of others, I love that little bit of chasing/weaving/teasing playful choroegraphy after the polka sequences. I also quite like the NtMi Steps and the ending.

vCash
    As for steps. I love SS from SC, but they coudnt get level 4 for it. This was something fresh and unusual. So i think tech cometee need re-work rules. For example, I-K have lift, where Nikita stay on 1 knee and they get level 4 for this lift, wich will be easey even for novice. But this beautifull SS could get only level 2.
    But i alswayse adore how close together V-M made not touch SS.

vCash
    Anyone get the water bottle? I went to a Canadian Tire and they could not sell the bottle on its own. I can't justify $35 for a water bottle. I didn't even buy their book at full retail price--I paid $6.99 when I found it in the sales bin of my local book store. If only my car broke down and I needed to buy a new car battery one and a half months later!!!

YEAH!
    vCash
    Can you get a gift card to save for when you do need something?

I would just buy anything and return it later. Desperate times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Can you get a gift card to save for when you do need something?

I would just buy anything and return it later. Desperate times.
    Maybe they'll start to sell them on its own after this "special" ... I can't imagine what they'll do with all those bottles after. It'd be such a waste if they just get rid of them.

vCash
    Hello everybody! I'm bringing this over from FF (thanks to squintyfly for finding it and dtwyyz for translating). Nathalie Pechalat did commentary for the SD on Eurosport France and this is what she said:
    it was a great dance and this is her favourite couple in this competition. The only issue she had is as Olympic Champions she is disappointed with their lift in the SD as she thinks it is not as original and is more for obtaining points
    Also apparently she had great things to say about Carmen too. I agree with gerbil that my favorite thing about the SD now is the new lightness in it; they just seemed so free. I hope they can skate like that tonight too! Unfortunately wouldn't be able to watch live, but go Tessa and Scott go!! I hope you have the best performance (both technical and artistic) of Carmen yet!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Unfortunately wouldn't be able to watch live, but go Tessa and Scott go!! I hope you have the best performance (both technical and artistic) of Carmen yet!
    Yes, go, guys!

YEAH!
    vCash
    That's great! Thank you Shayii for bringing that to our attention. Very classy for Nathalie to say nice things about her current competitors. To be honest, I agree with her about the lift. It's kind of blah compared to the innovative lifts in Carmen. I hope someone can translate it in more detail and will also do her comments for the FD and to be really greedy, I would be interested in her general thoughts on the other couples.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    My favourite part is the Polka section and the twizzles. It always reminds me of a quote from TAT towards another ice dance couple, "they skate like birds!!"

I think you probable know who this couple is BKFan .

vCash
    For me, I love the beautiful waltz music that flows so seamlessly into and out of the polka music. I just watched the SD again without music, and it is impressive that you can tell exactly which dances they are doing. I agree with walei about twizzles and the polka. I think, overall, the impression of the joy they share in the dance and each other leaves them streets ahead of everyone else. JMO

vCash
    I thought I remember V&M saying saying earlier in the season that they thought they might work on a different lift in the SD. I'm trying to remember .. was it at Skate Canada they had trouble with the lift and then changed it to that?

BTW - is the FD tomorrow? I thought it was tonight. I am awful with time time differences I guess.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    I thought I remember V&M saying saying earlier in the season that they thought they might work on a different lift in the SD. I'm trying to remember .. was it at Skate Canada they had trouble with the lift and then changed it to that?
    Yes, it was after Skate Canada that they changed the lift. The original lift was also the one that caused the injury to Scott's neck that made them have to withdraw from Finlandia.

BTW - is the FD tomorrow? I thought it was tonight. I am awful with time time differences I guess.
    It's at 6am Eastern tomorrow morning. It is a bit confusing--it feels like the FD has been tomorrow for two days now with the time differences and scheduling!

YEAH!
    vCash
    Have their been reliable free feeds for North Americans for 4CC? Trying to decide if it's worth waking up early on a Sunday.

And actually, according to the time schedule the last group starts at about 7:45 Eastern and V&M are on at 8AM, which isn't bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    Yes, it was after Skate Canada that they changed the lift. The original lift was also the one that caused the injury to Scott's neck that made them have to withdraw from Finlandia.

It's at 6am Eastern tomorrow morning. It is a bit confusing--it feels like the FD has been tomorrow for two days now with the time differences and scheduling!
    Thank you for the clarification - I'll likely be up around 7:00ish or 7:30 but I'm not getting up to see the live reports .. you are also correct about the injury prior to SC and I remember something about Scott saying that they were thinking about changing it later on from the one they are still using. I suspect they've have to make and improve both dances maybe they didn't consider it necessary or important or just didn't have the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Yes. Before Finlandia, Scott strained his neck a little on a lift (the SD lift) and while they struggled with it at SC. So they went back to a different lift for CoR and are reusing the Funny Face rotational lift here. Given how much they hate reusing elements, I can't imagine it was an easy decision. But they felt they needed to change the footwork to level it up (and got level four here and at SC, so clearly it worked), were changing the footwork in Carmen AND how difficult that FD is in general, I understand it.

More generally, I don't think people have really commented on how V/M go about creating their lifts in any detail. I'm not an expert by any means on their creative process, but it seems to me that they come up with ideas and concepts first and try to make their bodies do them (as opposed to work within the constraints of what they know they can do 0 which is something 99% of those competing seem to do). We saw it with the first (curve) lift in Funny Face that eventually was changed because it was just too difficult to get good GOEs and base value on (indeed, this team loves continuous motion in their lifts, which can drop them down two level two - see the Latin SD lift as well). The choreographic lift in Carmen - insane concept, but just too hard to pull off within the rules effectively (I regret that one, to be honest, because it was such a gutwrenchingly powerful image). I love them for it

My favourite part in the short dance: the tone. It's still so elegant, but joyously so. It's flirtatious, but not trite. Fascinating construction and skating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Have their been reliable free feeds for North Americans for 4CC? Trying to decide if it's worth waking up early on a Sunday.

And actually, according to the time schedule the last group starts at about 7:45 Eastern and V&M are on at 8AM, which isn't bad.
    So if I get up, is CBC or anywhere else giving us the live feed? Can anyone help out with this lol thanks!!

vCash
    Eurosport 2 on Teka TV. You need to regiser but you can even get a free so you won't have to pay the 12.95 US unless you want to also watch the junior worlds. . They will have the Women's Free and the Dance Free live. Pairs is taped and turns up after or between the other two. there's link to Eurosport directly on Hot Blades Hot passion. I couldn't make that work -without downloading something. But Teka works a treat. you can find a link back in the early part of TV alerts on the Forum page. i've watched several events including the Men's Free without any problems.
    Last edited by Corianna; 02-10-2013 at 01:52 AM. Reason: register for regiter

vCash
    Add to my last -That should have read three day free trial. The site is in Russian, but google will translate most of it. If you're going to try it, you'll need to click on TV - then unlock all channels, then find Eurosport2, and click the little grey button above the picture which may or may not be translated as Live. It sounds very fiddley, but believe me, if I can do it, anybody can.

Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast